- - - - -

Black Elk visits Armenia

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2000 - 09:51 PM

(Here I go with more synthesis of my Armenian and Indigenous blood, bear with me people!) Black Elk was an Oglala Sioux holy man who had prophetic visions of the Wounded Knee massacre by the United States Army, when they mercilessly butchered Sioux who would not settle in a reservation. Black Elk eventually traveled throughout Europe at the turn of the century and met Queen Victoria. What if he visited Armenia? Here is what I think he would have recounted.

These Wasichus (White people) are different from the ones we usually encounter. Some of them have skin that is a little darker, many have dark hair like us, but sometimes it is wooly, almost like the Black Wasichus (Ironically what the Sioux called Black soldiers they saw). They have large noses, very large like the great Eagle.

Their chief ( an important baron of a village?) invited me to a great feast. They began to roast a great deal of meat. Their was bird of some kind, and a strange meat that my translator said is sheep. After our feast they began to pound on drums. These Wasichus use their hands when they play drums, I asked the chief why they didn't use sticks like we do, he replied it was their tradition. I wasn't sure if this was a ceremony to their gods or a war path song. The chief told me they had enemies called Turks. I asked my translator what the Turks were like, did they look very different from these Armenians? It turns out they look very similar, but believe in different gods. I don't see how this can be, as we believe there is only one Great Spirit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users