Jump to content

Some daily news


MJ

Recommended Posts

PanArmenian News - Analysis

Sept 25 2002

 

TURKISH AUTHORITIES PUNISH THOSE CITIZENS WHO SPEAK AGAINST BLOCKADE

OF ARMENIA

 

Few days left for the Turkish authorities refusing contacts with

Armenians to govern.

 

Mass repressions towards businessmen, politicians and public figures

speaking in support of opening of the Armenian-Turkish borders, have

started in Turkey. Members of a delegation, who visited Yerevan

recently for establishment of a dialogue, learned on their return

home that they were dismissed. The special services, the police and

even the tax institutions started to show interest towards those

persons. It's interesting that neither in Ankara, nor in Baku does

anybody try to hide that the repressions are caused by dissidence,

and especially in the issues concerning the contacts with Armenians.

 

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ The Ambassador of Azerbaijan to Turkey Mamed Aliyev

confirmed recently that the Turkish citizens speaking in support of

economic cooperation with Armenia were being punished. He said while

speaking with journalists that `the Turkish authorities take all the

necessary measures towards those persons.' According to him, the

`authorities of several eastern regions of the country have already

been dismissed because of the attempts to set business contacts with

Armenia.' The diplomat assured that the Embassy of Azerbaijan in its

turn undertakes the necessary steps aimed at neutralization of the

attempts to set a dialogue between Ankara and Yerevan. The Ambassador

as especially irritated with the fact that `some Azeris living on the

Turkish territory bordering with Armenia are speaking in support of

economic cooperation with Armenia.' President of Azerbaijan is also

aware of this. During his recent visit to Kars Heydar Aliyev said

that `Azeris living in Kars region often visit Armenia for their

mercantile interests.'

 

The Azerbaijani Ambassador confirmed the information that in the

regions of Kars and Igdir some forces continue to carry out

propaganda in support of opening the Armenian-Turkish borders and

establishment of relations between the two countries. And the self

government bodies are aware and indirectly even encourage them.

Despite all this, the Ambassador believes that there is no need to

worry, as `the official Ankara maintains its principal position in

this issue and the cooperation with Armenia is out of question'.

 

Meanwhile, another Azerbaijani diplomat, former Consul of Azerbaijan

in Turkey Abas Abdula has a point of view different from the one

mentioned above. He is sure that the Turks have to open the border

with Armenia. This was informed by the «525th» newspaper issued in

Baku. The Baku press recently attaches great importance to this

issue. One of the leading newspapers has published an interview with

the co-chairman of the Armenian-Turkish commission on economic

cooperation, Kaan Soyak.. The businessman has noted that Ankara and

Yerevan can establish normal economic relations, and Azerbaijan can

join them and speed up this process.

 

Despite the repressions towards those who dare to speak in support of

a dialogue with Armenia, lots of Turkish citizens are against the

transport and economic blockade carried out by Ankara. Kaan Soyak is

not alone in his initiative. The Mayor of Kars Naif Alibeyoghlu,

President of the Union of Stock Exchanges Rifat Khisakhjokhlu, Head of

the Trade-Industrial Chamber of Igdir Tayar Oral, Member of the

National Security Council Hasan Koni, Parliament deputy Gyunul Saray

and many others have already stated that there is no sense to

continue the blockade. The direct and indirect pressure towards those

persons proves the agony of the ideology of today's authorities

refusing any cooperation with Armenia. There are all the bases to

think that the extraordinary elections to be held in October will

reveal new leaders who are able more soberly to evaluate the reality.

 

- "PanARMENIAN News" analytical department

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by MJ:

PanArmenian News - Analysis

Sept 25 2002

 

TURKISH AUTHORITIES PUNISH THOSE CITIZENS WHO SPEAK AGAINST BLOCKADE OF ARMENIA

 

Mass repressions towards businessmen, politicians and public figures speaking in support of opening of the Armenian-Turkish borders, have started in Turkey.


Is this just an example of how birds of a feather (in this case liars) like to join together? Armenian liars reposting Azeri lies?

 

Does either source actually name a single person who has been "repressed". They don't. On the contrary, the only actual names mentioned are those of people who have NOT been "repressed" - the most prominant being the mayor of Kars, who has been openly advocating the opening of the border for years. It is pretty clear what the Azeri motives are in producing this propaganda. What on earth are PANArmenian News's motives in distributing it and adding to it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think you are hyperventilating, again.

 

While I am not here to claim that it is impossible for the Armenian outlets of media to disseminate lies - consciously or otherwise, I think one can explain the reference to the Azeri sources of media by lack of better sources, which is understandable due to absence of direct relationship between Armenia and Turkey.

 

Even if the alleged facts here to don't correspond to the reality, it is noteworthy to mention in the outlets of Armenian Media that Azeries are disseminating such information.

 

For the same reason, at least, it is noteworthy to mention it in this forum.

 

Additionally, I am looking forward to the day when you can post one constructive material other than bashing someone else. That they would warrant special celebrations, and I would send you, personally, a nice bottle of wine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by MJ:

I think one can explain the reference to the Azeri sources of media by lack of better sources, which is understandable due to absence of direct relationship between Armenia and Turkey.


I think one can explain the lack of specifics in the Azeri source by recognising that it is pure propaganda, without any truth. I think one can explain the Armenian reuse of these lies by accepting that it was probably written by someone who has an interest in keeping the conflict pot boiling between Turkey and Armenia.

 

quote:
Even if the alleged facts here to don't correspond to the reality, it is noteworthy to mention in the outlets of Armenian Media that Azeries are disseminating such information.

 

For the same reason, at least, it is noteworthy to mention it in this forum.


I don't think distributing probable Azeri lies, without a single accompanying comment from you, is particularly noteworthy. So stop attacking me for providing the constructive commentary YOU shuld have provided.

 

quote:
Additionally, I am looking forward to the day when you can post one constructive material other than bashing someone else. That they would warrant special celebrations, and I would send you, personally, a nice bottle of wine.
Maybe your posts would be more constructive if you would break your lifetime habit of ending many of your posts with personal insults towards those you disagree with. You will note that in my response to your posting of this Azeri propaganda I did not mention you, or speculate on your motives in posting it.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no less credible Armenian source then PanArmenian, they have been proven to be wrong so many times, one of these occasions was that an American specialist has found a new evidences in American archive about Hitler quote, I contacted the author in question, and his answer was that what PanArmenian reported was not accurate...

 

I have a bunch of examples like this... the diaspora should close that news source for its own sake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cat,

 

I have never visited the PanArmenian News Website – don’t even know their address. The materials I pasted here where sent to me by a Turkish pal, who was trying to backup his arguments from an earlier discussion of it. I have no reasons to think that he is a liar.

I have no comments on the truthfulness of the material, since I have no first-hand personal knowledge about the situation in Turkey. All I can do is to make public a material that I come across and have you, per se, comment on it. At least, it would be very disingenuous from your side to allege a “destructive” behavior from me by doing so.

 

As far as my last sentence “insulting you,” is concerned, I think I was proposing a nice bottle of wine to you, right? Is it the perception of bribery or your resentment towards alcohole that makes you feel insulted?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...