My cousin is dating other race!!!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2000 - 09:41 AM

You know I feel disappointed. I can't really put my finger on any one reason, but overall, disappointed. Disappointed that armenian men would resort to violence (of any kind!) as a means of dealing with a rebellious girl, disappointed that we keep our girls under such close scrutiny and disappointed that when they escape, we ostracize them so severely, disappointed that we can't handle dissenting opinions, just plain disappointed.

and yes, Raffi jan, believe it...our "noble nation" CAN be that ignorant and barbaric.

Saddened,
Gayane

#22 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2000 - 09:56 AM

Oops! Just realized that I meant to post my previous message in the other tread.

Just have one "suggestion" for this tread directed to the "angry man." If your cousin's dating of a guy of another race is so insulting to your "honor," why not to consider a suicide as a cleansing measure of protest, so that to free your family from the "unimaginable insult she has brought upon them?"

Just kidding

#23 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2000 - 11:47 PM

RaffiAharonian BArekam im > indz jisht haskatsek- yerb 4 amsva @edhatskum tasnyak angamner nuyn mard@ tarber andzats het / tarber temaneri shurj / xosaktsutyun@ vijabanutyan e hasnum yev vor@ verchanum e irar tarber tesaki anuner yev HAyhoyank urrelov, chem kartsum hajeli e voch indz yev voch el myusneri hamar.
Yerb Garon stipvats e 2 shabatva @entatskum 10 aveli tarber POST`er@ jnjel , voronk pativ chen berum voch mez yev voch el azgin Hayots. yev verchum kochvelu Stalinyan- sharj u dzev unetsor mek @?

de hima asa tesnem um merrkn e yev inch imast uni iys andznavorutyan@ 12rd angam hnaravoru talu vorpesi normal xosaktsutyun vary iyster .
Yurakanshurs mer Garapar@ yev aprelakerp@ unenk , yev petqe Karoranank Normal Mardkayin xosaktsutyun varelu , vijamanutyun kareli e inchu che CHAPI SAHMANERUM , yev voch iyn astijan vor stipvats linen ir gratsner@ jnjelu .

1 kam 2 angam vojabanutyun unenal@ patahakanutyun e sakayn iys depkum sovorutyun "xasyat"

kaseyi artaratsy es indz merradrelu mej sakayn barekam im iren arten isk bazmits@s angamner zgushatsvats e vor yete hajord angam sa patahi arants iylyev-iylutyan durs enk hanelu .

barekam im merradrenknert urrir jisht urrutyamb.
Movses

#24 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2000 - 11:58 PM

Mj - Barev
>>> Why not to try not to fail in this forum, by first disciplining ourselves, and next by providing discipline, as well as basic education of soul and spirit here? Why not to have a rule of three strikes, i.e. if somebody insults somebody else first time, to bring to his/her attention that it is intolerable for this forum. When it happens the second time, give him/here a warning on termination. Third time - to terminate the membership without any other explanations. Something like this... <<-

Three strikes steve has 12 Strikes Garo has been asking him to be nice to the others for long time .
Hamamit em jamanak ar jamank bolors el mer emotsyaner@ rekavarel chenk karror Hye enk che Taqaryun yev misht vstah vor jisht enk mek yev miyayn menk
sakayn Norma goyutyun uni . yev da voch miyayn indz hamar e iyl boloris.
yes inks jamank ar jamanak chem masnaktsum tarber " topic"` neri chnayats vro kuzeyi im xosks asel , patjar@? iyn e vor cheyi tsankana vojabanutyan brnevel iys yev kam iyn andznavorutyan het .
mi dzerki vra 5 mat ka amen mek@ myusits tarber el ur mnats ashxarhi 4 ankyunerits yev tarber dastirakutyun yev tarber hasarakargi mardik heshtutyamb karoranan mi HAytarari gal.
Movses

#25 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2000 - 12:41 PM

Dear Movses,

I completely agree with you, and to the contrary, I advocate enforcing the norms of ethics more vigorously, and with all of the members. I, personally, have no problem with the diversity of opinions. As you mention, where there are two Armenians, there are three and half opinions.

I just propose that nobody insults other members and, also other nations, no matter how wrong they may be in his/her view, nobody feels he/she is entitled to speaking on behalf of the Armenian nation, nobody insults the entire Armenian nation, nobody generalizes on the level of "Armenian women" or "Armenian men," and so on. I just think that these incidents are going to talk place over and over, unless certain rules are vigorously enforced.

In the case of Steve, as you know, I have argued with him lately, and have invited him not to make sweeping generalizations. But nevertheless, I think he is a good man, he is a good thinker, just has to learn to restrain his frustrations, and not to take them on an entire nation. He also has to understand that it is up to him to feel part of us, and there are a lot more issues that the “full breed” members of the forum disagree with each other, then with “half breed” members. But I think some youngsters violate the norms in more gross manner. As a rule, they put themselves in a position of determining who does have the right to be called Armenian or Christian, and who does not have that right, or what overwhelming morality one has to be guided by or not.

