Takoush Posted March 25, 2008 Report Share Posted March 25, 2008 I am wondering if anyone in here had a tooth implant and whether it was successful and has a good story to tell about it. Today around 1:30 p.m. noon time, I had two upper teeth implants. I am having some pain and discomfort now of course, but they say that it'll diminish within hours. Of course I have to take painkillers and antibiotics. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted March 25, 2008 Author Report Share Posted March 25, 2008 If anyone has a personal experience on the above subject, whether it was a positive or a negative experience it is welcomed if you would share it please. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zara Posted March 25, 2008 Report Share Posted March 25, 2008 Well, it's not for tooth implants. When I was little I liked candy and sweet stuff like most other kids and I really didn't care too much about my teeth. I eventually had a cavity. My parents wanted to take me to their dentist but my grandma said that her dentist would do everything for free as a favor to her. So, what did we do? We went to her dentist. He's supposed to wear gloves right? no gloves. he's supposed to put a numbing agent all over the effected area before injecting a stronger numbing agent to dull the nerves inside, right? He skipped the first numbing agent and just started stabbing my gums. He does the whole operation and thankfully, I'm still alive. When the numbing injection dies off my mouth is in tons of pain and I can't really open my jaws very much. sadly, they made us sing at school when I was younger. No big deal, right? I could just hide in the back and mumble a little, right? I was one of the kids that was right in front of the instructor and my place was permanent. Again, no big deal, right? I'm just 11 or 12, she'll be a little understanding and leave me alone for a day, right? She saw my mouth was barely moving and she got mad at me and started yelling at me. I try to explain because I'm sure she'll understand, right? She yelled at me even more, made me cry, and failed me. I only have one thing to say. I HATE DENTISTS Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted March 26, 2008 Author Report Share Posted March 26, 2008 Well, it's not for tooth implants. When I was little I liked candy and sweet stuff like most other kids and I really didn't care too much about my teeth. I eventually had a cavity. My parents wanted to take me to their dentist but my grandma said that her dentist would do everything for free as a favor to her. So, what did we do? We went to her dentist. He's supposed to wear gloves right? no gloves. he's supposed to put a numbing agent all over the effected area before injecting a stronger numbing agent to dull the nerves inside, right? He skipped the first numbing agent and just started stabbing my gums. He does the whole operation and thankfully, I'm still alive. When the numbing injection dies off my mouth is in tons of pain and I can't really open my jaws very much. sadly, they made us sing at school when I was younger. No big deal, right? I could just hide in the back and mumble a little, right? I was one of the kids that was right in front of the instructor and my place was permanent. Again, no big deal, right? I'm just 11 or 12, she'll be a little understanding and leave me alone for a day, right? She saw my mouth was barely moving and she got mad at me and started yelling at me. I try to explain because I'm sure she'll understand, right? She yelled at me even more, made me cry, and failed me. I only have one thing to say. I HATE DENTISTS Zara, all dentists are not careless. I happen to have the greatest dentist. He is very caring, very knowledgeable and extremely clean in his work. The fact that your teacher after a bad experience with your dentist at a young ripe age she didn't give you a chance to explain your pain and problems, has nothing to do with your dentist. Though your dentist should've nummed the area that he was going to insert the needle and handled you better. What you have to do is search for an excellent dentist through word of mouth and visit your dentist regularly; at least twice a year to have your teeth and gums thoroughly cleaned. Your teeth and gums are the very essence of your health and even your longevity. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zara Posted March 26, 2008 Report Share Posted March 26, 2008 Zara, all dentists are not careless. I happen to have the greatest dentist. He is very caring, very knowledgeable and extremely clean in his work. The fact that your teacher after a bad experience with your dentist at a young ripe age she didn't give you a chance to explain your pain and problems, has nothing to do with your dentist. Though your dentist should've nummed the area that he was going to insert the needle and handled you better. What you have to do is search for an excellent dentist through word of mouth and visit your dentist regularly; at least twice a year to have your teeth and gums thoroughly cleaned. Your teeth and gums are the very essence of your health and even your longevity. So far, from word of mouth, all I've been hearing about dentists is bad. Probably the only person I'd trust with my teeth is my friend Chris and he's not a dentist yet but he's getting there. There are so many doctors that sucker you into thinking you need this or you need that just so that they can make money off of you. I don't know if I'm willing enough to listen to all of their nonsense all of the time. The only person I listen to is my general doctor for annual checkup's and that's because she says I'm doing just fine. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted March 26, 2008 Author Report Share Posted March 26, 2008 So far, from word of mouth, all I've been hearing about dentists is bad. Probably the only person I'd trust with my teeth is my friend Chris and he's not a dentist yet but he's getting there. There are so many doctors that sucker you into thinking you need this or you need that just so that they can make money off of you. I don't know if I'm willing enough to listen to all of their nonsense all of the time. The only person I listen to is my general doctor for annual checkup's and that's because she says I'm doing just fine. Well, keep on looking. It's important to get a good dentist as your gums and teeth are an important part of your health and wellbeing. It's good that you have a good general practictioner. Perhaps you can ask him to give you a good dentist? Also you can call nearby hospitals and ask them to give you names; then search on the web about their credentials. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aratta-Kingdom Posted March 26, 2008 Report Share Posted March 26, 2008 since you have raised the question, maybe you can also say how much it usually costs to do the job. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted March 26, 2008 Author Report Share Posted March 26, 2008 since you have raised the question, maybe you can also say how much it usually costs to do the job. Well I believe it is at least 1,800-2,000 per tooth and my surgeon gave me a cut for 1,500 per tooth and I had done two teeth. He is my dentist's friend and gave me a good break and he has very good credentials. I was lucky. The above price doesn't include the crowns. But this is for life as they make the implant like your own roots for the teeth. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SAS Posted March 26, 2008 Report Share Posted March 26, 2008 Թագուհի, եթե ատամներդ էս ուզում սարքել, ապա գնա Երևան: Այնտեղ մի ատամ դնելն(implant) արժի հինգհարյուր դոլար: Մի կողմից դու կշահես, մյուս կողմից էլ դա կլինի քո անձնական ... ատամնաներդրումը Հայաստանի տնտեսության մեջ: Եթե բոլոր հայերն անսան իմ կոչին և իրենց ատամնները(քիթ ու մռթի հետ միասին ) Հհայաստանում սարքեն-դզեն-փչեն, ապա դա կտրուկ կխթանի Հայաստանի տնտեսության զարգացմանը: Հայաստանից դուրս ապրում են նվազագույնը 2 500 000 հայ: 2 500 000 հայ x մի ատամ x $500 = $1 250 000 000 + նույնքան էլ կողմնակի ծախսեր = $2 500 000 000: Այնպես որ, տիկնայք և տիարք, ձեր փչացած ատամները կարող են Հայատանի տնտեսական զարգացմանը ծառայել: Իսկ եթե լուրջ, ապա ես ինքս ամեն տարի Հայաստան գնալիս իմ առողջական խնդիրներն այնտեղ եմ լուծում: Նախ՝ քիչ ժամանակ եմ վատնում բժիշկների դռների առաջ սպասելիս, երկրորդ՝ Մոսկվայի հետ համեմատած էժան է: Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arpa Posted March 26, 2008 Report Share Posted March 26, 2008 (edited) Թագուհի, եթե ատամներդ էս ուզում սարքել, ապա գնա Երևան: Այնտեղ մի ատամ դնելն(implant) արժի հինգհարյուր դոլար: Մի կողմից դու կշահես, մյուս կողմից էլ դա կլինի քո անձնական ... ատամնաներդրումը Հայաստանի տնտեսության մեջ: Եթե բոլոր հայերն անսան իմ կոչին և Me silly. I could not resist but… Search and find more about “gnashing of teeth” in that comedy of all times aka the “Bible” Matt.8, [12] But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 12իսկ արքայութեան որդիները պիտի ելնեն արտաքին խաւարը. այնտեղ պիտի լինի լաց եւ ատամների կրճտում» Իմ խնամին որոշել է Հալէպ թրչիլ այս ամառ: Նէ հաշիւ է արել եւ տեսել թէ օդանաւային երթ ու դարձիսակը, առաւել ատամնաբոյժի լման վարձքը սարքելու ներա լման ատամնաշարը աւելի յարմար է քան թէ այս երկրի ատամնաբոյժի վարձքը սարքելու միայն ՄԻ ԱՏԱՄ. Չի մոռանալ որ նէ, իբր յաւելյալ հրճուանք պիտի այցելէ ներա հարազատները, որտեղից նէ պիտի թրչի Երեւան, աւելիով վայելել ներա այլ (խնամի) հարազատները. Յիշնք որ մինչ այս Ամերիկեան Դոլարը շատ է վարկաբեկուել ի դէմ Հայկական Դրամի եւ Սուրիական Լիրա/ ոսկու: Edited March 26, 2008 by Arpa Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aratta-Kingdom Posted March 26, 2008 Report Share Posted March 26, 2008 Taguhi, Pasadenaum mi hay atamnabuyj ka vor 650 ov anum a. kam gone indz etqan asec. baci dranic, hard@ ach u dzax haykakan kazmakerputyunnerin a ognum. chgitem forumi orenqner@ inchqanov en tuyl talis, bayc hajuyqov kuzei ayd atamnabuji anun@ u office heraxosi hamar@ im posti verjum dnem. ays mard@ iroq arjani e gnahatakani. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted March 26, 2008 Author Report Share Posted March 26, 2008 Թագուհի, եթե ատամներդ էս ուզում սարքել, ապա գնա Երևան: Այնտեղ մի ատամ դնելն(implant) արժի հինգհարյուր դոլար: Մի կողմից դու կշահես, մյուս կողմից էլ դա կլինի քո անձնական ... ատամնաներդրումը Հայաստանի տնտեսության մեջ: Եթե բոլոր հայերն անսան իմ կոչին և իրենց ատամնները(քիթ ու մռթի հետ միասին ) Հհայաստանում սարքեն-դզեն-փչեն, ապա դա կտրուկ կխթանի Հայաստանի տնտեսության զարգացմանը: Հայաստանից դուրս ապրում են նվազագույնը 2 500 000 հայ: 2 500 000 հայ x մի ատամ x $500 = $1 250 000 000 + նույնքան էլ կողմնակի ծախսեր = $2 500 000 000: Այնպես որ, տիկնայք և տիարք, ձեր փչացած ատամները կարող են Հայատանի տնտեսական զարգացմանը ծառայել: Իսկ եթե լուրջ, ապա ես ինքս ամեն տարի Հայաստան գնալիս իմ առողջական խնդիրներն այնտեղ եմ լուծում: Նախ՝ քիչ ժամանակ եմ վատնում բժիշկների դռների առաջ սպասելիս, երկրորդ՝ Մոսկվայի հետ համեմատած էժան է: ՍԱՍ, բայց շատ ուշ է առդէն հիմակ։ Ես արդէն սարքեցի երէկ։ Երանի առաչուընէ ըսէիր ինծի, խելք տայիր, ո՞վ գիտէ թերեւս Հայաստան կ՚երթայի ակռաներս սարքելու։ Ես առաչին առչեւի ակռաս 21 տարեկանիս կորսնցուցած էի եւ միւսն ալ մօտաւորապէս 12 տարի առաչ էր կորսնցուցէր էի; եւ սակայն այդպէս ձգած էի եւ ոչինչ չէի սառքած։ Ի վերջոյ սառգեցի։ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Takoush Posted March 26, 2008 Author Report Share Posted March 26, 2008 Taguhi, Pasadenaum mi hay atamnabuyj ka vor 650 ov anum a. kam gone indz etqan asec. baci dranic, hard@ ach u dzax haykakan kazmakerputyunnerin a ognum. chgitem forumi orenqner@ inchqanov en tuyl talis, bayc hajuyqov kuzei ayd atamnabuji anun@ u office heraxosi hamar@ im posti verjum dnem. ays mard@ iroq arjani e gnahatakani. Արաթա, այդ մարդը շատ աղէկ մարդ է եղեր։ Թէ շատ աժան կը պահանջէ կոր եւ թէ ալ այդքան ազնիւ Հայասէր մարդ ըլլալուն, արժէ որ "advertising" ընես եւ բոլոր Հայերը իրեն երթան։ Շատ ազնիւ է եղեր։ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.