• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Proud EXPAT

Proud EXPAT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:39 AM

Who do you guys consider to be the most romantic Armenian poet?

#2 vartahoor

vartahoor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE(Proud EXPAT @ Jan 9 2007, 07:39 AM) View Post

None other than Avetik Isahakian.
vartahoor

#3 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:33 PM

how about Vahan Terian, or Daniel Varujan, Petros Durian, Misak Metsarents, Siamanto, Yegishe Chrents, Sayat Nova, Paruyr Sevak............. pardon me, but list is waaaay to long

PS. no Offence to great poet Avetiq Isahakian
  • onjig likes this

#4 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE(Edward @ Jan 10 2007, 12:33 AM) View Post
how about Vahan Terian, or Daniel Varujan, Petros Durian, Misak Metsarents, Siamanto, Yegishe Chrents, Sayat Nova, Paruyr Sevak............. pardon me, but list is waaaay to long

HEAR!!..HEAR!!!!!!!

How about Taniel Varoujan's ' ՀՈՎԻՎԸ' where he explains and gives the exact lifestyle of the Armenian villages, how they lived, how they dreamed, how the Armenian people put a great deal of emphasis on the family and the roles of the family; respecting and loving their elders and as role models, explaining about the ' դոնրատուն and its warmth and connecting it to the warmth of the house, the family and the togetherness. Then also then he is abhorred by the vicious and the barbaric enemy, which has been and still is the bloody turks. Oh it is soooo very beautiful and ROMANTIC beyond explanations.

And how about Siamanto's ԿՈՎԿԱՍ and the ԴԱՒԱՃԱՆՆԵՐ as well as the ԿԱԽԱՂԱՆՆԵՐՈՒ ԿԱՏԱՐԷՆ where he speaks and gives the exact descriptions of the bloody turks and our our people's terrible situations. And again how about when he revolts and shows our brave men of arms in ՍՈՒՐԻՍ ԿԱՅԾԵՐՈՒՆ ԱՌՉԵՒ.

And how about Avedis Aharonian's ԻՄ ԳԻՐՔԸ. Oh I can't imagine any writings as beautifully written and as romantic as that. I simply loooove that book beyond any explanations and dreams.

In short I fully agree with you dear Ed. They are simply too many to limit it to one particular poet or a writer. Our vast history of wonderful, simply wonderful creators are the true and the actual evidence of your true statement.

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 10 January 2007 - 08:41 AM.

• onjig likes this

#5 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(Proud EXPAT @ Jan 9 2007, 03:39 PM) View Post

I know I am being silly.
Correct me if I’m wrong.
To me the above question is; Which poet is romantic. Which poet stirs your emotion, makes you cry, makes you melancholy, and puts you in a romantic mood, ready for romance.
Yet. Allow me to digress and become more “realistic” and technical.
Literature in general, more so the art of poetry, internationally as well as Armenian has gone through several styles/genres. First there was the classical/dasakan, then came the romantic/vipayin/vipakan followed by realism/irapasht.
In Armenian poesy it is very hard to draw a straight line.
Narekatsi was a classic, Peshiktashlian, Nalpantian and Patkanian were true romantics, then came the likes of Tourian and Metsarents who vacsillated in between, not to mention Abovian and Terian. Then came the likes of Varuzhan and Siamanto whom we acknowledge to be realists. Were thy really? Read them again and see where the line is. See Varuzhan’s romantic "Hatsin Erg@" and his realist “Hetanos Erger”. Siamanto’s romantic and nostalgic “Navasartian Aghotq ar Ditsouhin Anahit” and his graphically realistic “Kheghtamah@” and or "Par@".
Are Charents and Sevak romantic or realist?
Yet there is one more genre, whatever it may mean- surrealist/gerirabasht, which is not new. Ask John of the “Revelation” fame and he will tell your about poetry created under the influence of “ganeb/cannabis, with flying chariots on fire and four horsemen.

Edited by Arpa, 10 January 2007 - 11:37 AM.

#6 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Jan 10 2007, 12:27 PM) View Post
I know I am being silly.
Correct me if I’m wrong.
To me the above question is; Which poet is romantic. Which poet stirs your emotion, makes you cry, makes you melancholy, and puts you in a romantic mood, ready for romance.
Yet. Allow me to digress and become more “realistic” and technical.
Literature in general, more so the art of poetry, internationally as well as Armenian has gone through several styles/genres. First there was the classical/dasakan, then came the romantic/vipayin/vipakan followed by realism/irapasht.
In Armenian poesy it is very hard to draw a straight line.
Narekatsi was a classic, Peshiktashlian, Nalpantian and Patkanian were true romantics, then came the likes of Tourian and Metsarents who vacsillated in between, not to mention Abovian and Terian. Then came the likes of Varuzhan and Siamanto whom we acknowledge to be realists. Were thy really? Read them again and see where the line is. See Varuzhan’s romantic "Hatsin Erg@" and his realist “Hetanos Erger”. Siamanto’s romantic and nostalgic “Navasartian Aghotq ar Ditsouhin Anahit” and his graphically realistic “Kheghtamah@” and or "Par@".
Are Charents and Sevak romantic or realist?
Yet there is one more genre, whatever it may mean- surrealist/gerirabasht, which is not new. Ask John of the “Revelation” fame and he will tell your about poetry created under the influence of “ganeb/cannabis, with flying chariots on fire and four horsemen.

