6 replies to this topic

#1 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:57 PM

Individual doctors were directly involved in the massacres, having poisoned infants, killed children and issued false certificates of death from natural causes. Nazim's brother-in-law Dr. Tevfik Rushdu, Inspector-General of Health Services, organized the disposal of Armenian corpses with thousands of kilos of lime over six months; he became foreign secretary from 1925 to 1938. The mass murders were witnessed and reported by relief organizations, the Red Cross, war correspondents and diplomats from Austria, Britain, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, and the USA, and were recorded in the post-war newspapers and trial supplements of the official gazette of the Ottoman government. Many doctors were arrested after the war but most of the courts martial were soon dismantled. Only fifteen Turks were ever given death sentences for their part in the massacres, and just three were executed. And when Mehmat Kemal, a sub-district governor, was hanged in April 1919 a crowd which demonstrated in protest consisted largely of students of the medical school of Istanbul University: Kemal is commemorated by a statue in a public square.

*Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, November, 1999, 92:590-593, Genocidal Doctors, by Jeremy Hugh Baron.

Dr. Resid

Even though I am a physician, I cannot ignore my nationhood. I came into this world a Turk. My national identification takes precedence over everything else... Armenian traitors had found a niche for themselves in the bosom of the fatherland; they were dangerous microbes. Isn't it the duty of a doctor to destroy these microbes? Either the Armenians would liquidate the Turks and become proprietors of this land or they would be liquidated by the Turks. I couldn't hesitate as to my opinion, and I opted. My Turkishness prevailed over my medical calling. Of course my conscience is bothering me, but I couldn't see my country disappearing. I shut my eyes and surged forth without reservation. As to historical responsibility I couldn't care less what historians of other nations write about me.

From an interview with Ittihad party Secretary-General Midhat Sukru (Bleda) in "Resimli Tarih" 5 July 1953 and in "İmparatorluğun Çöküşü" (Istanbul: Remzi, 1979), pp.57-9, It is also said that Dr. Resid had a diary in which he recorded with great care the daily events and his reflections. During the war he had published a booklet. "How to Deal with the Armenians" (Jhogovourtee Tzain, 25 January 1919)

A doctor named Aziz Bey told me that when he was at Merzifon in the of vilayet Sivas he heard that a caravan of Armenians was being sent to execution. He went to the kaimakam and said to him: 'You know I am a doctor and there is no difference between doctors and butchers as doctors are mostly occupied in cutting up mankind. And as the duties of a kaimakam at this time are also like our own - cutting up human bodies - I beg you to let me see this surgical operation.' Permission was given, and the doctor went. He found four butchers, each with a long knife; the gendarmes divided the Armenians into parties of ten, and sent them up to the butchers one by one. The butcher told the Armenian to stretch out his neck; he did so, and was slaughtered like a sheep. The doctor was amazed at their steadfastness in the presence of death, not saying a word, or showing any sign of fear.

*Faiz El-Ghusein, Martyred Armenia, pp. 27, 28.

Dr. Salaheddin relates:

... a large number of Armenians succumbed to these inhuman experiments, they hardly contributed to the health of others... No positive results whatsoever were obtained. The unfortunate Armenians, whose existence was relegated to levels lower then animals, were victimised in the name of certain obscure points of science.

*Ikdam, 26 December 1918

Here is the first methodical introduction of gas chambers. A testimony of the gas chambers during the proceedings of the military tribunal was published in the Istanbul Newspaper Renaissance, 27 April 1919.

First we didn't realize what was happening. But one day we heard cries that abruptly ceased and were followed by a deathly silence. We then paid closer attention to what was happening. The baskets at the door of the "disinfection" hall told everything. It appears that Dr. Saib trapped the victims in a chamber equipped with some kind of toxic gas equipment with fatal effects. Those baskets were used elsewhere, such as at the Red Crescent Hospital, then the bodies of the dead or dying were disposed by dumping them in the Black Sea nearby.

The Turkish surgeon, Dr. Haydar Cemal wrote in “Türkce Istanbul, No. 45, 23 December 1918, it was also published in Renaissance, 26 December 1918

What I would like to bring to your attention are the barbarities committed against the Armenians in some fashion through scientific methods. It is against the conscience to allow this question to lapse and to be consigned to oblivion. Thus I would like to submit to the sense of honor and conscience of the members of the Inquiry Commission the facts I personally observed; it is up to them to decide on the measures to adopt against the authors of these misdeeds.

On the order of the Chief Sanitation Office of the IIIrd Army in January 1916, when the spread of typhus was an acute problem, innocent Armenians slated for deportation at Erzican were inoculated with the blood of typhoid fever patients without rendering that blood ‘inactive’. This experiment, suitable only for animals slated for vivisection, resulted in the death of a great number of unfortunate Armenians who were duped into believing that the injection was for remedial purposes. When publishing the results in the Journal of Military Medicine, the honorable Professor simply stated that the subjects were men ‘condemned to death’, without identifying them as Armenians. I personally was a witness of the criminal experiment which the Professor in question inflicted upon people whose sole guilt was that they belonged to the Armenian nation.

…

These atrocities committed against the Armenians were at once administrative and scientific. They constitute a stain for the medical profession. I am ready to furnish details on this affair.

