Hyeflyer
Members-
Posts
129 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Everything posted by Hyeflyer
-
What everyone seems to forget is Jesus taught faith NOT religion.The epostiles turned it into religiondogma!
-
No I do not think it is possible.When I was younger and got caught up in a triangle the woman I was in the relationship with told me I looked like the dog that peed on the rug.I guess I dont have a set of lying eyes.
-
I think I have read your jokes on a another board?Do you have a agent yet? They are still good jokes.
-
It was a great morning! Worked in the green houses for 3 hours and went and sat and watched my turky.He didnt evan care I was there,he strutted and fanned his tail.I sat for 15 minutes and watched him.He was more interested in mating then me.Then a male phesant came into the compost area and started his call and the turky left.I went and looked where the turky's came from and from the droppings I know there are 4 toms in the flock.Wow what would I see if I had a trail cam?
-
Before that can happen the Revelation will have to be fullfilled.Worry when they say peace at last.
-
ISRAEL OFFENDED BY TURKEY READY TO RECOGNIZE ARMENIAN GENOCI
Hyeflyer replied to MosJan's topic in International
The blindness and ignorance of btoh Turkey and Isreal offend me! -
MosJanI was going to keep ? on this topic .I wanted to see if there were any other Armenian trades men.Well there doesnt seem to be.The house can be framed as any other house EXCEPT.You have to double the framing where the panels will sit on the roof all the way to the foundation.Rafters wall studs floor joists.I have built quite a few houses that have solar water heat and also electric.You wil the house just like any other only you used the solar components.
-
MosJanThere is a home I see in Wisconsin on the way to the U.P. of Michigan that is solar and wind generator powered.I stop at a resturant about 10 miles from it.They have a news paper article on the wall about that home.The thing I found interesting is the home owners sell the extra power they generate to the local power company.It must be nice to get a check from them instead of giving them a check.
-
Hense her famous song ,Half Breed.Isnt it strange Armenians dont believe we are capable of such things as abandoning our children.And we are taught we are the perfect people.
-
MosJanThe reasonI dont use the cams is one of my buisness ventures is in aggriculture and I am on the property 3 to 5 days a week.I know the land I hunt like my hand.I see the changes from day to day season to season.It is not a matter of knowing your quary as much as knowing their habbits and where they live.I do not have a special Turkey shotgun or fancy camaflage clothes.I only use what I have and my whits.It mwas a sad birthday party last night for my friend with the hunting hounds.He turned 68 and said his days of chasing the dogs was done after our boar hunt this spring.He was also my fathers hunting companion and I am proud to be going on his last real hunt with him.We will now chase rabbit and phesant together and take the light cover.It is hard to watch a strong man admit he is to old for the hard chase and kill.I will miss him and remember the hunts I shared with him and my father.Now I am having to teach a young one to track the feilds with me and some day he will know my saddness I have now.It is strange how it is passed from the one generation to the next and the silent sorrow you bare when your companion on the hunt retires.
-
MosJanA freind of mine gave me a box of hunting magazines that he found in a house he just bought.They are all from the mid 60's all the way up to 75.Anyway in one of them is a article about hunting wild rams in north Iran.These rams should also be found in Armenia?Is there any hunting in Armenia and if so do you know what can be hunted.The article also told about stag that resemble American elk.The photo of the rams was somthing to see.They are a beutiful chocolate brwn with honey gold face masks.The horns are a bit differant then the American big horn rams,thicker and heavier with a little less curl.
-
HasmiekYour love for all things natural is admiral, as you live in a high rise. I know you have a window to have a plant in. We Armenians came from the land and in some small way should hold on to that evan if it is only growing house plants very well. The land IS our roots very much like the native Americans. It seemes how much is forgotten in two generations.
-
AS it stand now Armenia now imports 70% of its food as I see from the stats I have been reading.It also is a problem that for the past 3 generations many left the farm to live and work in the city.That happened under Soviet rule.Isnt it strange the soil was not that rocky and unarible 80 to 100 years ago.Or can it be it is easier to buy it then grow it.
-
NO never used trail cams ,god gave me two good eyes.I never trust technolagy to do what I was born to do.About your friends kid ,maybe your friend should teach him that hunting is not game but a serious thing.I never saw hunting as a game but a very serious conection to my past.A life is a life. As it says in the bible God will evan know about the fallen sparrow.I take hunting VERY serious. Maybe that is why after my father has passed I hunt alone.Now I teach my son the gravity of taking life and having to live with your choices.
-
I ma not much of a wine drinker.I dont like sulfites in the wines.So I make my own in about 3 to 5 gallons a year.I have 2 zinfendel vines.My question is whate comercial wine is the best for cooking in you experts opinions. As i sad I only drink what I make and am looking for a decent white for cooking
-
HasmiekIt is indeed a worthwhile cause trying to better the planet.But the goal should be to preserve to arrible land we have instead of expanding on to it.Also do you garden and if so is it done organicaly?I do and have done so all my lif as did my granfather and father did. I learned by working with them and pass it on to my son.Do you preserve the food you grow? I do and my tershi is to kil for as my friends say.To be a vegaterian is a matter of choice and if you are healthy that is all that matters.But continue to try and make this a better world.One world is got to be big enough for all of us as at this time there is no place else to go.
