Nakharar Posted March 29, 2005 Report Share Posted March 29, 2005 After the well publicized Nigerian scams, here is another e-mail that I received today: Dear Sir, Naturally, this letter will come to you as a surprise since we have not met, permit me however, I am Farmer, the owner of Diary farms limited in Zimbabwe. I own three tobacco farms in Chipinge, and I am also majority owner of Glendevon Farm also situated in Chipinge, in Zimbabwe. You can see more details about my situation and BBC interviews on the website below: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2187981.stm I am contacting you as the need to for me to have a foreign partner in your country has become necessary due to our plans to relocate to that country so that I can purchase some lands and start farming all over again as the present political instability in Zimbabwe, does not encourage financial investment as the environment is no longer condusive for farming investment and most of all security is not insured, just as reported by international media. This problem started when the Zimbabwean government under the leadership of President Robert Mugabe announced a degree on May 31st 2000 to seize more than 849 white-owned farms. During these periods, as reported by internationalf media and the CNN, more than 6 white farmers were killed, the government is not stopping at this, as just recently the government have asked all white-farmers to give up their farms to black farmers or risk going to prison. So far, more than 1,400 white owned farms have been invaded and confiscated, as well as claiming the properties of the farmers. Also, about 133 white farmers arrested for defying the orders to leave their farms under the controversial land reform programme of the government. Having lived in this country Zimbabwea for more than 35 years, I have no other country to go to, Therefore, I decided to contact you, for your assistance, so that I can divert my interest in Zimbabwe to a more stable country as yours. Also, I must re-iterate the importance of having a citizen of your country to front for us, since we intend to purchase some lands for farming, I do not know much about your land-ownership laws, I thought it wise to seek the help of a citizen to act as proxy for me. For this purpose, I have put in a security deposit all monies from the sale of our farming equipements (including tractors etc) and also all financial profits which all in total amounted to US$23.5Million, I will upon receiving your consent make all arrangement to move my funds to you pending my arrival to meet with you in your country so that we can both make further arrangements with regards to the purchase of lands. Every modality will be worked out by me to ensure that the money is conveniently moved to your region to enable you receive it in person without any setbacks or inconveniencies. For your assistance to me, you will be entittled to a commission of 25% of the total sum that you will be receiving on my behalf for the above purpose. If you are interested and willing to assist me, you should please forward to me via my email address the following information so that I can reach you: 1. YOUR CONTACT ADDRESS 2. YOUR TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBER 3. YOUR DATE OF BIRTH I am waiting urgently for your response, while also requesting that you treat this matter in strict privacy. Presently, I am in great danger and will appreciate you correspond with me via confidential email correspondence. Best regard Chris Does he think that anyone is going to buy this? How does he justify the fact that whites who account for only 0.3% of the population in Zimbabwe control more than 75% of the farmland. Please, please Mugabe finish the job you started and save us from these spammers. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.