Jump to content

Why Do We Make Each Other Angry?


nairi

Recommended Posts

I was particularly interested in Croats since I wonder what kind of a psyche it must have taken them to glorify a person such as Ante Pavelic and to commit genocide against the Serbs during WWII (and carry out ethnic cleansing in Krajina).

style_images/master/snapback.png

 

The same psyche that committed the Armenian genocide.

The Croats and Serbs are ethnic kin with little difference. Everyone is capable of committing these acts given the right circumstances. So there is no need for moral lecturing. The "ethnic cleansing" in the Krajina was very well justified given the expansionism and bloodlust of the Serbs in the 1990s. They learned their lesson in Kosovo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The same psyche that committed the Armenian genocide.

The Croats and Serbs are ethnic kin with little difference. Everyone is capable of committing these acts given the right circumstances. So there is no need for moral lecturing. The "ethnic cleansing" in the Krajina was very well justified given the expansionism and bloodlust of the Serbs in the 1990s. They learned their lesson in Kosovo.

style_images/master/snapback.png

 

Only a German, or someone who has been around Germans for too long, could come away with bullshit as outrageous as that. Where is the vomit emoticon since it seems that I'm using more angry emoticons that this board allows? :angry: :angry:

 

Oh hell, who am I kidding - it is just being predictably Armenian to deny all genocides except the Armenian one. Though Armenians, unlike Jews, are so afraid of being ignored in the "my genocide was worse than yours" competition that they will jump on any genocide bandwagon (from Rwanda to Sudan to inventions in Kosovo) in order that their own one is mentioned in passing. However, since the genocide that took place in Krajina is near the top of the list of never-to-be-mentioned attrocities from the 1990s (along with Chechnia) there is no bandwagon there for Armenians to jump upon.

:angry: :angry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But at least I'm not a hypocrite and put words into other people's mouths. No mention of the 250,000 Bosnians who were massacred by the Serbs. If this isn't genocide then I don't know what is. Concern for some ethnic groups but not for others is no concern at all. Just plain hypocrisy. There was a line in the movie "Life is Beautiful" which sums it up perfectly "Some people don't like Chinese and kangaroos, others Spaniards and horses." Take your pick. I wonder who started all of this? The Serbs were suffering under a Endzeitstimmung (these Germans seem to have a word for everything) not unlike the Ottomans and every minority was seen as a threat to their own existence, a country continually surrounded by enemies. We have heard all that before. Absolving them of their guilt is the greatest exemption they could get. All that was needed was a maverick politician to play on these fears. The Albanians of Kosovo were a tad bit luckier. The latter got a country all for nothing thanks to liberal sensitivities and frenzied media campaigns in the West. Power politics and selective amnesia go hand in hand regarding these issues. Unfortunately we live in a world where interests dictate morality. Chechnya is a case in point. The misfortune that befell the Serbs recently or in the past isn't going to whitewash the crimes that the Serb militia committed in Bosnia, Croatia and Slovenia. Nor is it an excuse for what happened to the Serbian civilians. The Germans may have recognized Croatia and Slovenia haphazardly or even with malicious intent. It's still not their responsibility if the Serbian leadership behaved the way they did. They became the victims of their own delusions.

The Armenian genocide isn't central to my life. Nor am I one of those who are ecstatic whenever they hear the Armenian genocide mentioned. I can't believe that I spent more time on this than looking at my Christmas messages. I have better things to do in the early morning hours (like going to sleep) than trying to appraise the value of one ethnic group over another and to measure up each tragedy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The same psyche that committed the Armenian genocide.

The Croats and Serbs are ethnic kin with little difference. Everyone is capable of committing these acts given the right circumstances. So there is no need for moral lecturing. The "ethnic cleansing" in the Krajina was very well justified given the expansionism and bloodlust of the Serbs in the 1990s. They learned their lesson in Kosovo.

style_images/master/snapback.png

I wasn't going to go into any moral lecturing. I've merely been wondering how it is possible for the outlook on life you mentioned to be compatible with the grim and Nazi-like legacy of the true "Butcher of the Balkans" and barbarism of the Ustashe, as I would have liked if there were hope that the sort of joie de vivre and all that could disclude the potential to commit atrocities, whatever the circumstances. Then again I must realise I'm wrong upon remembering what Hindu nationalists can do.

