sev-mard Posted October 2, 2003 Report Share Posted October 2, 2003 Barev dzez haykakan, I'm trying to learn Hayaren and eventually speak, read and write at a high level. I've recently started,but with Spanish, and fluent Japanese under my belt I have an affinity and ability to learn languages I think. Hayaren is very challenging, interesting and beautiful, I must admit that the gh's and kh's are very hard for me to pronounce now, but i'm working on it. I was wondering if any of you could recommend a good dictionary for my studies. I need one in the Eastern Dialect, as those close to me are mostly Barksahyes. Appreciate a link, or a good store where I could find such a book. Thanks in advance. sh'norhakal emmerci(which ever makes you feel better... ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TimeForChange Posted October 3, 2003 Report Share Posted October 3, 2003 Here you go: www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0781801508?v=glance It's an Eastern Armenian/English dictionnary by Hippocrene. They print a good number of books about Armenian. I encourage you 100% in your crusade. It looks like you're not Armenian but want to learn the language. People like you should be applauded. I won't be able to help you with Eastern Armenian (I've actually been forgetting my Western Armenian during the past few years, so I better look into that before learning Eastern, which is apparently very similar, or else I might start mixing the two), but I'm sure that if you have any questions, other Armenians will be more than happy to help. As for the ''kh'', it's pronounced a lot like the ''j'' in Spanish (as in ''juego'' or ''Jose'') Good luck (though determination will probably get you there, not luck) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sev-mard Posted October 7, 2003 Author Report Share Posted October 7, 2003 TimeforChange, Thanks for the link and your words, I'm pretty determined to succeed. Peace Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Twilight Bark Posted October 7, 2003 Report Share Posted October 7, 2003 http://www.narek.com Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sev-mard Posted October 7, 2003 Author Report Share Posted October 7, 2003 Merci...i'm checking it out now... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.