You have graded Arpa; but you haven't swayed from the subject matter. As a matter of fact we should thank you for giving us the realistic and the technical հոլովումը of the sequence of our great and main poets, writers and in short; creators of our very important era.

Some of them I knew; yet I have forgotten and you have just reminded me. Though it is very true that to each individual "Romanticism" tends to be relative and very subjective, but it's also good to be reminded of the realistic sequence of our great writers.

#7 Louise Kiffer

Louise Kiffer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

PS. no Offence to great poet Avetiq Isahakian

- - - - -

I like most Misak Medzarents. Does anybody know "acasiain shookin dag" I should like to have it in armenian.
Maybe it is a song, I don't know

#8 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

- - - - -

I like most Misak Medzarents. Does anybody know "acasiain shookin dag" I should like to have it in armenian.
Maybe it is a song, I don't know

Is this it?

ԱՔԱՍԻԱՆԵՐՈՒ ՇՈՒՔԻՆ ՏԱԿ

Միսաք Մեծարենց

Ծաղիկներէն յուշիկ թերթեր կը թափէ
Բուրումներով օծուն հովիկն իրիկուան,
Հոգիներուն կ'իջնէ երազ մը բուրեան,
Ի՜նչ հեշտին է մըթնշաղն այս սատափէ։

Աքասիաներ, գինով լոյսէ ու տապէ,
Օրօրուելով մաքուր շունչ մը կը հեւան.
Մինչ կը ձիւնէ ծաղիկն իրենց հոտեւան՝
Զոր խօլաբար հովը գրկել կը շտապէ։

Ու լոյսն անոնց, անխօս հուրի՛ դիւթական
Հըմայագեղ ու վարսքերով արծաթէ,
Շատրըւանին կ'իջնէ գուռին մէջ կաթէ։

Ջուրը ցայտքէն ծաղիկ ծաղիկ կը կաթէ.
Վըճիտ, ինչպէս լոյսէ արցունքը մանկան,
Նըւագն անոր կը հեծեծէ հեշտական։

Ծաղիկներէն հովը թերթեր կը թափէ...։

I cannot find another word for that thorny shrub Acacia.
http://upload.wikime...ggii_thorns.jpg

Posted Image

Also this;
http://www.coloradoc...ree Picture.jpg

Edited by Arpa, 20 August 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#9 Louise Kiffer

Louise Kiffer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:13 AM

Ah dear Arpa, thank you very very much for the poem in armenian.
I am so happy to see you back on this forum.
I shall look what kind or acacia is your picture, I have received for my birhtday 'La grande flore" de Gaston Bonnier - en 5 volumes !
with the names in latin, French, English and German.

Best wishes.
Louise

#10 Louise Kiffer

Louise Kiffer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

Ah dear Arpa, thank you very very much for the poem in armenian.
I am so happy to see you back on this forum.
I shall look what kind or acacia is your picture, I have received for my birhtday 'La grande flore" de Gaston Bonnier - en 5 volumes !
with the names in latin, French, English and German.

Best wishes.
Louise

----------------- ---
I looked at the picture you put of the thorny acacia, that is the real acacia which is caled "acacia" in latin.
The acacias hier are 'pseudo-acacia' we call them acacia but the name in latin is robinia (robinier faux acacia in French)
they have not thorns)

I have translated Misak Medzarents poem in French:

A L’ OMBRE DES ACACIAS

Le petit vent du soir fait tomber doucement
Les pétales des fleurs imprégnés de parfum.
Sur les âmes descend un rêve de senteurs,
Comme il est agréable ce crépuscule nacré !

Les acacias, ivres de lumière et de chaleur,
Répandent en ondulant un air pur et limpide,
Tandis que tombent en neige les fleurs parfumées
Que tente d’embrasser le vent si empressé.

Et leur lumière, fée séduisante et muette,
Divine beauté aux cheveux argentés,
Descend dans l’enceinte de la fontaine lactée.

L’eau tombe goutte à goutte de fleur en fleur,
Limpide comme une larme lumineuse d’enfant ;
Sa mélodie sanglote, délicieusement.

Le vent du soir verse les pétales des fleurs.

Missak MEDZARENTS (1868-1908)

Traduction Louise Kiffer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users