• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gevo

gevo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:09 AM

I just noticed this thread, so here we go. I took all of the pictures with a digital camara, i regret greatly tht i Did not take my 35mm wide angle lens camara with B&W film. These are pretty decent though.

Noravank, my personal favorit. Most beautiful yet simple architecture I saw in Armenia.

I was in the metro, and could not help but be sad for all of the people with such bereaved expressions.

Taken at day-break, from village in Artashat.. formerly known as Yuva.

Taken from the ruins of erebuni, above the museum

This mountain trully is, in an unfilling way, powerful from all angles.

The Mother Church, St. Grigor the Illuminator Church. As I was walking to its entrance on the other side, I looked up just in time to see the Crosses lined up as they aein the picture, I was amazed at how I have never seen this angle in any pictures before, I thought it was magnificant.

I had th pleasure of driving this vehicle, i call it a pleasure because at how rare such a chance is; to feel the sorrows, the shortcomings of one who struggles for the very food he feeds to his family.

This is saxmosavank. I regret that i did not take a picture of its outside walls closeup; the bullet holles, braught the fighting of our ancestors all to vividly to the eyes of my imagination. When you stand there and allo this feeling to come, and deeply think about the past of our ancestors, you simply feel proud of your homeland. Only later for the feeling to be shattered by all the caos you see in teh government, and how people litter without thought.

How could one pass by such a homely scene and not commit it to memory, and share.

I took over 1,000 pictures at Armenia and over 5 hours of video in the 21 days i was there.

#2 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:51 PM

nice pics Gevo.

Welcome back to HyeForum

#3 gevo

gevo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:58 AM

I saw a religion topic, I couldn't resist.. I never really left.

Thank you for the welcome.

#4 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:38 AM

Thanks for sharing your pictures gevo smile.gif nice to have you back.

#5 Pazeh

Pazeh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:29 PM

Very Nice smile.gif whats your cam?

#6 Lev7

Lev7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 08:53 PM

awesome pictures smile.gif

#7 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:15 AM

Winter humor pictures from Yerevan:)

The disputed sculpture of composer Arno Babadjanian. The guy is targeting the building with a snow ball:)

Karabala saling snow:)

#8 gevo

gevo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:23 PM

This guy's nose was horribly disgusting, and an unfair exageration.. overal, an ugly statue.

Pazeh, I used a Kodak 3.2 MP. The picture quality is amazing for the price and specifications. Particularly when printing photos below 5X8 dimensioning.

Glad you guys enjoyed the pictures.

Edited by gevo, 07 February 2006 - 09:25 PM.

#9 Hayastanci

Hayastanci

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 12:52 AM

I will be going to Armenia in August this year staying for 4weeks.......... so hopefully it should be good fun.

havn't been back Since 1996.........

#10 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE(Hayastanci @ Feb 12 2006, 01:52 AM)  
I will be going to Armenia in August this year staying for 4weeks.......... so hopefully it should be good fun.

havn't been back Since 1996.........

And where are you now?
Welcome to HF smile.gif

#11 gevo

gevo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 12:48 PM

Here are a couple of more pictures. I really enjoyed Cascad. Ofcourse it was only half way complete in July of '05, but regardless. The dimensions are enormous, the colors are beautiful. Its an awesome landmark.

Looking down from about 100 steps up

The only thing i found odd wbout it was the statue at the top. Somehow I managed not to take a picture of it, but it was of a bear like creature, naked, male parts and all.. extremely ugly and awkwardly placed. Did not belong. But, luckily you can not see that until you are completely at the top.

#12 Sako_Aper

Sako_Aper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling and motocross.

Posted 29 October 2006 - 02:23 PM

I took a picture of that bear like creature you speak of. I agree, it should not be there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users