Jump to content

My father's diary translated in English


Louise Kiffer

Recommended Posts

My father’s diary

My father born in 1901 had started to write his diary at the age of 14, in 1915.

I was born in 1925, as I was 75 years old, I translated his diary in French,

for my chidren and grand-chidren.

I put the translation in French, and the armenian version in my own website :

 

http://choisy.pagesperso-orange.fr/index.htm

 

Now I heard a Turk negationnist has translated my French translation in English, adding a lot of comments to try to proof that there has not been any genocid.

(Of course the word genocid did not exist in French at that time.)

I suppose this is intended for the Americans and their government.

As he writes that I translated only until 1919, but I translated in French until 1923,

(It is very interesting for those who like history. But he is just interested by the period

1915-1919.Here is his website :

 

http://www.tallarmeniantale.com/diary-sarian.htm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My father’s diary

My father born in 1901 had started to write his diary at the age of 14, in 1915.

I was born in 1925, as I was 75 years old, I translated his diary in French,

for my chidren and grand-chidren.

I put the translation in French, and the armenian version in my own website :

 

http://choisy.pagesperso-orange.fr/index.htm

 

Now I heard a Turk negationnist has translated my French translation in English, adding a lot of comments to try to proof that there has not been any genocid.

(Of course the word genocid did not exist in French at that time.)

I suppose this is intended for the Americans and their government.

As he writes that I translated only until 1919, but I translated in French until 1923,

(It is very interesting for those who like history. But he is just interested by the period

1915-1919.Here is his website :

 

http://www.tallarmeniantale.com/diary-sarian.htm

 

Bravo. Super!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Louise, congratulations and bravo for your hard work, but sorry to see your father's memoires posted in that cesspool which is called "tall armenian tale". The whole purpose of this site is to falsify anything and everything about the AG with hired pseudo scholars, the likes of Sam weems who would sell his mother for the green back.

 

The owner of this site was revealed and humiliated for all the false informations that they put there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yervant is right calling it “cesspool”.

 

COWARDS!!!

 

Yes, damn cowardly dogs.!!

They have reasons to be afraid. Soon their “tails” will find their proper aperture.

And now, they have discovered a new weapon, the (poison)PEN. They hire “whores for a fee” to write for them, the likes of Weems, McCarthy, Lewey et al.

Here is how that heap of garbage/cesspool aka “tall furkish tails” opens the one about Hrant Sarian.

Note how those COWARDS substitute “dashnak" to avoid saying Armenian, lest they be accused of racism. This is not an isolated case, search and see how many times they use words like “dashnak”, ASALA et al as a substitute for “Armenian”.

We should teach them that “dshnak” also means “small dagger/ փոքր դաշոյն/poqr dashuyn”.**

http://www.burtfoster.com/images/dagger-001.jpg

 

http://www.burtfoster.com/images/dagger-001.jpg

 

"Armenian Oral History" can never be taken at face value, because too many Armenians have been influenced by the "Dashnak mentality," which includes (as Rafael Ishkhanian nicely put it):…

 

Btw, our Grande Dame Louise I had already seen Your Father at your site.

**See #14 here, where in the opening paragraph Ali says “kama” dagger in their non-language is from the Armenian “kam/գամ” to mean “nail”.

http://hyeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1551&pid=275934&st=0entry275934

Edited by Arpa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In Adabazar and the first years that they were in France, my parents used many turkish words, not quite the same, but with little changes,that looked like a dialect. I did not know these words were turkish. But after some years, my father who read "Haratch" the newspaper, directed

by Chavarch Missakian, understood that they have to teach good armenian to their children, as the first refugees were very afraid that we loose our language. Then my father did teach us the good armenian words.

Now, many young Armenians in France cannot speak armenian at all, just a few words. Because we did not have armenian schools.

It is very sad. In the armenian forums,from Armenia, I see they speak Russian. It is not better than French.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...