Error 404 Posted November 14, 2006 Report Share Posted November 14, 2006 Hey guys what is your favorite version of "Hamlet" movie? There are so many of them. I personally love the russian one with armenian translation. It is perfect movie with perfect actors. Inokentiy Smaktunovskiy plays Hamlet. He is briliant there! Not only there he plays good also in other movies like "Beware of the Car" (Zgushacir avtomeqenayic) etc. Please post your favorite version of Hamlet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted November 14, 2006 Report Share Posted November 14, 2006 I like Mel Gibsons Hamlet as well, he delivers powerfull performance and many critics called Hamlet his best role Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Armenak Posted November 14, 2006 Report Share Posted November 14, 2006 I did not hear good things about the Gibson one, or that weird futuristic one with Ethan Hawke. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gamavor Posted November 14, 2006 Report Share Posted November 14, 2006 Jeremy Irons and Visotsky are the best Hamlets I've ever seen! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Error 404 Posted November 14, 2006 Author Report Share Posted November 14, 2006 The reason I have asked is that every film director who reaches to the top of his success he still has one ultimate challenge. That is to make his own Hamlet and if he succeeds then he is a real legend if not then he is not as good as thought. This is what my professor of international literature told us once. Supposedly it is very hard to make Hamlet to find good actors and direct them. I completely agree with him. Like I said I like russian version with Smaktunovsky. The armenian translation is just fantastic like Rostam and Zohrab. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Armenak Posted November 15, 2006 Report Share Posted November 15, 2006 I've only seen the version with Derek Jacobi and Patrick Stewart. Not much in the way of production design, but fine acting. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hosank Posted February 20, 2007 Report Share Posted February 20, 2007 i had to study hamlet for english... and that teacher completely turned me off from the play.. i saw the olivier version, quite terrible, long, and badly done, i actually slept through 2 hours of it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zartonk Posted February 21, 2007 Report Share Posted February 21, 2007 I did not hear good things about the Gibson one, or that weird futuristic one with Ethan Hawke. Likewise. I have specifically been told to avoid the Ethan Hawke adaptation. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.