Jump to content

Patriarchs/katholikoses


Recommended Posts

Hello.

 

I'm collecting data about armenian apostolic chiurch.

 

Does anyone know about chronological list of patriarchs and katholikoses of armenian apostolic church?

 

 

also if you know any sources of basic data (liturgical diferences from other churches etc.) about the church it would be nice

I need just basic data

 

thanks in advance, Elewyn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. St. Gregory the Illuminator (301-325)

2. St. Aristakes I the Parthian (325-333)

3. St. Vrtanes I the Parthian (333-341)

4. St. Housik I the Parthian (341-347)

5. Pharen I of Artashat (348-352)

6. Nersess I the Parthian (353-373)

7. Shahak I of Manazkert (373-377)

8. Zaven I of Manazkert (377-381)

9. Aspourakes I of Manazkert (381-386)

10. St. Sahak I the Parthian (388-439)

11. St. Joseph I of Hoghotsim (440-452)

12. Melitus I of Manazkert (452-456)

13. Moses I of Manazkert (456-461)

14.St. Gyut of Arahez (461-478)

15. St. John I Mandakouni (478-490)

16. Babken I of Othmos (490-516)

17. Samuel I of Artske(516-526)

18. Moushe I of Aylaberk (526-534)

19. Sahak II of Oughki (534-539)

20. Christopher I of Tirarynj (539-545)

21. Ghevond I of Yerast (545-458)

22. Nersess II of Bagrevand (548-557)

23. John II Gabeghen(557-574)

24. Moses II of Yeghvart (574-604)

25. Abraham I of Aghbatank (607-615)

26. Komitas I OF Aghtsik (615-628)

27. Christopher II Apahouni (628-630)

28. Ezr I of Parazhnakert (630-641)

29. Nersess III of Ishkhan (641-661)

30. Anastasius I of Akor (661-667)

31. Israel I of Othmos (667-677)

32. Sahak III of Dzorapor (677-703)

33. Elias I of Artchesh (703-717)

34. St. John of Otsoun (717-728)

35. David I of Aramonk (728-741)

36. Trdat I of Othmos (741-764)

37. Trdat II of Dasnavork (764-767)

38. Sion I of Bavonk (767-775)

39. Isaak I of Eghipatroush (775-788)

40. Stepanos I of Dvin (788-790)

41. Joab I of Dvin (790-791)

42. Solomon I of Garni (791-792)

43. Gevork I of Byurakan (792-795)

44. Joseph I of Parpi (795-806)

45. David II of Kakagh (806-833)

46. John IV of Ova (833-855)

47. Zecharia I of Dzak (855-876)

48. Gevork II of Garni (877-897)

49. St. Mashtots I of Yeghvart (897-898)

50. John V of Draskhanakert (898-929)

51. Stepanos II Rshtouni (929-930)

52. Theodoros I Rshtouni I (930-941)

53. Yeghishe I Rshtouni (941-946)

54. Anania I of Moks (946-968)

55. Vahan I Syuni (968-969)

56. Stepanos II of Sevan (969-972)

57. Khachik I Arsharouni (973-992)

58. Sarkis I of Sevan (992-1019)

59. Peter I Ketadarats (1019-1058)

60. Khachik II of Ani (1058-1065)

61. Gregory II the Matyrophile (1066-1105)

62. Basil I of Ani (1105-1113)

63. Gregory III Pahlavouni (1113-1166)

64. St. Nersess IV the Merit (1166-1173)

65. Gregory IV the Young (1173-1193)

66. Gregory V Karavej (1193-1194)

67. Gregory VI Apirat (1194-1203)

68. John VI of Sis (1203-1221)

69. Constantine I of Bardzrberd (1221-1267)

70. Jacob I of Gla (1268-1286)

71. Constantine II OF Katouk(1286-1289)

72. Stephanos IV of Hromkla (1290-1293)

73. Gregory VII of Anavarza (1293-1307)