… in the same city of Erzincan there was another series of serum the main purpose of Professor Hamidi Saud's experiments was examining the "differential impacts of the serum on such organs as the heart, brain, liver, etc., for which he used Armenian soldiers [from the Ottoman Army] engaged in labour battalions.

Physician training of the criminals prepared to kill the Armenians. From the Turkish newspaper "Sabah" Nov. 21, 1918:

Did you not drop by every morning at Talât's home to receive your atrocious orders from that brigand chief [çetebaşı]? Did you not, as a result of a decision reached at Ittihad's party headquarters, release from the central prison of Istanbul the most ferocious murderers so that they could kill with axes the innocent Armenians in the vicinity of towns and villages of which they were the inhabitants? Did you not order similar releases from prisons in the provinces? Was it not formation of the brigand criminals taking place in the office of the same procurer-general of the Appellate Court which was located just below your own office? Did not this organizational work continue for weeks during which one could observe the general purpose to select the most bloodthirsty murderers and enroll them in the brigand cadres [of the Special Organization] for which end you appointed the procurer-general of the Appellate Court, whereas [the] War Minister was represented by a high ranking officer? Furthermore, was not a physician appointed also to determine whether the selected convicts would be fit to apply a degree of savagery of killing you required? Were not the prison convicts being brought to the corridors located outside of the offices of the procurer-general, the chamber of the Criminal Court, and the Courtroom itself?

We can see from the other quote that the physician’s examination etc., was part of these trainings. Dr. Resid was known to be one of the head planners of the training of the criminals as well as the use of morphine as tool for killing children, when he used the Red Crescent hospitals as killing places. Cavalry Lieutenant Fadil Harun testified during the same Trabzon trial that Dr. B. Sakir, one of the heads of the planners of the crimes against the Armenians, was acted in the poisoning of children as well as the mass drowning in the Black Sea. The Yozgat trial: "The male and female infants were taken to barges and boats in batches [to be] drowned (bahra ilka etmekle bogdurup mahv ettikleri).”

Dr. Saib (Director of Trabzon’s Health Services) was also implicated on the killings. Dr. Ziya Fuad, the health service inspector during the Trabzon trial sitting, recognised that Dr. Said "caused the death of untold numbers of Armenian children who were injected with morphine." These information’s were provided by Drs. Ragib and Vehib, Saib’s colleagues at Trabzon’s Red Crescent hospital.

For more informations, read Dadrians essay about the issue.

Edited by Fadix, 31 July 2003 - 05:58 PM.

#2 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:02 PM

The best turk is the dead turk!

#3 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 07:45 PM

boooooooooooo

#4 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 08:07 PM

while on the surface this may seem like the best idea, it think slow torture by slowely going insane in a totally isolated, pitch dark, enclosed tiny room is much much more painful than death!! i'm not saying anyone should try to inflict this upon someone else...ANYONE ELSE!!! but death is just passing on to the next level of existence!!

#5 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 08:13 PM

while on the surface this may seem like the best idea, it think slow torture by slowely going insane in a totally isolated, pitch dark, enclosed tiny room is much much more painful than death!! i'm not saying anyone should try to inflict this upon someone else...ANYONE ELSE!!! but death is just passing on to the next level of existence!!

Perhaps it is true, that it is to pass on another level of existance, I mean, a rock exist as well, so as water. Do you mean, just a form or existance, or a form of conscience? The two are compleatly different. I have my new theory about that. I believe what we are does not depend on "us"alone, because I am the observer of myself, but so as anyone that observe me, so my conscience is just the product of this observation, and I will exist as long as I am observed or/and observe or/and given the possibility to observe(that one is linked to multi-universe)

OK! I am changing the subject of this whole thread, but I just wondered what you meant. Do you want to start a thread on another section?

#6 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:57 PM

what i meant was that death is perhaps not as bad as the pain of being cut off from the entire world and be deprived of any sensory perception...where time and space seem to stop!!! and you feel like you're going insane! and losing your mind!--it can happen!! oh yes!! it can!!! ---they've observed people hallucinate and become disoriented and really 'messed up' from prolonged lack of sleep!! (i mean a whole week or so without ANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!sleep whatsoever!)---and there have been studies done where people were put into isolated rooms and absolutely not provided with any sensory stimulation (no seeing, no hearing, no touching, no smelling)..just some food and water for a few minutes each day (not for torture purposes! but research!) and they noticed that these people started to become confused, depressed, disoriented...etc.
---- and what you said there about consciousness, i agree with! there is no 'reality' or 'objectivity'...only perception! so, basically if you start telling yourself certain things about yourself or other people or the world, not only will you start believing it over time, but you will invoke and manifest that 'reality' (whatever it may be) into consciousness!!!---it's quite a powerful phenomenon! and it can either be put to good use and help the world, ....or it can turn into a nightmare....as seen in history!!! the choice is ours!!

#7 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 09:59 PM

All I'm saying is that the World would be better off if there are no turks on Earth. I agree that the method and means could be subject of discussion. One way is production of poisonous can food with proud display “Made in Turkey”, or beverage that is commonly used by turks, like water (I know that very few of them drink anything else for their Allah will punish them:)))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users