• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 01 February 2004 - 06:44 PM

As usual, me being the music freak i am, i baught a few new cd's the other day...although i have a wide range of tastes in music, i still get bored too soon, i was wondering if any of you guys have ideas or suggestions on whats hot nowadays, whats cool,...something out of the ordinary, something that isnt very popular but you like and think its cool...i feel like i need to broaden my horizons once more...here are a few of the things i listen to already....

metallica, korn, alotta dance music/trance/electronica....some rand b and rap, pop,..alot of rock and heavy metal....system, incibus, good charlotte, limp bizkit, eminem, i dunno, all sorts of different things, vanessa williams, celine dion, justin timberlake, french cds-ingrid, idley brothers, oldies, 3doors down, nickleback, pod, puddle of mudd, linkin park, sum41, sublime, alotta tightie whitie stuff i know..lol...hmmm....so much more...ditto, sara mclaughlin...

just name something i havent...gimme some new ideas...stuff to listen to..even if its a different genre...i like exploring new things...im open 2 any suggestions

#2 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 06:56 PM

If you like Korn and System of a Down, then you might like Thrice - The Artist in the Ambulance. it's a bit "harder" than most of the stuff people listen to, but it's great!!! the lyrics are beautiful... wub.gif *points to his signature*

I suggest that you listen to a sample before buying the CD though -- since not all people like *that* type of rock/punk.

Lyrics

Hmm, just throwing out random band names.. I listen to Ministry.. it's good too. And KMFDM (pretty sure they have CDs on shelves in USA, but not sure about Canada) [for KMFDM, listen to a sample of the song called "Anarchy" to get an idea about what it's all about. their new CD WWIII is awesome!!!].

Bon Jovi is another one of my favourites. Although I like his older CDs better. Dido is very good too. I also listen to a band called Disturbed, and some oldies, Engelbert Humperdink, Frank Sinatra, Paul Anka, Tony Orlando, etc.

Another one of my favourites is REM. and of course, the Beatles. wub.gif Fool's Garden is another good band (early 90s). and the Goo Goo Dolls (Iris, my favourite song by them!!! wub.gif)

Then there's Bloodhound Gang (with their famous song "I Wish I Was Queer So I Could Get Chicks laugh.gif ).. and Alanis Morissette. A-Ha and AC/DC are good ones too.

I listen to a bit of German rap - Xavier Naidoo (good luck finding that one lol, it's next to impossible -- if you know German and want to get it, that is..)

Some of Sting & The Police. and btw, Sum41 = thumbup.gif (I like "Casualty of Society")

And.. Pink Floyd (another one of my favourites!!!!) and Nirvana <---- wub.gif great songs!!! biggrin.gif

Edited by Dan, 01 February 2004 - 07:10 PM.

#3 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 01 February 2004 - 06:58 PM

im diggin this Danni...imaa go c if i can find their latest cd...im interested...hey thanx dude!

#4 Hye_Acher

Hye_Acher

~Հայ Աչեր~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (angel4hope @ Feb 1 2004, 06:44 PM)
As usual, me being the music freak i am, i baught a few new cd's the other day...although i have a wide range of tastes in music, i still get bored too soon, i was wondering if any of you guys have ideas or suggestions on whats hot nowadays, whats cool,...something out of the ordinary, something that isnt very popular but you like and think its cool...i feel like i need to broaden my horizons once more...here are a few of the things i listen to already....

metallica, korn, alotta dance music/trance/electronica....some rand b and rap, pop,..alot of rock and heavy metal....system, incibus, good charlotte, limp bizkit, eminem, i dunno, all sorts of different things, vanessa williams, celine dion, justin timberlake, french cds-ingrid, idley brothers, oldies, 3doors down, nickleback, pod, puddle of mudd, linkin park, sum41, sublime, alotta tightie whitie stuff i know..lol...hmmm....so much more...ditto, sara mclaughlin...

just name something i havent...gimme some new ideas...stuff to listen to..even if its a different genre...i like exploring new things...im open 2 any suggestions

Angel jan…

Have you heard Evanescence? I like “My immortal” and “bring me to life” songs from their album…I personally think she has very nice voice and she sings very well (that is of course according to me wink.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif )….
Anyway just a thought…
Also…have you heard Josh Groban? He has very awesome voice, too….
Oh I also like 3 Doors Down smile.gif smile.gif Anyway you can hear their music’s online and make up your own opinions… smile.gif smile.gif
Good Day!!!

#5 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 07:41 PM

yes my dearie...i have their cd...forgot 2 mention it...theyre great...but im kinda gettin bored from it...yeah i mentioned 3doors down..i love them..esp. here without you...makes me cry sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

#6 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 07:47 PM

To add -- U2. biggrin.gif And Ronan Keating (from Boyzone). He has some great songs!!!

I hate Evanescence, btw. Can't stand the songs.. especially "Bring me to Life" lol. sorry acher. cry.gif

And.... Fear Factory. They have a great song called "Cars", it's one of my all-time favourite songs lol. Check it out!! biggrin.gif

I also recently got into Pantera.

Anyone know/heard of Morrissey?

The National Front Disco England for the English!! biggrin.gif

Edited by Dan, 01 February 2004 - 07:56 PM.

#7 Hye_Acher

Hye_Acher

~Հայ Աչեր~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Dan @ Feb 1 2004, 07:47 PM)
To add -- U2. biggrin.gif And Ronan Keating (from Boyzone). He has some great songs!!!