74. Constantine III of Caesaria (1307-1322)

75. Constantine IV of Lambron (1323-1326)

76. Jacob II of Anavarza (1327-1341 & 1355-1359)

77. Mekhitar I of Grner (1341-1355)

78. Mesrob of Artaz (1359-1372)

79. Constantine V of Sis (1372-1374)

80. Paul of Sis (1374-1382)

81. Theodoros II of Cilicia (1382-1392)

82. Karapet I of Keghi (1393-1404)

83. Jacob III of Sis (1404-1411)

84. Gregory VIII Khandzoghat (1411-1418)

85. Paul II of Garni (1418-1430)

86. Constantine VI of Vahka (1430-1439)

87. Gregory IX Moosabekiants (1439-1441)

88. Kirakos I of Virap (1441-1443)

89. Gregory of Jalalabekiants (1443-1465)

90. Aristakes II Coadjutor (1465-1469)

91. Sarkis II The Rellic Carrier (Achatar) (1469-1474)

92. John VII The Rellic Bearer (Achakir) (1474-1484)

93. Sarkis III The Other (1484-1515)

94. Zecharia II of Holy Etchmiadzin (Vagharshapat) (1515-1520)

95. Sarkis IV of Georgia (1520-1536)

96. Gregory XI of Byzantium (1536-1545)

97. Stephanos V of Salmast (1545-1567)

98. Michael I of Sebastia (1567-1576)

99. Gregory XII of Holy Etchmiadzin (Vagharshapat) (1576-1590)

100. David IV of Vagharshapat (1590-1629)

101. Moses III of Tatev (1629-1632)

102. Philip I of Aghbak (1633-1655)

103. Jacob IV of Jugha (1655-1680)

104. Eliazar I of Aintap (1681-1691)

105. Nahapet of Edessa (1691-1705)

106. Alexander I of Jugha (1706-1714)

107. Astvatsoor I of Hamadan (1715-1725)

108. Karapet II of Zeytoun (1726-1729)

109. Abraham II of Khoshab (1730-1734)

110. Abraham III of Crete (1734-1737)

111. Lazar I of Djahouk (1737-1751)

112. Minas I of Akn (1751-1753)

113. Alexander II of Byzantium (1753-1755)

114. Jacob V of Shamakh (1759-1763)

115. Simon I of Yerevan (1763-1780)

116. Luke I of Garni (1780-1799)

117. David V of Eneget (1801-1807)

118. Daniel I of Sourmari (1807-1808)

119. Yeprem I of Dzoragegh (1809-1830)

120. John VIII of Karbi (1831-1842)

121. Nersess V of Ashtarak (1843-1857)

122. Matthew I of Constantinople (1858-1865)

123. Gevork IV of Constantinople (1866-1882)

124. Makar I of Teghout (1885-1891)

125. Mkrtich of Van (1892-1907)

126. Mattew II of Constantinople (1908-1910)

127. Gevork V of Tpghis (1911-1930)

128. Khoren I of Tpghis(1932-1938)

129. Gevork VI of Nor-Nakhichevan (1945-1954)

130. Vazgen I Baljian (1955-1994)

131.Garegin I Sarkissian (1995-1999)

132.Garegin II Nersissian (1999-Present)

 

Credit: www.ArmenianHighland.com

 

also if you know any sources of basic data (liturgical diferences from other churches etc.) about the church it would be nice

I need just basic data

 

Check out Armenian Highland for more eccumenical and cultural info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chronology of Catholicoi of the Holy See of Cilicia

 

Grigor I. Moussabeguian (1441-1446)

Garabed Yevtogatsi (1446-1477)

Stepanos Saratsortsi (1475-1483)

Hovhannes I Andiokatsi (1483-1488)

Hovhannes II Tulgurantsi (1489-1525)

Hovhannes III Kilistsi (1525-1539)

Simeon Zeitountsi (1539-1545)

Ghazar Zeitountsi (1545-1547)

Toros Sisetsi (1548-1553)

Khachadour I Chorig (1553-1558)

Khachadour II Zeitountsi (1560-1584)

