Jump to content

Eloren

Members
  • Posts

    142
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Eloren

  1. If we want to consider ourselves as a proud and good people, we should first stop being racist.. I personnaly prefer to marry an armenian women, we understand each other, we have the same culture etc.. BUT, love cannot be commanded. If you find a woman and feel that she IS the woman of your life, it is the worst torture to forbid yourself to love her, even if she is not armenian. Best is to look for women in armenian communities, that way you have less chance to meet a foreign woman of your dreams
  2. Nope i don't agree. Everyone is different in this world and measuring yourself with someone else is like running after the moon There are moral ethics, rules in society, judge yourself with that if you really need to do it. How can we judge others if it is so difficult to judge ourselves?
  3. Ok so it's with great relief that i learned the referendum was a "success". Armenians are ready for changes it seems. This constitution could be a good step towards democracy. However, there was a lot of fraud during the elections and we don't really know the true results. What bothers me most is the reaction of the opposition that is calling for a "revolution".. Yesterday's rally was quite peaceful but where is it going to lead? The problem is, like it was for the french referendum lately... The opposition is not focusing on the future of Armenia, nore on the Constitution. It's more a political war with the president. They are not saying no to the constitution, but they are saying no to the President.. Politicians should focus more on the Nation. The referendum is not about "Do you like the president?", it's about "Do you care about the future of your nation?".
  4. Eloren

    Wine

    Anileve, you wanted some good combinations? Actually it depends on what kind of cheese you serve, there are so many types.. If you choose "hard" cheese (Cheddar, Gouda, Provolone...), a good strong red wine would be perfect, like a good Bordeaux, a Medoc, Xeres or Porto.. A cheese like Parmesan would go nice with a dry white wine from Alsace. If it's a "soft" (sorry don't know how to say it in english..) cheese like gruyere, Cantonnier etc.. you should more probably choose a light dry white wine or a light little "rosee" or any wine not too strong like Beaujolais, Sauvignon, Chablis... If it's a little creamy cheese like Brie, or Camembert.. The best is a "fruity" wine like a Bordeaux, a Chateauneuf. The more the cheese tastes "strong", the stronger the wine should be.
  5. Eloren

    Wine

    @Gamavor / vava: I am planning to go second half of June most probably. Everyone is welcome Actually, I am not only going for a visit this time, I'd like to find some good spots and meet some people as I intend to go back beginning of Fall to settle down over there. About the Beaujolais, sorry i got mixed up, Yeah the Beaujolais nouveau is usually in November (stupid dates). And yes the Beaujolais is a "low brand" in France, a purely commercial wine sold mostly outside of France. Every year it has a slightly different taste of fruit but it is certainly not among the best wines. At least it's very cheap @Anileve: I am french, so of course I am into french food You are right when you say French cuisine is a form of Art. There are so many dishes with names so long it opens your appetite while reading it. And most french always have a bottle of wine during their meals (no no not breakfast). French cheese, i suppose you know, is considered as dessert in France. They eat it after lunch and before fruits Having a "plateau" of cheese with a good bottle of wine that goes with it is simply marvelous! Well also the best thing is to have a good "Vin blanc moelleux" (sweet white wine) with some goood Foie gras as an apetizer. Ok now thank you guys.. I am at work and i am hungry!
  6. How can we fight for a commom cause against the "ennemy" if we do not know how to respect each other. Let's keep this talk civilised @Anahid: Giving an opinion that does not follow yours is not an attack against you. We are here to discuss and share.
  7. Eloren

    Wine

    ohh wine!~ I lived 7 years in France and I really enjoyed all the wines from the most expensive to the cheapest "vin de table".. Let's not forget the "Beaujolais Nouveau" that we celebrate every year in October... Personally I prefer white wine, especially the "moelleux" (sweet white wine) type. When i go home i'll post the name of the bottle i enjoyed a lot last month. Also had the chance to taste the world's most expensive wine: Eiswein (Ice Wine) @Vava, You wish to go to Armenia? Care to join us this summer for a trip? I'm going there with my brother and 3 other friends (2 french, one armenian).. Au programme: Visiting the most known places of course, but also trekking, canyoning, camping, climbing etc... Enjoying Armenia's beauty. Everyone is invited, the more we are, the more fun we'll have
  8. Even better.. Don't judge people at all. Judge yourself and let live. his post
  9. Eloren

    Buddha

    Why whatever!!! The Earth was FLAT !... *hides with shame*
  10. Eloren

    Buddha

    I have read the Bible, and i once lived the life YOU lived also (but how do you know the life i live?) But now, i have faith still but i refuse to follow what the clergy says, what the Bible dictates.. I have free will and live as i please, in sin or not. That is my choice and maybe i will get judged at the end... About the Bible being most reas and 83% of believers.. well.. Millions used also to believe that the Earth was FLAT .. Millions used to believe that we came directly from Adam and Eve (what about prehistoric men?). Finally, i know i am not better than anyone. No one is.. But unfortunately, some people with "too much" faith believe they are better than someone who does not believe. And you cannot deny that
  11. As a Good christian, you should respect other people's belief (or non-belief) and not treat them or talk to them in a superior tone as if you have THE knowledge.. Don't make judgments on others. Respect is the key word
  12. Eloren

