Jump to content

Louise Kiffer

Members
  • Posts

    264
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Louise Kiffer

  1. Other damages suffered : 2538 churches, 451 monasteries, 1996 schools for 1913-1914, information given by the Patriarchat of Constantinople.
  2. In France they can only smoke in the street. My son goes out to smoke; not in the house. I am glad of that. I wonder how the Turks or Armenians who come to France manage to live free. During the WW2, my grandfather felt very miserable, because they had only very few tobacco. He could not bear that. He went to the garden and took the leaves of rose-tree to smoke.
  3. Louise Kiffer

    ՕՐՕՐ

    Thank you ! there are many more verse. Where can I listen to them ? Հուրք ա թափում վերիցը Ես վառուայ քո սէրիցը Վարդավառին ինձ համար Ձուն բեր գու սարերիցը (Հայ Քնար) Կ Վ
  4. reply to ervonitor. Excuse-me for replying late, I had not seen your letter. Yes the school was called Armash, my mother had great respect to those who had been in that school, as the teachers were priests I think, and the education was very good. One of our neighbours was from Armash. But he arrived in France, like other refugees, he had to do simple jobs. he started as shoemaker. There were several orphanages in Adabazar. My father was named Hrant Sarian, his father Misak Sariyan, they were a rich family. But they had to go to the desert like the others. They lost everything. They were busy with spinning, Adabazar was surrounded by trees of "tut", in armenian, the people went in the woods around to take the leaves... (I cannot explain in English) My mother was from Adabazar too. her father'name was Khoren Halvadjian. Her mother'name was Arusiag Yeremian. She had many brothers and sisters, as her eldest sister had a son the same age of my grandmother, she gave milk to both of them, her son and her little brother. The family of my mother were not sent to the desert, they were in a village of tatars, called "Bolovadin" they stayed there 4 years, under a tent.My grandfather was grocer. When the army of Mustaf Kemal arrived, they had to leave again. They went to Constantinople. They found jobs. The father of my father did not come back from the desert, he had been taken in the army, though ha had paid the 'bedel', they learnt the he died in Syria.
  5. I suppose she had choosen Choisy-le-Roi, because behind the house there was a very great "garden" with very old trees, and in the middle of the garden there was a flower bed with roses,and all around there was grass, we used to play there. Our mothers could see us playing. We did not feel to be in a town.
  6. Louise Kiffer

