Sony_Mouse Posted December 26, 2003 Report Share Posted December 26, 2003 (edited) Hello, I'm a musician from Canada but have recently discovered the haunting music of the Duduk. I'm VERY interested in learning to play it but am particularily keen on a certain one. I first heard it while I was watching the "Concert for George Harrison", where Pedro Eustache played a few wonderful solo's with it near the end of the Ravi Shankar portion. If ANYONE here knows WHICH Duduk he was playing (as in, which key) I would be GREATLY appreciative. It is definatly a lower key (most of the instruments I play now are low woodwind), and again, had a haunting tone to it. Thank you very much for your time, any other information you could give me would also be helpful, I've found quite a few sites about the instrument, but unfortunately whithout knowing which duduk he was playing, I have no way of finding which one to purchase. OH, and if anyone has an idea what good reed type and size that would be good to start on, or for that matter, if I can figure out the key of the Duduk, what good duduk, and instructional material would be good to learn on. Thanks again, Sony_Mouse@hotmail.com Edited December 26, 2003 by Sony_Mouse Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MosJan Posted December 26, 2003 Report Share Posted December 26, 2003 HI stop by at http://www.pedroflute.com/ and send him a Email if you can't find him let me kwno i will ask him next time I see him. MOvses Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MosJan Posted December 26, 2003 Report Share Posted December 26, 2003 OH, and if anyone has an idea what good reed type and size that would be good to start on, or for that matter, if I can figure out the key of the Duduk, what good duduk, and instructional material would be good to learn on. Each duduk has it's reed - it will only be in tune if your using a reed made for that duduk. but you can use Soft - Mid - and HArd reed to start you will need to use a soft or mid reed. Hard reeds are way to hard to play for any "beginners". MOvses Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sony_Mouse Posted December 27, 2003 Author Report Share Posted December 27, 2003 Thank you so much, I would never have even thought of asking him personally, but your suggestions has made me brave enough to do (I just sent the e-mail, I'm nervous though lol). oh and thanks for the suggestion of reeds, I'll be sure to keep that in mind when buying. Once last thing though, what brand of Duduk would be good to buy, it will have to be online as I doubt I'll find a maker near me lol. Thanks again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Azat Posted December 27, 2003 Report Share Posted December 27, 2003 Check out www.duduk.com and tell the owner that I sent you. He will give you a good price. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sony_Mouse Posted December 27, 2003 Author Report Share Posted December 27, 2003 THis has to be the friendliest board I think I've ever been on. Just wonderful Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.