Jump to content

Windows Explorer Reinitialization...


DominO123

Recommended Posts

... I have found the software I will be used to have RAID-1 type backup(in real time), and it even support ftp backup mirrors(The program is PeerSync Server...) etc...

 

But there is a problem still... Since I want it to be bullet proof... I don't want the program to shut down in ANY circonstances...

 

In my current test system, I have done everything to make it as much unstable as possible to test it... and see if the software will always work...

 

So finally, I have seen that when there is a major windows error the explorer is "reinitialised"(I don't know if that's the right word to use), when that happen windows reload some of the programs that have to work on the background(those for instance that are in the right bottom area)... but it isn't reloading the backup software. What I want to do, is to have some sort of job or something that will force to launch the program each time explorer is reinitialised. Is that possible???

Edited by Fadix
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm... is there a way to make the program execute entirly independently from the Explorer? BTW! Is the Shell of Windows XP independent from Windows Explorer?

 

If there was a way to make run the program independently of explorer... would it not run everytime Windows works regardless of if yes or not explorer has been reinitianlised due to errors if it do run independently? :huh:

 

Oh and, if in fact Explorer and the shell of Windows are dependent, is there possibly a hack or something to make them independent, so that when Explorer Freeze and then reboot, important programs in the background will still run with the shell without being affected?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All jokes aside Fadiushka, you can add the executable to the registry(warning, prior to any mods to the registry please make sure to back it up.)

 

If you go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

 

you will see all the apps that run in the background when "explorer" restarts. should be able to add it there and it would rerun each time explorer starts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually there is, but I cant remember. You can set delays for certain apps, like to start 3, 4,10 seconds later, but off the top of my head I cant remember. let me do some research tonight for you from home. I am still at work.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...