    ԱՄԱՆՈՐ

    BEST WHISHES TO ALL OF YOU BY WESTERN CALENDAR (gregorian). Long life and good health.
  7. - - - - - - - The Armenian Writer is not worse than other writers. all writers think they are the best ones,they don't like the critics. The best presentation of their work is the one that they have written themselves.
  8. - - - - - - - - - This is very interesting, as I have lived in the house that Noemie Kapamadjan has constructed, not in Vitry-sur-Seine but in CHOISY LE ROI 1bis rue Rouget de Lisle - F.94600 CHOISY LE ROI - The house has been renovated since then, I don't know if it belongs still to AGBU (in French UGAB) Among the lodgers, there is a famous artist, who has made the statue of Komitas Vartabed, in Paris, Place du Canada, where all the Armenians find themselves every year on April 24th. He has also made the statue of William Saroyan in Erevan. In Choisy-le- Roi he has made several statues ("La colombe de la Paix" and may be others that I don't know ) He is called David Yerevantsi, but that not his name. I'll try to find his name and let you know. As to Noemie Kapamadjian, I did not find more information than yours.
  9. In case someone is interested,I translated the article of Lucine Kasbarian in French. I put a comment in Hetq. "I am disapointed that LUCINE KASBARIAN does not give the names of the ingredients in LATIN so that we can find what it was." (all the herbs have a latin name) I liked the article. I knew that Arpa would explain more details about the names. thank you
  10. I have translated in French the poem "alouette" . Please can you give me the birthday of Aksel Vardanian. it if for my blog: http://hezamid.blogspot.com thank you.
  11. Larry Gagossian is one of the most important modern art dealers in the world. He has been classified number 4 among the 10 greatest art dealers. He has just opened a new art gallery in Paris, 4, rue de Ponthieu.Paris 8ème. He is specialist of american modern art.
  12. Do you know that in Armenia there is a Gurdjieff Center which seeks to spread knowledge of Armenian philosopher in his homeland. The center has been founded Margarita Gurdjieff who is the grand daughter of Gurdjieff. The center is situated in the village of Ohanavan; 35 kms N.O. of Yerevan, she is president of Gurdjieff International.(There is also a center in France in Avon near Fontainebleau) They work in Ohanavan the same way as her grand-father. She says: I work using several techniques. First I conduct four individual sessions that take a person to a certain conscious state, after the fourth session, he/she has a dream. When he/she describes the dream, I borrow the mental information from it that reveals the cause of stress. Se is a psychologist. (I read this information in the online "ArmeniaNow" in 2005. I dont't know if it is still working, as she had a problem of money. She also receives patients in the Surp Mariam Astvadzadzin clinic in Yerevan)
  13. Thank you Eddie for your comment. I am glad that Nvart Toumanian has written a hommage to her father, who was so generous. We regret him and will be happy to read more about him.
  14. In Adabazar and the first years that they were in France, my parents used many turkish words, not quite the same, but with little changes,that looked like a dialect. I did not know these words were turkish. But after some years, my father who read "Haratch" the newspaper, directed by Chavarch Missakian, understood that they have to teach good armenian to their children, as the first refugees were very afraid that we loose our language. Then my father did teach us the good armenian words. Now, many young Armenians in France cannot speak armenian at all, just a few words. Because we did not have armenian schools. It is very sad. In the armenian forums,from Armenia, I see they speak Russian. It is not better than French.
  15. My father’s diary My father born in 1901 had started to write his diary at the age of 14, in 1915. I was born in 1925, as I was 75 years old, I translated his diary in French, for my chidren and grand-chidren. I put the translation in French, and the armenian version in my own website : http://choisy.pagesperso-orange.fr/index.htm Now I heard a Turk negationnist has translated my French translation in English, adding a lot of comments to try to proof that there has not been any genocid. (Of course the word genocid did not exist in French at that time.) I suppose this is intended for the Americans and their government. As he writes that I translated only until 1919, but I translated in French until 1923, (It is very interesting for those who like history. But he is just interested by the period 1915-1919.Here is his website : http://www.tallarmeniantale.com/diary-sarian.htm
  16. I have a few poems by VARAND which have been translated by Tatul Sonents, I would like to know about his biography. I know he lives in Iran, and has written and published many poems. thank you
  17. Here are all the ancient books that we have already : http://www.imprescriptible.fr/archives/armenie/index-arm.htm
  18. I had to translate that document this morning. It is from " Adolescents' Union" and one page in Armenian, in which the teenagers said RESPECT to our flag, and promise to revenge... When the booklet will be digitized and on our "imprescriptible" web site, I will give you the URL.
  19. Thank you for this explanation,it is very interesting. The alphabet is the same, and I can read it, that is important. And as Arpa said, I can guess when russian armenian is spoken. In anyway the villages dialects are lost, only a few words are remaining.
  20. - - - - - I am very surprised that Madagascar is the last on the list, because Madagascar was a French colony, at school we learnt everything about it, and many French people used to go there, it was not a poor country like Armenia now. The people went to French schools and they used to speak French. Now they are independant.
  21. Thank you Aratta Kingdom I was pleased to see all these photos. I have never had the chance to go to Armenia.
  22. - - - - - - - - The situation about Artsakh will change, because Aliyev knows he has no chance to get Artsakh now. Artsakh knows that the wheel is turning. To day I read that a symposium of sculpture is in SHUSHI since july 15th until july 29th They have sent me all the photos. May be they will appear on the newspapers, as it is an international symposium organized by Italian artists and ministry of Culture. FIRST HAKOB GYURDJIAN INTERNATIONAL SCULPTURE SYMPOSIUM OF SHUSHI http://www.naregatsi.org/new/shushi/news/news_details.php?news_detail=200 http://armenpress.am/eng/news/658652/ http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/news/74540/ Hakob Gyurjian was a famous sculptor, I have been told.
  23. -------------------- THANK YOU BOGHOS , I KNOW ALL THE STORY OF BANK OTTOMAN. I did not know he died in Geneva. I'll ask a friend about his grave, because on our forum, one person said: the Armenians have heroes who don't have a grave.
×
×
  • Create New...