irlandahay Posted June 18, 2007 Report Share Posted June 18, 2007 (edited) "I wonder if the war will ever end. For as long as I have lived the Armenians have fought the Turks, and though we did win one great victory over them, in the years since that victory we have seen more land lost, and with the land, the stories that were attached to the valleys and the hilltops have been lost as well. History is not just a tale of man's making, but is a thing tied to the land. We call a hill by the name of a hero who died there, or name a river after a princess who fled beside its banks, and when the old names vanish, the stories go with them and the new ones carry no reminder of the past. The Turks take our land and now our history. They spread like a contagion, and we no longer have Antranik to protect us. AntraniK, scourge of the Turks, Lord of Armenia and the man whose love hurts him more than any wound from sword or spear. How I do miss Antranik." -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Friend sent it...no idea where he found it or who wrote it but I like it Edited June 18, 2007 by irlandahay Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.