At any rate, there can be no "justifications" whatsoever for who does what where when and why, and the ethnic cleansing of the Krajina is undeserving of quotation marks. "Justifications" are merely propaganda - revisionism, denialism, the works. There can be no such thing as "who started it first?" and teaching people lessons - the schism between Serbs and Croats goes far back in time, with either one trying to convert members of the other to their denomination, several centuries before WWII. That doesn't mean it has to go on forever in a vicious circle.

I know what Serbs, Bosnians, Croats, and Albanians have done and do not have an interest in "absolving" anyone or anything. If anything, I find Serbian nationalism to be the most peculiar of them all - relying on legends and what-not. I merely asked about Croats because you had mentioned them. Now that was a situation where others needn't have been brought in as a knee-jerk reaction. I am curious about the people of that region and inquired about Croats only. Nothing more, nothing less.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But at least I'm not a hypocrite and put words into other people's mouths. No mention of the 250,000 Bosnians who were massacred by the Serbs. If this isn't genocide then I don't know what is. Concern for some ethnic groups but not for others is no concern at all. Just plain hypocrisy. There was a line in the movie "Life is Beautiful" which sums it up perfectly "Some people don't like Chinese and kangaroos, others Spaniards and horses." Take your pick. I wonder who started all of this? The Serbs were suffering under a Endzeitstimmung (these Germans seem to have a word for everything) not unlike the Ottomans and every minority was seen as a threat to their own existence, a country continually surrounded by enemies. We have heard all that before. Absolving them of their guilt is the greatest exemption they could get. All that was needed was a maverick politician to play on these fears. The Albanians of Kosovo were a tad bit luckier. The latter got a country all for nothing thanks to liberal sensitivities and frenzied media campaigns in the West. Power politics and selective amnesia go hand in hand regarding these issues. Unfortunately we live in a world where interests dictate morality. Chechnya is a case in point. The misfortune that befell the Serbs recently or in the past isn't going to whitewash the crimes that the Serb militia committed in Bosnia, Croatia and Slovenia. Nor is it an excuse for what happened to the Serbian civilians. The Germans may have recognized Croatia and Slovenia haphazardly or even with malicious intent. It's still not their responsibility if the Serbian leadership behaved the way they did. They became the victims of their own delusions.

The Armenian genocide isn't central to my life. Nor am I one of those who are ecstatic whenever they hear the Armenian genocide mentioned. I can't believe that I spent more time on this than looking at my Christmas messages. I have better things to do in the early morning hours (like going to sleep) than trying to appraise the value of one ethnic group over another and to measure up each tragedy.

style_images/master/snapback.png

 

Yes - all that was just like the sort of filth that oozes naturally from the skin of Germans. Do they have a word for that as well, in their words for everything language? Are they (like the Laps and their 100 words for snow) a race that has 100 different words for "lies"? You have swallowed their propaganda so completely that you even come away with statements of pure fantasy like "crimes that the Serb militia committed in Slovenia".

 

Guess which country after Armenia lost a greater percentage of its population in WW1 than any other. It was Serbia. And guess which country lost the largest percentage of its population in WW2. Again it was Serbia. They were twice a victim of genocide at the hands of the same German race and its allies. So it is quite understandable for Serbs in the 1990s to have thought they were facing yet another "endzeitstimmung / doomsday scenario", again as a result of German scheming. And they were entirely correct, as it turned out (though the scheming came mostly from America).

 

I suggest you refrain from using inverted commas as a way of denying attrocities that are historical facts - or will we soon see you writing about the "so called Armenian Genocide" and about the 2 million Azeris being massacred by Armenians.

Edited by Tiggyhonents
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tiggy, the discussion here started with "why we get angry with each other" and now you are accusing Armenians of their mention of Genocide. Who is the hypocrite here! Why don't you tell your f**** government to recognize this crime against humanity, instead of lecturing us when and how to mention this Western atrocity! And before objecting to the term Western let me remind you that your KIN armed, supported and trained the bloodthirsty turks, and if your f**** race was not behind the turks in 1878 there won't be any Armenian Genocide! The best you can do is to shut up your big Anglo-Saxon mouth and get lost once and for all!

 

And just remember that if someone drops a A bomb in London, I will open the most expensive bottle of champagne that I can get!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...