DominO123 Posted August 3, 2004 Report Share Posted August 3, 2004 ... I know that supposedly ATA cables both sides are the same... you can connect one end to the motherboard and the othersides end to the HD... But what about ATA66/100/133 cables with 80 pins? The problem I have is that when I put the master connector to HD, the ATA cable is not too long for me to be able to connect the slave connector... the distance between the two drives are too big. But I thought that if I switch the two ends it'll work. What I mean is that if I use the connector that is supposed to go on the motherboard as master, I can use the slave connector for the second drive, because the distance between moderboard connector and Slave connector is bigger than the distance between master connector and slave connector. I am pretty sure it'll work, but I still take no chance, after that I had my HD fails months ago, I have a kind of obsessive compulsive disorder on everything that concerns HD. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted August 3, 2004 Report Share Posted August 3, 2004 Yes ... those ribbon cables are straight through. Just don't flip the left to right side on any of the drives/mb and it should work. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Maral Posted August 3, 2004 Report Share Posted August 3, 2004 I suggest you have a cold glass of beer and have someone else figure it out send the bill to me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted August 3, 2004 Report Share Posted August 3, 2004 I hope you were talking to me! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DominO123 Posted August 4, 2004 Author Report Share Posted August 4, 2004 I hope you were talking to me! Of course, since I don't drink any substances containing over 2% of ethyl-Alcohol. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stormig Posted August 4, 2004 Report Share Posted August 4, 2004 Of course, since I don't drink any substances containing over 2% of ethyl-Alcohol. And what would that (beverage of 4 proof) be? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sip Posted August 4, 2004 Report Share Posted August 4, 2004 mouthwash Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stormig Posted August 4, 2004 Report Share Posted August 4, 2004 LMAO! But even then it says on the instructions to call the local poison centre for help if you swallow. What must we be doing to ourselves? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.