DominO123 Posted August 28, 2006 Report Share Posted August 28, 2006 (edited) Is there a way to load soundfont to a realtek AC97 chip, a sort of software emulator? I don't want to have to buy a creative soundcard for my laptop, I am using Quicktime which can load soundfonts, but I also want to use other players and want my softwares to recognise them(soundfont) by default. Edited August 28, 2006 by QueBeceR Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted August 28, 2006 Report Share Posted August 28, 2006 Uhm... what's soundfont? I didn't know they made aural typefaces Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DominO123 Posted August 28, 2006 Author Report Share Posted August 28, 2006 Uhm... what's soundfont? I didn't know they made aural typefaces When you play a midi file, by default there is a sound library which is loaded by the soundcard to play it. Soundfont is a wave based standard, with a wide range of choices. I recently bought a soundfont piano (a Bösendorfer) library in soundfont format. The thing is that Sound Blaster soundcards will load it directly accessible from the control panel, Quicktime is one of the rarest player which will load it independently. But, the advantages of it being loaded throught the controlpanel is that you can choose it by default and it will be loaded regardless of the player or software you choose. So this was my question, on whatever or not there is a way of doing that even thought I don't have a soundblaster series soundcard and I don't want to buy one. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.