Jump to content

Montreals bomb comming tomorow.


Guest Fadi

Recommended Posts

Guest Fadi

Azat... with the prize it'll cost, I better sell my computer to have one... but the problem is that if I sell it, there will be no computer where I can put that card on.

 

The reason why I posted this, is that a compagny from Montreal will kick Nvidia's ass. I am not a gamer, I do not see any reason to pay 800 dollars for such cards(I suppose this will be the prize) 512 Bits, while the Xbox is 128 Bits.

 

Take a look at all the things it comes with it... don't tell me it dosnt impress you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That IS quite interesting ... I hadn't heard of it before so I thought it was about time for me to catch up a bit

 

Unfortunately, I just don't see that chip being able to compete with Nvidia's stuff From what I read, it has some impressive features and it is going to be VERY fast. But it is also going to be very expensive ... which means, it is not going to be any factor in the normal gaming market. Which would further mean that developers will NOT spend extra money and effort to make their stuff compatible with (or tuned to) that chip ...

 

But as far as 2D, I think Matrox has done it again! I always loved their dual-head cards and now this one looks like it may be a tripple-head!!! I don't think the normal gamer will spend the money for 3 monitors just for games ... but I can imagine a lot of pros starting to use that card.

 

It's still too early to tell but don't sell your Nvidia stock just yet!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh and a few other things ... it is funny that they are still wasting time and effort with Full-Screen Anti-Aliasing (FSAA) for 3D! That turned out to be such a rediculous thing especially with these ultra-high resolutions that most gamers are playing with!

 

Also, I thought it was funny that they had "sample" pictures and videos on their site to show how good the color is on that video card!!!!! That is so stupid (everyone has a different video card and will view the pics using that ... so what is the point of having sample pics to show how 10-bit color looks like when your video card doesn't support it anyway? ) ... gotta love marketting-type web sites!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Fadi

I agree with we Seaphan, I was a little angry against Matrox... all the features they offer... many of them are just technicalities and I do not believe it worth the prixe... some statistics say it will cost about 400 US $ the basic one... with the 128 DDR memory, still the standarts will come with 256

 

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/02q2/0...arhelia-02.html

 

Still the comparaison chart is interesting... ah and I took back my G400 Matrox card that I have exchanged in the past with my Brot. Geforce 2 MX I could not continue with Nvidia 2D cheap colors.

 

There is no question I will buy this new card, what for ? I'm not a gamer, I just am impressed, its my hometown compagny(Montreal) that is kicking Nvidia.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...