7 replies to this topic

#1 HOB

HOB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 08:42 AM

Sireli hayrenakicner,

Ktsankanai nerkayacnel Soghomon Tehliriani datavarutyan pastatkhtere, voronk nerkayacvel en Armin Wegneri koghmic.
--------------------------------

ARMIN WEGNER

1886-1978

German poet and anti-fascist writer.

In April, 1915 as a member of German Sanitary Corpse he was sent to Ottoman Turkey, where he witnessed the genocide of Armenians in Turkey. He took photographs of the tragic events some of which he later managed to send to Germany and the United States.
--------------------------------

->>THE LINK TO FULL TEXT<<--

---------------------------------

Source: "The case of Soghomon Tehlirian" by A.R.F. Varantian Gomideh. Translated from German by Vartkes Yeghiyan
Scanned by: Raffi Kojian ( Cilicia.com )
OCR: Raffi Kojian ( Cilicia.com )
Proofreading: Karen Vrtanesyan

Special thanks to Mr. Arman Galstyan for historical consultations

This text is provided by Mr. Raffi Kojian for ArmenianHouse.org Electronic Library only. If you have any questions regarding this text you can find his contacts at his web site www.cilicia.com

#2 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 07:23 PM

There is a mistake in your site.

"l’Arménie et le Proche Orient" has not been published in 1923, but 1928. I have seen this mistake many times in the past, and in many other Armenian sources, it has been mixed as well with the other version which was "Djenem Armenia," all those dates have probably being misprinted later by whom I don't know.

Please correct it, such a false information would discredit the work, because there is things in the work which he talks about that happened after 1923.

Regards

#3 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 08:07 PM

ANother thing I forgot to tell. I think this site you presented is the best about the subject that exist, it took times and energy to translate those works into Russian, if it was translated by you guys. Very good job.

Still, I have a very important critic to make. :) All this energy is wasted in part with the limited audience it will get, because it is in Russian in the majority of cases. For example, the work which I refered above has been translated from the French version, why not leaving it in its French version as well? Ah and, there is its English version that already exist(curiously I have refered to the work just recently(in my thread about Armenian assets)).

Oh and, are you the author of the site? I want to be sure, before PMing you, I have an interesting proposition which both of us could win something from. :-)

#4 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 09:08 PM

Oh and, are you the author of the site? I want to be sure, before PMing you, I have an interesting proposition which both of us could win something from. :-)

Why? What's so special about PM? Just PM and ask since HOB may not check here too often.

#5 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 09:31 PM

Why? What's so special about PM? Just PM and ask since HOB may not check here too often.

Sip, yeah! But don't you think that before PMing someone about something, I should be sure that I am PMing the right guy. :)

#6 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 01:00 PM

Sip, yeah! But don't you think that before PMing someone about something, I should be sure that I am PMing the right guy. :)

I am such a stupidum, of course, you probably meant, me PMing him to ask that question, rather then posting it here.

#7 HOB

HOB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 05:35 AM

Domino jan,

I'll ask Karen Vrtanesyan who's the author of ArmenianHouse Library, to get in touch with you.

#8 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,717 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 09:10 AM

Public Radio of Armenia
Jan 19 2021

City in Cyprus renames Talaat Pasha Street at the request of Armenian community

City in Cyprus renames Talaat Pasha Street at the request of Armenian community – Public Radio of Armenia

The Municipal Council of Paphos, Cyprus, has renamed the Talaat Pasha Street into Street of Justice after examining requests from the Armenian and Pontian Greek communities.

Given the leading role of Talaat Pasha in the planning and execution of the genocides of Armenians and Pontian Greeks, and aware of the weight of its responsibility before the present and future generations, the Council, unanimously decided to remove the name of Talaat Pasha from a street name and rename it into Street of Justice by a majority vote.

The Council thus sends a strong message to the local community and the international community that people who committed genocide have no place in the bright pages of history.

“The struggle we are waging for justice in Cyprus is an element that must unite Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots at this historic juncture. It is noteworthy that there are many Turkish and Turkish Cypriot intellectuals and progressives who also describe Talaat Pasha as a horrible politician and a ruthless man,” reads a post on the Municipality’s Facebook page.

Talaat Pasha (1874-1921) served as Minister of the Interior of the Ottoman Empire and ordered the deportation and slaughter of minorities, mainly Armenians and Greeks. He was assassinated in 1921 by Armenian Soghomon Teilirian in Germany, where he had escaped in 1918.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users