Jump to content

Hovhannes Katchaznouni


Vitilsky

Recommended Posts

Barev

I wanted to know if the book called "The ARF has nothing to do anymore" IS ACTUALLY written or not by H. Katchaznouni.

I actually believe it is a turkish propaganda's fork made intentionally against us. But I do not have sources. I was editing

his article in the english Wikipedia (my userpage is this), but I just could not modify anything because "I don't have reliable sources". The other editors

have got non-neutral turkish or pro-turkish sources, which I can't object because I can't prove my ideas; I need sources. Somebody have?

What do you think about this topic?

Erik

Edited by Vitilsky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Barev

I wanted to know if the book called "The ARF has nothing to do anymore" IS ACTUALLY written or not by H. Katchaznouni.

I actually believe it is a turkish propaganda's fork made intentionally against us. But I do not have sources. I was editing

his article in the english Wikipedia (my userpage is this), but I just could not modify anything because "I don't have reliable sources". The other editors

have got non-neutral turkish or pro-turkish sources, which I can't object because I can't prove my ideas; I need sources. Somebody have?

What do you think about this topic?

Erik

 

No, it was not, it was written by Darounian, the most interesting pages which revisionists use are said to be verbatims and not ''written'', which suggest that those parts are not based on prior written text. It is a political work aimed at placing the entire blame on the ARF which Darounian hated (he actually admits it).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we're talking about the same book, I had the opportunity to look at a copy once and what I got from it was all positive for us and all negative for denialists. I don't see how denialists use this book to deny the genocide when the author explicitly condemns the Turks for committing mass-murder against the Armenians. Sure he also says that Armenians killed a couple of Turks, but which serious genocide historian in this day and age denies that? Then again, I didn't read the whole book and what I read wasn't very attentive, so maybe I missed something crucial somewhere.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we're talking about the same book, I had the opportunity to look at a copy once and what I got from it was all positive for us and all negative for denialists. I don't see how denialists use this book to deny the genocide when the author explicitly condemns the Turks for committing mass-murder against the Armenians. Sure he also says that Armenians killed a couple of Turks, but which serious genocide historian in this day and age denies that? Then again, I didn't read the whole book and what I read wasn't very attentive, so maybe I missed something crucial somewhere.

 

I had a digitized copy of it, while you are right, if my memory doesn't fail me it is on pp. 6-7 or something where he write about transcaucasia and Armenians gathering there. With selective picking you can support any thesis, revisionists have learned this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...