On the other hand, I think it is difficult to lead a forum like this, and I understand you. The democracy is a difficult thing, especially for nations who don’t have much experience in it. I could make one comment related to the American culture. According to the overwhelming majority of the Western movies, the old days American cowboys used to go to taverns, drink and fight, a lot. All of them had a norm – use your feasts in the worst case, even though you have a six-shut revolver on your side. You draw your revolver only to save your life, in which case you are not found to be guilty. But when you draw your gun, when the other party doesn’t threaten your life – it is your fault. I hope some of us may learn these types of rules.

Let all of us have more patience and tolerate each other’s mistakes. After all, we all make mistakes.

If Steve would’ve been around, he would’ve urged me to zip my “preachy” mouth, I guess

#26 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2000 - 01:25 PM

I'm 17/m and stuck in Wisconsin. Hook it up. just kidding...... ARMENIANS SHOULD ONLY DATE ARMENIANS. NO MORE ODAR BLOOD.

#27 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2000 - 01:45 PM

an Angry Armenian has dissapeared probably he's already in prison for killing that Asian guy and "talking" to his sister. Man, you had to be more careful, anyway if the judge is an Armenian and anything like me then, he will understand

Joke.
www.artur2000.com

#28 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2000 - 02:39 PM

Richard,

Your age and sex, as well as the location were obvious. It was also obvious that you have a problem getting laid. But don’t worry, and just polish your manners. It will come Just kidding.

By the way, you have a habbit of capitalizing your sentences. Why are you yielling at the forum? We try our best not to increase our voice, here...

#29 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2000 - 08:22 PM

Dear OAA,

You can apply this option as well, if your sister and her date are still around: you can officially reject her being your sister. No sister, no trouble.

#30 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2000 - 01:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Artur:
I can't even imagine my sister going out with someone. Thanks God!

With SOMEONE ?!?!?!?! Hmmm ... Are we to assume that you sister is going to become a NUN???

Expecting an answer ~ Aneta

#31 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2000 - 02:01 AM

Dear HyeForum Members !!!

This is my point of view on the subject.

I, myself, think that Armenians should do their best to marry within the race and preserve the roots, the blood and the culture. But I also realise that I have no authority whatsoever to press this view of mine on ANYBODY (be it my sister, cousin, friend, etc.). I will not refrain from telling him/her exactly how I feel and give him/her the best advise I can ... BUT I will never allow myself to interfere in her/his personal decisions OR dissown her/him for the way he/she lives his/her life. I will only end up losing someone dear. That is what I have seen happen.

A

[This message has been edited by Sulamita (edited October 03, 2000).]

#32 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2000 - 02:38 AM

First of all, there will be one guy for my sister, whom if i agree, she will go out! Second, there will never be boyfriends or whatsoever before the marriage... the topic like that makes feel very bad... if i only imagine my sister going out with someone, this only makes feel bad, it has to be very sirous man, who is very sirous about relations with my sister!!! If not then I swear to GOD, i would kill him but very slowly, so he can suffer a lot!!! ::))) I will take the sins on me, but i will never allow anybody to use my sister!!!!! That's it!

Second, Girls ussually don't give advices to guys what to do, even though you are older than your brothers, so just leave "her" (not her/his) in your last posting.

Aneta jan, i feel very uncomfortable to argue subjects like that with armenian girls, our priority is to protect girls and to love you and make sure there will never be bad moments in your life, and yours is to be honest and dedicated to the only man, and to know how to cook of course ::))

Artur
www.artur2000.com

#33 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2000 - 04:21 AM

Artur jan, it looks like its time for you to get married!!!!!
You and Aneta would be such a lovely couple
(if she agrees of course!)

#34 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2000 - 06:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nvard:
Artur jan, it looks like its time for you to get married!!!!!
You and Aneta would be such a lovely couple
(if she agrees of course!)

Ti chto izdevaeshsya? Da ona luchshe za kakogo nibud' Turka zamugh viydet, chem za menya! : ))
V ee glazax xughe armyana,chem ya, bid' ne moghet : ))))

[This message has been edited by Artur (edited October 03, 2000).]

#35 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2000 - 09:07 AM

Artur jan ?
es inch hashiva ? es arten menk el enk qrfelov xosum ?
Niporyadno eto Maladoy chelavek !!!

#36 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2000 - 09:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MosJan:
Artur jan ?
es inch hashiva ? es arten menk el enk qrfelov xosum ?
Niporyadno eto Maladoy chelavek !!!

????????
When did I swear??? You confusing my friend, i don't swear in the presence of Armenian girls!
Learn the russian first!!!

