DominO123 Posted November 10, 2004 Report Share Posted November 10, 2004 When on supermacro mode, on 2cm distance, I get a lot of fish-eye type of lens distortion. I was wondering if anyone know of a plugin for photoshop that will correct that? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted November 11, 2004 Report Share Posted November 11, 2004 That's a property of 'macro' type lenses - unless you decide to pay thousands $$$ for a professional quality maco lens for your SLR your guaranteed to have some spherical abberation. That's probably accentuated as your camera is a compact point/shoot digital model, it's probably very light-weight (but maybe the lens is even plastic - I'm not sure) . Anyway - it's to be expected. As far as plug-ins and filters for Photoshop go, I don't use them very often... maybe KAI's power tools might have something (if it still exists - I think Corel bought that suite) Also you may want to ask these guys. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DominO123 Posted November 11, 2004 Author Report Share Posted November 11, 2004 That's a property of 'macro' type lenses - unless you decide to pay thousands $$$ for a professional quality maco lens for your SLR your guaranteed to have some spherical abberation. That's probably accentuated as your camera is a compact point/shoot digital model, it's probably very light-weight (but maybe the lens is even plastic - I'm not sure) . Anyway - it's to be expected. As far as plug-ins and filters for Photoshop go, I don't use them very often... maybe KAI's power tools might have something (if it still exists - I think Corel bought that suite) Also you may want to ask these guys. style_images/master/snapback.png Thanks Vava, paintshop has one fish eye correction(the type of aberation) that works perfectly, but does not correct the contrast bluring distortion around the center. Oh, and hell no, my lens are not in plastic, they are genuine SMC Pentax lens. Thanks for the link, I will do just that. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
vava Posted November 11, 2004 Report Share Posted November 11, 2004 Oh, and hell no, my lens are not in plastic style_images/master/snapback.png Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest abcdefghijkl Posted November 12, 2004 Report Share Posted November 12, 2004 When on supermacro mode, on 2cm distance, I get a lot of fish-eye type of lens distortion. I was wondering if anyone know of a plugin for photoshop that will correct that? style_images/master/snapback.png No such filter exists outside of the plot from a Hollywood movie (and even then it would only works on blurry distorted pictures of Kevin Costner ). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.