Azaria I Jughayetsi (1584-1601)

Hovhannes IV Aintabtsi (1601-1621)

Bedros I Gargaretsi (1601-1608)

Minas Gonnetsi (1621-1632)

Simeon II Sebastiatsi (1633-1648)

Nerses Sebastiatsi (1648-1654)

Toros II Sebastiatsi (1654-1657)

Khachadour III Sebastiatsi (1657-1677)

Sahak I Meykhaneji (1677-1683)

Azaria II Gargaretsi (1683-1686)

Grigor II Adanatsi (1686-1695)

Asdvadzadour Sasuntsi (1695-1703)

Madteos Gesaratsi (1703-1705)

Hovhannes V Hajentsi (1705-1721)

Grigor III Gesaratsi (1721/2-1729)

Hovhannes VI Hajentsi (1729/30-1731)

Ghougas Sisetsi Atchabahian (1731-1737)

Michael I Sisetsi Atchabahian (1737-1758)

Gabriel Sisetsi Atchabahian (1758-1770)

Yeprem I Sisetsi Atchabahian (1770-1784)

Toros III Sisetsi Atchabahian (1784-1796)

Giragos I Sisetsi Atchabahian (1797-1822)

Yeprem II Sisetsi Atchabahian (1822-1833)

Michael II Sisetsi Atchabahian (1833-1855)

Giragos II Sisetsi Atchabahian (1855-1866)

Megerdich Kefsiziam Marashtsi (1871-1894)

Sahak II Khabayan Kharpertsi (1902-1939)

Papken Guleserian Aintabtsi (1931-1936)

Bedros II Sarajian Hajentsi (1940+)

Karekin I Hovsepian Karabaghtsi (1943-52)

Zareh I Payaslian Marashtsi (1956-1963)

Khoren I Paroyan Gibratsi (1963-1983)

Karekin II Sarkissian Kessabtsi (1977-95)

Aram I Keshishian (1995-reigning)

 

Patriarchs of Constantinopole

 

Maghakia Ormanian (1896-1908)

Madteos Izmirlian (1908-1909)

Yeghische Tourian (1909-1910)

Hovhannes Arscharouni (1911-1913)

Zaven Der Yeghiayan (1913-1922)

Mesrob Naroyan (1927-1943)

Karekin Khachadourian (1951-1961)

Shenork Kaloustian (1963-1990)

Karekin Kazanjian (1990-1998)

Mesrop Mutafyan (1998-reigning)

 

 

Chronology of Armenian Patriarchs of Jerusalem

 

Abraham (638-669)

Krikor Yetesatzi (669-696)

Kevork (696-708)

Mgrdich (708-730)

Hovhannes (730-758)

Stepanos (758-774)

Yeghia (774-797)

Unknown Incumbents (797-885)

Abraham (885-909)

Unknown Incumbents (909-981)

Krikor (981-1006)

Arsen (1006-1038)

Mesrob (usd hrovardagatz) (1008)

Unknown Incumbents (1038-1090)

Simeon (1090-1109)

Movses (1109-1133)

Esayee (1133-1152)

Sahag (1152-1180)

Abraham of Jerusalem (1180-1191)

Minas (1191-1205)

Abraham (1215-1218)

Arakel (1218-1230)

Hovhannes Garnetzi (1230-1238)

Garabed of Jerusalem (1238-1254)

Hagopos (1254-1281)

Sarkis (1281-1313)

Theodore (Asdzvadzadoor) (1313-1316)

David (1316-1321)

Boghos (usd odaratz Bedros) (1321-1323)

Vartan Areveltzi (1323-1332)

Hovhannes Josleen (1332-1341)

Parsegh (1341-1356)

Garabed (1349)

Krikor (1356-1363)

Giragos with Krikor remembered as a co-adjutor

Mgrdich first co-adjutor with Krikor the Patriarch 1363-78

Hovhannes Lehatzee (1378-1386)

Krikor of Egypt (1386-1391)

