Would Love To Visit Someday!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 BiancaVella

BiancaVella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles... I'm a lucky little lady in the city of light!
  • Interests:I love to learn about different cultures. I also LOVE dancing, specially tango! I also enjoy cooking, acting, reading, the beach, fashion, my beautiful dog Napoleon, and many more things!

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:50 PM

[size=4]Armenia is a country that has held a fascination for me for as long as I can remember. I grew up in Hollywood where there is a huge Armenian population and I just admire their tight-knit community, their culture, and their food! LOL Since checking out this site and seeing pictures and reading about Armenia, I've just made up my mind that I simply must visit Armenia someday! That would be something to talk about! I wonder if any people of Latino descent have ever visited Armenia??? That might be something quite new to Armenia. LOL

#2 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(BiancaVella @ May 24 2006, 09:50 PM) View Post
Armenia is a country that has held a fascination for me for as long as I can remember. I grew up in Hollywood where there is a huge Armenian population and I just admire their tight-knit community, their culture, and their food! LOL Since checking out this site and seeing pictures and reading about Armenia, I've just made up my mind that I simply must visit Armenia someday! That would be something to talk about! I wonder if any people of Latino descent have ever visited Armenia??? That might be something quite new to Armenia. LOL

Welcome Bianca!
smile.gif

#3 tigranisbasileus

tigranisbasileus

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(BiancaVella @ May 24 2006, 07:50 PM) View Post
[size=4]Armenia is a country that has held a fascination for me for as long as I can remember. I grew up in Hollywood where there is a huge Armenian population and I just admire their tight-knit community, their culture, and their food! LOL Since checking out this site and seeing pictures and reading about Armenia, I've just made up my mind that I simply must visit Armenia someday! That would be something to talk about! I wonder if any people of Latino descent have ever visited Armenia??? That might be something quite new to Armenia. LOL

Most Armenians haven't gone back or have never been; this is a big mistake: you got to go back?
Now Bianca: estas una latina: se puedes hacer un viaje en Grecia o Armenia : che queres hacer? Honestly.....

p.s brand recongnition....

#4 BiancaVella

BiancaVella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:I love to learn about different cultures. I also LOVE dancing, specially tango! I also enjoy cooking, acting, reading, the beach, fashion, my beautiful dog Napoleon, and many more things!

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE(tigranisbasileus @ May 25 2006, 09:25 AM) View Post
Most Armenians haven't gone back or have never been; this is a big mistake: you got to go back?
Now Bianca: estas una latina: se puedes hacer un viaje en Grecia o Armenia : che queres hacer? Honestly.....

p.s brand recongnition....

Tig, you say you're Latin yourself, yet, I could not undertsand your Spanish. Perhaps it's not perfect, but if that's the case, you should not try to write it. Anyway, that being said, I did not say I want to go back, I've NEVER been there, so I cannot "go back". I think you're trying to compare Greece to Armenia and ask me where I would REALLY like to go honestly... Well, I think I was clear enough when I mentioned I'd love to visit Armenia someday! No question about it. Greece is an extremely fascinating country which I'd also love to visit in my lifetime, but there is no need to compare the two completely different nations. I should pray my life will be long enough to visit both nations and many others.

#5 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 4,916 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:00 PM

Welcome to HF Bianca!

#6 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:52 PM

Bianca, the Latin culture has been somewhat transferred to Armenia through the endless Latin soap operas that they watch there. There is also some influence from Spain.

There is a pop artist Hayko and some of his songs and style of singing sound exactly like Alejandro Sanz for example. You can probably get his album in one of the hollywood armenian cd stores.

#7 tigranisbasileus

tigranisbasileus

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE(BiancaVella @ May 25 2006, 07:57 PM) View Post
Tig, you say you're Latin yourself, yet, I could not undertsand your Spanish. Perhaps it's not perfect, but if that's the case, you should not try to write it. Anyway, that being said, I did not say I want to go back, I've NEVER been there, so I cannot "go back". I think you're trying to compare Greece to Armenia and ask me where I would REALLY like to go honestly... Well, I think I was clear enough when I mentioned I'd love to visit Armenia someday! No question about it. Greece is an extremely fascinating country which I'd also love to visit in my lifetime, but there is no need to compare the two completely different nations. I should pray my life will be long enough to visit both nations and many others.

if someone gave you the choice between a trip to armenia or greece?

what would you pick?

don't say both just pick...

and be honest..

#8 tigranisbasileus

tigranisbasileus

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE(tigranisbasileus @ May 26 2006, 08:33 AM) View Post

what would you pick?

and be honest..

no soy un latino y creo tambien che mi espagnol esta mas bueno...

