Forum Help.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Emilio Pucci, Guy Laroche, Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Israeli Krav Maga, Nature, Sports, Coins, Franz Marc

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:19 PM

I am constructing a forum and I was wondering if you guys could help me out a little. Can I, in any way, change the address or domain or do I have to stick with what I get??? I'm just curious because I tried to change it but nothing worked.

#2 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Emilio Pucci, Guy Laroche, Judo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Israeli Krav Maga, Nature, Sports, Coins, Franz Marc

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:53 PM

Never mind...I got it. Sorry. smile.gif

#3 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:21 PM

what forum are you making?

#4 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:52 PM

Well, I'm making one for a few friends so I wanted it to be easy for them to find the place. They're very 'artsy' but...I really like that. biggrin.gif

I'm also going to try and make another one for my favorite sports but only if I have enough time.

#5 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:36 PM

You should ask yourself if you really want to have your domain. There are many free forum hosts, with the software already installed and ready to be used by you.

#6 Zara

Zara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (DominO @ Jan 22 2008, 07:36 PM)
You should ask yourself if you really want to have your domain. There are many free forum hosts, with the software already installed and ready to be used by you.

Thanks. smile.gif I actually did think about it after looking around a little. I tried out phpbb, ning, google groups, and a few other places to see what seemed the most 'convenient' and easy to manage. I know who's going to use the place so I don't want something super complicated with tons of options in the administrators section. I actually like Ning a lot but I need to put it to the test and see what it can do for me. smile.gif

#7 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:17 PM

if you dont want to spend money i guess phpbb and simple machines would be best, otherwise i would say use vbulletin.

#8 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:43 AM

I've been usin xmbforum for a few years. It uses mySql ... it's really simple and works well.

#9 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (Sip @ Jan 23 2008, 06:43 PM)
I've been usin xmbforum for a few years. It uses mySql ... it's really simple and works well.

i think every forum uses mysql...you run a forum sip?

#10 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:01 AM

Yah I've run a few (some for friends etc) ... but the main one I set up for myself and my friends to share all the crap we send each other (no more emails) and also when we are planning trips and get togethers and stuff. We started as a yahoo group many many years ago but then at some point switched to a little forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users