Esayee (1391-1394)

Sarkis first co-adjutor then Patriarch (1394-1415)

Mardiros probably co-adjutor (1399)

Mesrob probably co-adjutor (1402)

Boghos Karnetzi (1415-1419)

Mardiros of Egypt (1419-1430)

Minas probably co-adjutor with Mardiros (1426)

Esayee co-adjutor with Mardiros then Patriarch (1430-31)

Hovhannes (1431-1441)

Muron (1436-1437)

Abraham Missirtzee (1441-1454)

Mesrob first co-adjutor then Patriarch (1454-1461)

Bedros first co-adjutor then Patriarch (1461-1476)

Mgrdich Elovtzee (1476-1479)

Abraham Pereeahtzee co-adjtor then Patriarch 1497-1485

Hovhannes Missirtzee (1485-1491)

Mardiros Broosatzee (1491-1501)

Bedros (1501-1507)

Sarkis (1507-1517)

Hovhannes (1517-1522)

Theodore (Asdvadzadoor Merdeentzee) (1532-1542)

Pilibos (1542-1550)

Theodore (Asdvadzadoor Merdeentzee) again 1550-1551

Antreas Merdeentzee co-adjutor then Patriarch (1551-83)

David Merdeentzee co-adjutor then Patriarch (1583-1613)

Krikor Kantzagehtzee (1613-1645)

Theodore (Asdvadzadoor Daronetzee) (1645-1664)

Yeghiazar Hromglayetzee co-adjutor (1664-1665)

Theodore (Asdvadzadoor Daronetzee) again (1665-1666)

Yeghiazar (1666-1668)

Theodore (Asdvadzadoor) (1668-1670)

Yeghiazar again (1670-1677)

Mardiros Khrimtzi (1677-1680)

Hovhannes Amasyatzee (1680)

Mardiros Khrimtzi again (1681-1683)

Lay Locum Tenens (1683-1684)

Hovhannes Bolsetzi (1684-1697)

Simeon (1688-1691)

Minas Hamtetzi co-adjutor, later Patriarch (1697-1704)

Kaloosd Hetoontzi co-adjutor

Krikor co-adjutor at historical period when Jerusalem Patriarchate was unified with Istanbul Patriarchate 1704-15

Krikor Shiravantzee (Chainbearer) (1715-1749)

Hagop Nalian (1749 resigned 1752)

Teotoros (1752-1761)

Garabed Tantchagetzee (1761-1768)

Boghos Vanetzee (1768-1775)

Hovhannes Kanapertzee (1775-1793)

Bedros Yevtogeeyatzee (1793-1800)

Teodoros Vanetzi (1800-1818)

Kapriel Neegomeetatzee (1818-1840)

Boghos Atreeunoobolsetzi (1824-1847)

Zakaria Gopetzi (1840-1846)

Giragos of Jerusalem (1846-1850)

Hovhannes of Smyrna (1850-1860)

Vertanes Locum Tenens (1860-1864)

Esayee of Talas (1864-1885)

Yeremya Der Sahagian Locum Tenens (1885-1889)

Harootiun Vehabedian elected 1885 stays in Istanbul until 1888 is in office (1889-1910)

Yeghishe Tourian (1921-1929)

Torkom Koushagian (1929-1939)

Mesrob Nishanian (1939-1944)

Guregh Israelian (1944-1949)

Tiran Nersoyan (Patriarch - elect) (1957-1958)

Yeghishe Derderian (1960-1990)

Torkom Manoogian (1990-reigning)

 

http://www.hyeetch.nareg.com.au/religion/history_p1.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Patriarchs of Constantinopole

 

Zaven Der Yeghiayan (1913-1922)

http://www.hyeetch.nareg.com.au/religion/history_p1.html

 

I have a good book about him, My Patriarchal Memiors. It's about his experiences as the Patriarch of Constantinople during the Genocide.

 

http://www.narek.com/store/search.php?mode=search

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/193183405...glance&n=283155

Edited by Vanetsi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...