#9 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:32 AM

Hey greco, you made your point :

You pulled an Armo girl, Greeks are better, intermarriage, brand recognition, yada-effing-yada....Get over yourself!

What else?

Edited by Zartonk, 26 May 2006 - 09:32 AM.

#10 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:34 AM

And By the Way:

Welcome to Hyeforum Bianca! Great to have you. smile.gif

#11 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE(tigranisbasileus @ May 26 2006, 08:33 AM) View Post

what would you pick?

and be honest..

you are comparing apples to oranges...sounds very illogical...people also don't travel for brand recognition only (as you claim it), in fact only ordinary boring tourists do that...many are fascinated by small unknown corners of the world.

Why don't we say given the choice of Greece and Turkey where would you go? I would personally choose Turkey since it's cheaper to be a tourist there and the Western coastline is by far more fascinating. How about Italy or Greece...of course Italy again...so see you guys still need to work on brand recognition.

#12 tigranisbasileus

tigranisbasileus

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(kakachik77 @ May 26 2006, 11:05 AM) View Post
you are comparing apples to oranges...sounds very illogical...people also don't travel for brand recognition only (as you claim it), in fact only ordinary boring tourists do that...many are fascinated by small unknown corners of the world.

Why don't we say given the choice of Greece and Turkey where would you go? I would personally choose Turkey since it's cheaper to be a tourist there and the Western coastline is by far more fascinating. How about Italy or Greece...of course Italy again...so see you guys still need to work on brand recognition.

you are deliberately being an asshole....

I could go take a trip to Armenia...or uzbekistan...or maybe mongolia....

Italy I give you ... turkey maybe also....

you are partially right....then Armenia or Greece? 90% of people would say Greece...admit it ...

#13 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 26 May 2006 - 01:01 PM

tigranisbasileus, let me make my self very clear,

do not use foul language or you will get a warning, continuation of such a behavior will result evantualy of you being BANNED from this forum.

#14 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(tigranisbasileus @ May 26 2006, 12:55 PM) View Post
you are deliberately being an asshole....

I could go take a trip to Armenia...or uzbekistan...or maybe mongolia....
Italy I give you ... turkey maybe also....

you are partially right....then Armenia or Greece? 90% of people would say Greece...admit it ...

only an asshole compares Armenia to Greece...and personally I would go to Armenia..duhhhhhhh...I am Armenian...logic logic logic...didn't your people invent that word as well. And also the feeling I get from you is that your in-laws dislike you not because you are odar shunshanvorti but because you are pretty dumb.

Edited by kakachik77, 26 May 2006 - 02:09 PM.

#15 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 4,916 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:34 PM

Tigranski, you are so000 stuipid that I begin questioning your Greekness! Serious. If Greeks are so wonderful what the hell you are doing in armenian forum and why the hell your girlfriend is not greek? I know love is blind, but honestly are there uglier women than the Greek women? biggrin.gif

Edited by gamavor, 26 May 2006 - 08:38 PM.

#16 BiancaVella

BiancaVella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:02 PM

I agree with Kakachik, there are people who would much rather visit small "undiscovered" countries in the world. I find Armenia fascinating, what are you having trouble understanding Tigris? Is the concept that not EVERYONE would rather visit Greece too difficult for you to grasp? I don't think your personal life is anyone's business but if you're significant other is Armenian, I'm sure he or she would not take it kindly that you are trying to compare Greece and Armenia meanwhile making Armenia sound like a pot hole unworthy of visiting... As far as someone here using the word odar, please refrain from using it. I find it highly offensive. Other than that, wow! I did not know Armenians watch Spanish (albeit translated) soap operas. That's so neat! So when I do get the chance to travel there, I won't be the first Latin they've seen! lol Either way, I'm sure that Im not mistaken when I say that tourists can expect nothing less than world class hospitality from Armenia.

#17 BiancaVella

BiancaVella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(tigranisbasileus @ May 26 2006, 07:35 AM) View Post
no soy un latino y creo tambien che mi espagnol esta mas bueno...

No, it's not. I'm sorry to keep bursting your bubble, but, I've seen better usage of the Spanish language from 8th grade students studying the language.

#18 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:39 PM

Tigranis, it's obvious from the tone of your posts that your Armenian family doesn't like you - not because you're Greek (which is fine) but because you're quite simply put, a jerk. glare.gif

#19 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:04 AM

Vava jan, espes barkatsats yes kez yerpeq chei tesem.

#20 vava

vava

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE(Azat @ May 27 2006, 02:04 AM) View Post
Vava jan, espes barkatsats yes kez yerpeq chei tesem.

photo.gif It's a Kodak moment I suppose wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users