I hate Evanescence, btw. Can't stand the songs.. especially "Bring me to Life" lol. sorry acher. cry.gif

And.... Fear Factory. They have a great song called "Cars", it's one of my all-time favourite songs lol. Check it out!! biggrin.gif

Anyone know/heard of Morrissey?

The National Front Disco England for the English!! biggrin.gif

Danny I still love you wub.gif wub.gif and..... NO.... I’m not filing for divorce just because you hate evanescence—don’t think you’re going to get away that easily. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Nice try though laugh.gif laugh.gif
tongue.gif

#8 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Hye_Acher @ Feb 1 2004, 08:57 PM)
Danny I still love you wub.gif wub.gif and..... NO.... I’m not filing for divorce just because you hate evanescence—don’t think you’re going to get away that easily. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Nice try though laugh.gif laugh.gif
tongue.gif

O wait, I didn't know we were married.... *puts on the halo* damn, I guess I said "I do" just before I fainted because you overdosed me on Evanescence huh? laugh.gif

#9 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 08:14 PM

Evanescence

The entire album ROCKs. Hye_Acher, have you heard the band remix version of My Immortal? It's available free (if you have Fallen already) on their site. Very cool... when the band kicks in cool.gif

#10 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 01 February 2004 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (angel4hope @ Feb 1 2004, 04:44 PM)
...something out of the ordinary, something that isnt very popular but you like and think its cool...i feel like i need to broaden my horizons once more...

Western art music - a.k.a. Classical music smile.gif

Here are some suggestions for Classical music that's also "popular" with non-musician audiences:

- Rachmaninoff's 2nd Piano Concerto
- Brahms' 1st Piano Concerto
- Chopin Nocturnes
- Beethoven piano sonatas
- Khachaturyan's Spartacus ballet (selections from)
- Mozart's Requiem
- Vivaldi's Seasons

#11 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 08:19 PM

I don't get this,, but.. why do women like Evanescence so much? dontgetit.gif

#12 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 08:22 PM

Beethoven's sonatas are great. wub.gif but I find it hard to listen to classical music these days.

Most of the classical music I listen to is on the radio, mixed stuff.. but i like Strauss and Handel.

#13 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 01 February 2004 - 08:35 PM

That's great, Dan. smile.gif Nowadays it's really hard to find people around our age who listen to classical music other then "Fur Elise" on their cell phones.

#14 Garo

Garo

Veteran

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 11:43 PM

Please discuss everything related to Dan here and keep this topic clean. Everything unrelated to the main subject will be deleted from here.

#15 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,671 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 11:58 PM

Good evening

Just received a few Pm’s form our members regarding some of the activity in this trade / I would like to ask all of you to stop pointing fingers and calm dawn our moderators teem will examine this and you all will know the outcome.....
For now except the apologies from each other and – lets stop this kids game
Thoth has apologized - and I don’t see any need to continue the name calling and or any insults to each other. Wan in other case some “popular” members don’t even bother apologizing or even admitting their wrongdoing.

we will take some of the posts of for now

Be nice !!! smile.gif

MOvses

#16 gevo27

gevo27

Its one of the most beautiful sights... now i have to go see it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (anoushik @ Feb 1 2004, 08:35 PM)
That's great, Dan. smile.gif Nowadays it's really hard to find people around our age who listen to classical music other then "Fur Elise" on their cell phones.

Anoushik, i love that sens of humor laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

#17 ArmMusic

ArmMusic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 03:12 PM

Here are some great CD's

Radiohead- OK Computer

Soundgarden- BADMOTORFINGER and all the once after that one

Rage Against the Machine- Their first one (I think it's self-titled)

Alice in Chains- Dirt

The Police

Also some great 70's stuff
Led Zeppelin- every album
Hendrix- every album
Janice Joplin- Greatest Hits
Nina Simone- Nina Live (that's the best one)
Guess Who- Greatest Hits
The Who- just about everything

There is a lot of stuff out there that's great, I can keep going on and on....

Cheers

#18 Hye_Acher

Hye_Acher

~Հայ Աչեր~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:23 PM

Angel jan...

Have you heard Sarah Mclachlan's "Fallen" I personally think its a GREAT song... anyway thats another thought smile.gif
here is her website http://www.sarahmclachlan.com/ where you can listen to her album and make up your own mind smile.gif smile.gif

Hope you enjoy it smile.gif

#19 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (ArmMusic @ Feb 2 2004, 04:12 PM)
Here are some great CD's

Radiohead- OK Computer

Soundgarden- BADMOTORFINGER and all the once after that one

Rage Against the Machine- Their first one (I think it's self-titled)

Alice in Chains- Dirt

The Police

Also some great 70's stuff
Led Zeppelin- every album
Hendrix- every album
Janice Joplin- Greatest Hits
Nina Simone- Nina Live (that's the best one)
Guess Who- Greatest Hits
The Who- just about everything

There is a lot of stuff out there that's great, I can keep going on and on....

Cheers

Nice set. I agree with most, particulary the 70's list wink.gif

#20 angel4hope

angel4hope

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 07:21 PM

cool dudes... i have the rage against the machine cd---i dig it wink.gif

hye acher---ure so cute..i love sara mclaghlan--i was just sampling her new cd at tower records the other day...it was great...i think im gonna go get it ;)thanx btw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users