    Buddha

    @Sasun: So if we follow your definition of a true christian.. It doesn't exist does it? @Sseb: How is it possible to laugh at people because they believe in the Big Bang and at the same time dare say : I believe God created men and we were thrown out of Heaven because of Eve's sin... You believe Jesus walked on water, that Jesus made miracles and raised people from the dead (you've seen it?) but you don't believe that the Universe was created by what we call the Big Bang, you don't believe i suppose in the existence of life on other planets. You believe in the writings of a book but you don't believe in Science? How weird. Also how come many great scientists were christians and believed in God? What is YOUR purpose? Why are you here on earth? To blindly follow something just to go to Heaven or Hell? I ask all of you good christians out there.. Is it possible to have faith and believe in God without having to follow blindly everything written in the Bible, without living in the fear of God and Hell? And be considered as a "good" person? If not, then i am happy to be an Alien I have nothing to envy to the Good perfect christian. In fact I could even consider myself better, because at least I am OPEN minded.
  13. Eloren

    Buddha

    What does it say? Sorry can't read, my provider blocks/censors the site
  14. Love is not looking at each other. Love is looking together at the same direction.
  15. Eloren

    Buddha

    There is no spoon
  16. Eloren

    Et Tu Brute?

    Yep, The problem is that armenians spend there time weeping, crying... Pity Does not work anymore, We should be firm, agressive and stop crying.
  17. Eloren

    Buddha

    Well, at the same time he was describing only the Head of the Catholic church... The Pope So if The Pope does this..
  18. Eloren

    Et Tu Brute?

    Yep, nothing to do with History... Turkey is economically and strategicaly more interesting than Armenia for those guys.. so of course they'll try to please them...
  19. Yeah, I'd rather spend my money and dedicate my life helping my own people than working for those stupid dumb arabs in the Gulf Even if that means losing a comfortable life, a good salary and hot weather the whole year
  20. Hi all, In less than a week, Armenians will have to vote for the new contitution text. I haven't read everything in it, but overall, in my opinion, I find it a good thing. A good change that could help Armenia a little. What do you think? Do you think many armenians are interested and are going to vote? Do you think it is going to be accepted? Do you think it will bring good changes to the RoA?
  21. You said it! The Government Because the Gov. sucks doesn't automatically mean the population sucks. If it was the case, I would never talk to any american for example. Most times the government does not speak what the population wants. Look in Europe also, most europeans want Turkey out of EU. But most Governments are OK with them joining This is what i meant. Support them. That is how we will succeed. And yes I would like armenians to go back to Armenia. I have decided to do it next summer (It might seem crazy, i have a very comfortable life here..) and hope many will join. It's useless to struggle for a country that is being deserted slowly.. Good night to you (I'm at work .. )
  22. Oh I'm sorry I didn't understand well i guess, my apologies But I don't think really anyone is "attacking" another. We are all giving our point of view. Mine is not better than others, but it's mine. I know this conversation is highly "inflamable" but let's try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible About the subject, I didn't really mean you are going to kill turks lol, it was just an "image". But i meant that violence never brings peace. Now give me the solution you think would be best, in your opinion. Yes maybe a lot of turks are inhuman. But not everyone. The only struggle that would succeed is a peaceful and clever struggle. Isolate Turkey against the rest of the world. Bring the proofs on the table in front of everyone and never forget. That's how we are going to win. And it is not a dream
  23. Here's my point of view: Those Young Turks during WWI were complete animals.. OK, I agree with that. But those people are long gone now. Today's average Turk is a brainwashed man. He cannot really know the truth because of that stupid government hiding it. I do not hate turks, I hate the turkish government, the dumb historians and the deniers that know the real truth and hide it. I am sure if you cut the head of the Gov., turks will slowly begin to realize their mistake. @Anahid: What is your homework? Mine is to never forget and struggle for the recognition of the AG. To struggle to get our land back and to open the borders. The ideal thing would be to end this struggle peacefully. No more blood. The ideal thing would be the Turkish population cutting of the head of it's own government. Is your homework killing all turks? It would not bring our dead back, It would not give them "peace", instead, we would have a lot more innocent dead people I'm sure a lot of turks would recognize the Genocide, but what do you expect if just talking about it takes you to Jail (do not collect 200$)? No one would dare talk about it. Treating them like animals won't make us humans. I assure you, if you convince the whole world about the AG, Turkey would fall on it's knees alone begging for forgivness. And that would be our greatest victory. Winning without killing like they did. Just my two cents.
  24. I half agree. There may be some good politicians in the government of Armenia, but let's be honest. Most politicians in the world care more about there fortune than the starving people. It's the same in every country i lived and know. Not long ago we had a good example with our beloved Ter-Petrossian. And Armenia's government is a highly corrupted gov. So I hope things will change. But I also agree that a country that denies it's own past crimes is still considered as a criminal. It's all about politics again, Turks don't want to give land.. But we will take them sooner or later. A crime is never left unpunished.
×
×
  • Create New...