#37 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2000 - 01:03 PM

Raffia and Gayanne

THANKYOU. You have taken the words right out of my mouth.

I have said this before and I will say it again. I feel nothing but absolute PRIDE and happiness about my armenian roots, about all of me. I think anyone with a drop of armenian blood can feel this, because, putting it simply, we are special.

But not so special for us, or ANYONE to be so special, to to hate races and cultures different to our own. Especially making threats of violence and killing online!!!???!!! I find that really quite scary they are being kept! Not only will people coming to the site get a bad impression of armenians , but I think that is dangerous considering all the racial murders going on all around the world.

Raffia, I know the internet is a phenominal and amazingly important inventon. Without it so many people would not even be able to communicate to each other. But with so much good inevitably there has to come an evil side. I dont know if anyone knows of the nailbombings that have have happenned in Soho, London? They were against certain communities and planted by a neo nazi called David Copeland. Two men and a newlywed bride were killed. How very tragic. Where did he find all the information to make the bombs? The internet.

Back on the subject I think it's time , that people just LEFT EACH OTHER ALONE. Stop trying to control people and let them live their lives. But some people dont want to listen.

Everyone has the right to choose and control their own lives. Whether you are a big brother or not, (I can understand the protection you feel: I have a big brother myself AND a ltlle sister an cousins) he loves me dearlyand would do anything to protet me but come on???? He would never even DREAM of even telling me who to see! !

And I wonder. Some say they would hate their little sisters to go out with anyone before marriage but it makes me wonder: do you really want to look out for her best interests or is it that you really want to control her? And who is to say her future husband will not marry her and then later on use her through the marriage. Perhaps I am wrong mabye i dont know what i am talking about. But then , perhaps not.

Sulamita,
I like the message you put here. Although I dissagree with your veiw not to mix I think it is big of you to know it would be wrong to enforce your opinions on loved ones. You are very smart.

In an way I can see what you are saying. I think there is nothing wrong with mixing but I beleive if you ARE going to it has to be a VERY stable marriage and background, and that both parents have to be there for the children and set positive examples from both cultures. That is what I should do in anycase.

C yas

Kazz

#38 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2000 - 01:51 PM

Kazza, i don't even know if you are a girl or a guy. But, anyway, i am really tired to explain the things again and again to people who have the western mentality and think of the world in different way. Man, control, is not the word, i really care about my sister, I really love my sister, and she does not need to be explained about life, she knows everything by herself. I just don't want anybody make my sister unhappy in this world, if anyone does, then this person should not leave on this planet!
I am living in the family, where elders are always right, all my cousin sister brothers they all grown in this holy traditional way. We always want the best for them. Word control: i don't need that, i am her elder brother and she shows big respect to me.
Leaving thier lives? I think it is duty for every elder brother to make sure that his sister don't get into trouble or have some problems! Thus, there will never be problems before her marriage, and she knows that her brother is here to protect from all the worst in this world!

If you give too much freedom to kids, one day when you will try to reject something, trying to help them, they will say to you: Father or brother! I have my own life, and who are you to tell me what to do, this is my life!
And this is the worst thing that can happen: no respect to elders. Sorry, but that's what the outcome is.

Artur
www.artur2000.com

#39 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2000 - 02:18 PM

I think the only way of avoiding making controversial and sweeping statements in such sensitive issues might be a little bit narrowing down the scope of the statements.

For example, if one thinks that it is wrong to marry a representative of another races, he/she may say, "I think it is wrong, and I will never marry another race," and who can force him/her to do the opposite? Similarly, if another person wants to marry or date another race, who has the authority to stop him/her?

After all, why even to argue about these personal subjects. Everybody may marry and date according to his/her heart and beliefs. As far as I understand, nobody in this forum is asking permission or advice, except perhaps the One Angry Armenian , who may one marry or date.

For the sake of the statement, so to say, if I would decide to marry a Turk or an Eskimos, I will not ask for an advice or permission. And would I care what another pseudo-moralist might think or say?

Why to make-up a problem first, and then to debate its solution?

#40 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2000 - 10:58 PM

I can't get if we're debating morals or race mixture.

So, this is my point of view on race mixture:

I am a citizen of Armenia. "Armenian" is my nationality, ethnic name and it is also my "trademark". The company, which produced "me" is Armenia. Our company has copyrights on "me" so you can't duplicate or distribute "me" without asking permision. The illegitimate production of "me" is prosecuted by ethnic law.

I think the marrige between Armenians and Indo-Europeans is legitimate by our ethnic law, beacause we are also Indo-Europeans and in this case our company is making profit. Marriges with other races change the original product of our company, they change its essence, identification, chracteristics, as well as marketing opportunities.

I have right to protect the rights of my company.

Berj
Distilled and Bottled in Armenia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users