Maral Posted January 27, 2005 Report Share Posted January 27, 2005 Smile-Arms-Sentence Symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness can spell disaster. The stroke victim may suffer brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke. Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions: *Ask the individual to smile. *Ask him or her to raise both arms *Ask the person to speak a simple sentence. If he or she has trouble with any of these tasks, call 9-1-1 Immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher. After discovering that a group of non-medical volunteers could identify facial weakness, arm weakness and speech problems, researchers urged the general public to learn the three questions. They presented their conclusions at the American Stroke Association's annual meeting last February. Widespread use of this test could result in a prompt diagnosis and treatment of the stroke and prevent possible brain damage. Tell as many people as possible about this. It could save their lives! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ED Posted January 27, 2005 Report Share Posted January 27, 2005 Maral, es ush jamin espisi vaxenalu banner mi gri Tantig jan, warning ktam Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Anileve Posted January 27, 2005 Report Share Posted January 27, 2005 If he or she has trouble with any of these tasks, call 9-1-1 Immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher. style_images/master/snapback.png My mother's friend’s father suffers from Alzheimer’s. He dialed 911 to ask what number should he call in case of emergency. When his son and my mother returned a police car was waiting for them, they thought it was a practical joke. Little did the cop know that his father was dead serious. Another funny story...sorry off topic, but since I'm on it...The old man also alerted his son of his failing hearing. "I am losing my hearing, I can't seem to understand anything on TV." His son, naturally concerned suggested that they take a look, so the father leads him to his room where the TV is on. "You see, I can't understand anything, I've lost my hearing." His son looks at him in total disbelief and says "Pops, perhaps because it's in Spanish?" Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Maral Posted January 28, 2005 Author Report Share Posted January 28, 2005 Maral, es ush jamin espisi vaxenalu banner mi gri Tantig jan, warning ktam style_images/master/snapback.png WARNING????????? TO ME????????????????????? I DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Maral Posted January 28, 2005 Author Report Share Posted January 28, 2005 (edited) My mother's friend’s father suffers from Alzheimer’s. He dialed 911 to ask what number should he call in case of emergency. When his son and my mother returned a police car was waiting for them, they thought it was a practical joke. Little did the cop know that his father was dead serious. Another funny story...sorry off topic, but since I'm on it...The old man also alerted his son of his failing hearing. "I am losing my hearing, I can't seem to understand anything on TV." His son, naturally concerned suggested that they take a look, so the father leads him to his room where the TV is on. "You see, I can't understand anything, I've lost my hearing." His son looks at him in total disbelief and says "Pops, perhaps because it's in Spanish?" style_images/master/snapback.png so so soooo sad Edited January 28, 2005 by Maral Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.