Iran01 Posted November 24, 2004 Report Share Posted November 24, 2004 I dont know if there is any interest to teach Armenian to non-Armenians at this forums. Anyway, I take the chance/risk, if you have time I have some proposals on how to do: 1. Choose a lyric of a known/famous Armenian ( preferably available in mp3 on the net) 2. Transliterate a verse or two each time into Latin ( not more ) 3. Translate each words separatly. Explain the structure and meaning. (The grammer, suffixes, verbs, tens,.... etc) I guess it would be like a play and fun, and if you do so by just a few verses each week! After a year you would be up in 100 verses, including 500 words! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted November 24, 2004 Report Share Posted November 24, 2004 Nice suggestion! Have you seen This Thread? I think perhaps we could put a team together and begin weekly lessons. Nairi? Arpa? Any other thoughts? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Iran01 Posted November 24, 2004 Author Report Share Posted November 24, 2004 Nice suggestion! Have you seen This Thread? I think perhaps we could put a team together and begin weekly lessons. Nairi? Arpa? Any other thoughts? style_images/master/snapback.png Oh, sorry, I thought "Eastern Armenian 101"-thread was about some radio station! Never clicked on it Yes, What I can recall, Nairi is good on grammer, Arpa is good at words, and I guess other people , Edward, Stormig, Shaunt .......... you name it, can definitly enrich the thread. Since many of them are interested in poetry, history etc. Actually I (personally) am not so much interested in Armenian alphabet itself in the beginning. Because otherwise it can get to much for non-Armenians to learn. ( Maybe we could learn one alphabet each week ! ) I guess the subject ( lyric) to be translated / transliterated is more important. I mean those who take part in the thread as teacher shall learn something they too They are giving and same time taking. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nairi Posted November 24, 2004 Report Share Posted November 24, 2004 More coming up. Sorry, haven't had much time, but I am working on lesson 3 (present and past simple and continuous). Iran01, I was considering splitting the alphabet in bits and going through it lesson by lesson (as some books do), but I thought it might be easier to have the whole thing in one go. As new words come up, you can refer back to the alphabet and hopefully learn it eventually. Or just sit down one afternoon and drill it! As for the poems (and prose), I was sort of planning that in much later lessons. I was thinking, let's get the basics first, the first sentences etc., some vocab, and the rest will come by itself. Ignore everything on that thread between lesson 1 and 2 for the time being. I'm sure we'll get back to that in more advanced lessons. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Iran01 Posted November 25, 2004 Author Report Share Posted November 25, 2004 Okey Thank you Nairi Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.