Jump to content

Where Are All The Architects Of Armenia?


koko

Recommended Posts

What is happening to yerevan, they are building ugly casinos and resturants without any consideration of the specific location, and of the curandoings.

Where are the architects of armenia, do they have anything to say about this??? I assume they don't ask them before building privete stores etc.

 

I see ugly modern stores that are opened next to a apartment house, and it really collides with the architecture of yerevan!

 

It's a disgrace! :wallbash:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People get the environment they deserve. Just as a person's face reveals his or her personality, a city's design reveals the values of its population, and changes to that design reveal changes in those values.

I just hate this kind of thinking!!!Just pure garbage.So in your opinion poor Armenians majority that is has a capability to change the envirnment?Yes in your book worm mind but not in real world! In the real world money talks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your words prove me right. An appreciation of beauty and good taste and what is right and what is wrong does not require money. But in Yerevan it seems that it is ONLY money that matters now. In the past, as now, the ordinary people were powerless - but in the past at least some of those with power cared for more substantial things than just filling their already fat wallets.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

:ph34r: It is not up to the people of the city to decide how the city should look, but first of all , wich I think we all agree on, its up to the architets.

 

And yes its the rich who gets away with whatever they want

 

but i didnt hear any complaining in yerevan about all the ugly buildings. I was there maybe two years ago, and there were plenty of them.

 

Before that visit, Armenia was heaven (to me), but now it's quite the opposite

Edited by koko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People get the environment they deserve. Just as a person's face reveals his or her personality, a city's design reveals the values of its population, and changes to that design reveal changes in those values.

It's painful to accept the truth but you' re totaly right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your words prove me right. An appreciation of beauty and good taste and what is right and what is wrong does not require money. But in Yerevan it seems that it is ONLY money that matters now.

Your words made me remember those wise words once someone said

 

Things are not what they are, but what they appier to be.

 

 

And that’s not only thing (money) people are after NOW days, you must of had a hypocrite stand when you visited. However lack of money is a root of all evil.

And Armat I just can’t understand one thing, well I do but I refuse to go along with same logic as some people do. In 13 years of independence aren’t we asking too much from the country? And what is the "input" if any, of those same people who have such a rubbish view of fellow Armenians or Armenia.

 

One thing it seems clear, well at list to me, that is we as a nation have a loooong way to go and far more important issues to solve, rather then worry about giving the capital a face lift.

 

Steve, you want to appreciate beauty? Go to Rome or Paris, or wait when Yerevan is more suitable for your aristocratic eyes. <_<

Edited by Edward
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well yeah money is all that matters.

 

but its not a question of beeing nice to the people of Yerevan!!!!!

We are armenians and as an armenian I am against that people with discraceful taste are allowed to build buissneses that ruin the architectural enviroment in armenia.

Edited by koko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well yeah money is all that matters.

 

but its not a question of beeing nice to the people of Yerevan!!!!!

We are armenians and as an armenian I am against that people with discraceful taste are allowed to build buissneses that ruin the architectural enviroment in armenia.

Koko jan in the end bad tastless business is better then no business.It at least creates some jobs.I have been enough without job to really appreciate being able to feed my family

Don't worry I am working on new improved Yerevan plan ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing it seems clear, well at list to me, that is we as a nation have a loooong way to go and far more important issues to solve, rather then worry about giving the capital a face lift.

 

Steve, you want to appreciate beauty? Go to Rome or Paris, or wait when Yerevan is more suitable for your aristocratic eyes. <_<

You're right in saying that Armenia has a long way to go. And we do have a lot of issues to solve. But we shouldn't ignore the decline of good taste in the public. It's not only about Yerevan needing a face lift. It's not only about the architecture. It's also about the arts, music, literature - our whole culture. For if people in general appreciate the difference between good art/music/architecture etc. they will also somehow be able to influence those rich businessmen and their clients.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is happening to yerevan, they are building ugly casinos and resturants without any consideration of the specific location, and of the curandoings.

Where are the architects of armenia, do they have anything to say about this??? I assume they don't ask them before building privete stores etc.

 

I see ugly modern stores that are opened next to a apartment house, and it really collides with the architecture of yerevan!

 

It's a disgrace!        :wallbash:

For Koko.

 

I think you are calling for wrong people (architects). You are asolutely right, architects should plan the cities, they are specialists. However, the goverment should back them up, instead being corrupted and let very small group of people do, whatever they want.

Edited by grig75
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look at the Yerevan traffic! No signs, no lights....they drive by intuition!

 

http://www.armenianow.com/2003/november14/news/capital/003.jpg

 

http://www.armenianow.com/2003/november14/news/capital/002.jpg

 

Armenia is taking the first steps in formation of a car market conditioned by customer demands. Imports are brought in both by individuals and dealers.

 

Mercedes, BMW, Skoda and Peugeot as well as several Russian models are officially presented in Armenia. Soon Audi and Volkswagen will join that list.

 

http://www.armenianow.com/2003/november14/news/capital/004.jpg

 

 

Daa, polojenie huje gubernatorskogo!

 

http://www.armenianow.com/2003/november14/news/capital/

Edited by gamavor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For Koko.

 

I think you are calling for wrong people (architects). You are asolutely right, architects should plan the cities, they are specialists. However, the goverment should back them up, instead being corrupted and let very small group of people do, whatever they want.

that is exacly what I meant. <_< Read my more recent posts.

 

:rolleyes: Yeah, the goverment of armenia is corrupt u got that right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I live far from Armenia. So why people in Armeniia, knowing that, don't make any movements to stop it. Look at Georgia (I know that theme what discussed), I just bringing the example. I am pretty sure that there are people in Armeniia who are smart, brave and politically educated. Can you explain it to me, please?

P.S. And picture that presents you is absolutely beautiful.

Edited by grig75
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alexander Tamanyan used lot of sombolizm while constructing Yerevan's Republic Square. There are seven streets connecting the square with surrounding infrastratructure, which represent the Macrocosm and five buildings standing on the square, which represent Microcosm. Besides that the builings themselves represent the nature of human being: National Gallery (Culture), MFA and Government (Politics), Hotel Armenia and the Post Center (Economy). There are 7 Big Arcs, 36 Small Arcs (Armenian Alphabet), 40 Small Columns. The Fountain is the Tsovasar from Sasuntsi Davit and the place where Lenin statue once stood is Maroota Vanq.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thing the construction of North Avenue is not a bad idea, but it was planned vry poorly. Let me guess, by Armenian narrow minded goverment. They thought they will be able to shut people mouths with a little bit money, which you can't even use to buy a one room in the center (as I understood). It should be planned very well and then implemented. That is why that goverment is so inefficient.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look at the Yerevan traffic! No signs, no lights....they drive by intuition!

 

Pretty funny (sad), while I was in Yerevan one particular set of traffic lights (at a major intersection) on the way from Plani Glukh to Kanaker/Nork almost always had ALL (red, green and yellow) colours ON at the same time. :lol: - I think that about sums up the state of motoring traffic in Armenia. Its a good thing the roads are in a shocking state, I suspect there would a heavy road toll had they not been.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...