-
MosJan You brought up the young boy shooting every thing moving.This is some thing that hard core hunters like myself dont approve of,but none the less it happens.What is laking is the father teacing the boy reverance for life and that will cause the boy problems down the line.I was taught a very strong code of ethics that go along with being a hunter and a particapent in life not a spectator.My son shot a starling blackbird with a pellet gun and did a rather poor job of it.I look it him and asked in a very angry tone,did you intend to eat that bird.He said no and I ripped in to him and made him dispatch the bird clean it and cook it and eat Every shred of it.To say the lest he no longer shoots any thing he wont eat.Alos i made him REALLY LOOK at the suffering he had cause the bird by his poor shooting abillity.At that point I new if he would be a hunter or not.He has learned a reverance for a life no matter how small.It is called ethics and we all as hunter need to share common ethics.
-
To critisize Anyone for what they do or do not eat is totally ridiculas.I find it strage that most people arnt civilized enough to appreciate having someone to dine with.But then everyone seems to know what is best for someone else,when they dont really know what is best for theirselves.
-
One of the things we do in the off season to keep our eye in shape is to shoot .22 rimfires.Mine is a match to my centerfire.300 so that I do not have to get reaccustomed to the center fire.We shoot at a aspirin at 100 yards.It is not a easy thing to do.The wind drift is hell on a .22 at 100 yards.If you can hit 5 out of 10 shots you are on the ball.In a scope a aspirin looks about half its real size so you are shooting at a mark that is roughly 1/8 inch around.I am teaching my 10 year old to hunt to.He shot his first rabbit with a bow this past season and he is hooked on hunting also.The reality of taking a life eaven though it was only a rabbit sobered him up and he has a differant look at life now.It took the little boy out of him and has given him a new sence of responsibility.
-
Mos JanThe map quest did not decode but thats ok.I njust got my permit for spring Turkey season and have my place set up already.I mostly hunt private land so I am not in competition with other hunters.I also hunt some national forest lands.The mild winter has left the Turkey population in very good shape.I saw a flock of 23 when I was scouting the farm.There was a tom in the bunch that had a 12 to 14 inch beard in there with them.He has my name on him already.:)Well the season for hunting raccoons with hound came to a end but it was a good season.My partner and I bagged 41 in 12 hunts.The fur buyer gives us $20 each for them unskined.It buys the dog food for my parteners two Walker hounds.We will be taking the dogs to se Tennesee to hunt boar in may.I use a Ruger super black hawk in 454 casul for boar.Yes it is a hand cannon but when you have to jump in the fracas and take a shot at 10 or so feet you want that boar to fall like it was hit by lightening.I have been reloading for about 20 years now.I am loading Seiara 168 grn open point intl. match bullets in my .300 win and the 12 grians less than the standerd 180 grn puts the .300 win in the velocity range of the .300 wetherby.Two years ago in Wy. in shot my prong horn at a measured 421 yards andf he fell to the shot.I also hunt wood chucks to keep my eye in shape in the off season and the farmers are glad to be rid of the little pests.we also have a lot of coyote hunting here and I find that a challange to call them in.We cant use electronic callers in my state and can only use mouth calls .Ill ask agian does anyone fish besides hunt?
-
I guess if you want to call me and others that hunt and eat meat sikos ,creeps and such it is your perogitive to do so.It is simply a matter of personal choice.ANYTHING is good only in moderation.It doesnt matter if it is meat ,vegtables or dairy.It is called aa BALANCED diet.In the late 70's or very early 80's Cornell U did a study where the hooked up two tomatoe plants to lie detectors.They had one person walk in the room and smash and destroy one plant.Well to make it short and to the point,they had many people walk in yhe room and the equipmeny woul read flat line.When the one that smashed the plant walked in the room the lie detector went off the screen.So it seems from this study plants also have some type of feelings.I can hear my salad scream before I eat it.
-
Mos JanI have allways liked the .30 cal bullet and also I am a big fan of the .25 cal bullets but my .300 win mag does all that I need and more out to 600 yards.Try a Mcmillon carbon stock for the Wetherby rifles,the claro walnut is kiln dried and the gloss epoxy finish is going to make it end checkcrack.Our you can go to Browns precision and get a very good American walnut stock.Start reloading and cut your amo coast 55%.
-
What is the favorite hunting rifle for us hunters? Mine is a rebarreled Remington #700 in .300 winchester with the barrel being 7/8 in. od.. The barrel work was done by McMillon about 10 years ago and it still shoot straiter then I can hold it steady.I also built my own .50 hawken muzzle loader rifle and have killed 2 white tails out at around 150 yards with it.
-
You cant grill it if you dont kill it. Some of the best shishkabab was made from elk and deer:)Served up with a salad and pilaf it cant be beat.:)I also eat the fish I catch.I love vegan because it leaves more meat for me and they can have half of my pilaf in return for their meat.
-
My favorite past time,HUNTING! It doesnt matter weather I use a rifle, pistole or bow.It is the challange of the stalk and the thrill of the kill.In the central U.S. we have some of the best hunting.My deer I shot this fall was a 11 point killed a 30 yards with my compound bow.It was my first bow kill and it was a thrill and a great memory.I did not know of any other Armenians that hunt till now.Does anyone fish also.
