80 replies to this topic

#1 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:12 PM

Good topic to discuss for ARMENIANS.

What kind of idiot will allow his wife smoke???! )))))))))))))))))))))

I mean first of all it is not nice for a girl to smoke.
Second, God forbid, if she is a pregnant or about to have a kid, would have the worst consequences that is possible to imagine.

#2 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Interests:a little bit of everything.

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:15 PM

In Peter Balakian's "Black Dog of Fate," you read about his aunt (or was it his grandmother? I think so) smoking, explaining that it is a custom in the "old country" for wisened women to smoke.
You'r too extreme, like your Afghani friend.

#3 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:genocide recognition

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:15 PM

This was probably the critical issue that destroyed my marriage. Smoking is a disgusting habit. NO men or women should smoke. When she took up the habit I could nor live with her.

#4 Anahid Takouhi

Anahid Takouhi

Meg Hadig

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Yes Taguhi Pid Darnam

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:17 PM

Better for her to find a smoker

#5 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by khodja:
This was probably the critical issue that destroyed my marriage. Smoking is a disgusting habit. NO men or women should smoke. When she took up the habit I could nor live with her.

So I'm not the only one... My boyfriend started recently, though he smokes only once in a while, from what I gather - certainly not when I am around, 'cuz I wouldn't be able to stand the sight!
I didn't dump him, though... Should I? ehehehe
I found out about it when I kissed him one day - and I was like, "What do you smell???" He didn't tell me at first - only after I pounded on his head! GRrrrrrrrr

#6 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:25 PM

Thorny, why do you care if i am as you say extreme? There are more circassian guys who are way more extreme than me. I mean what is your point?

#7 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Making fun or conservatives and seeking progressive change while preaching endogamy and cultural conservation in the diaspora.

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Artur:
Good topic to discuss for ARMENIANS.

What kind of idiot will allow his wife smoke???! )))))))))))))))))))))

I mean first of all it is not nice for a girl to smoke.
Second, God forbid, if she is a pregnant or about to have a kid, would have the worst consequences that is possible to imagine.

men should set the example by not smoking. it's disgusting...... minus the occaisional cigar for formal purposes, but never would I do such in front of my children

#8 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:31 PM

She tried to hide it from me. She would sneak smokes in the garage, brush her teeth often and use mouthwash. Her clothes would reek of the smell. We were married. We owned a house. It was much more than a dating situation. Unless you enjoy the odor, it becomes intolerable.

#9 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Artur:
Thorny, why do you care if i am as you say extreme? There are more circassian guys who are way more extreme than me. I mean what is your point?

I am Circassian only in heritage - not by disposition. I am the fifth generation in exodus, so everything is lost to me.
Therefore, I do not care about Circassian men and what they do. It doesn't matter if you are Armenian, Swedish, Chinese, or other. I am not limited by these admittedly artificial boundaries. Tell me more about Circassian men - I don't care if my uncles were like that.
How many times will you avoid before knock-out? Is three good enough?

quote:
Originally posted by TigrannesIII:

men should set the example by not smoking. it's disgusting...... minus the occaisional cigar for formal purposes, but never would I do such in front of my children

Cherry- or apple-flavoured, right? Provide for concessions where convenient for self...

#10 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:35 PM

quote:
She tried to hide it from me. She would sneak smokes in the garage, brush her teeth often and use mouthwash. Her clothes would reek of the smell. We were married. We owned a house. It was much more than a dating situation. Unless you enjoy the odor, it becomes intolerable.

No odour for me/him yet... My nose does pick up well, too.

#11 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Making fun or conservatives and seeking progressive change while preaching endogamy and cultural conservation in the diaspora.

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Thorny Rose:

Provide for concessions where convenient for self...

no, more like I drink wine at Communion but would never drink a beer while my children are present.... since you have no God you can't relate... I don't make exceptions in what is important.

#12 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:36 PM

quote:

And thats why if a man is the host in the family, there can be no divorce because of such a silly issue as smoking. I mean there wouldn't be even an arguement about that.

Khodja, no offense bro.

But i agree that men also shouldn't smoke, it affects the children especially if they are young. My father smoked started smokin when he was 35-36, at that time i was 14-15. But he gave up after two years smoking in one day.

#13 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:36 PM

Thorny,

You made an excellent point that applies to Armenians as well. Just because one is of Armenian heritage doesn't mean they have to think and act in traditional Armenian ways.

My lifestyle is more one of a Buddhist or Hindu than an Armenian. So what. I still appreciate my heritage.

#14 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:39 PM

quote:
Thorny,

You made an excellent point that applies to Armenians as well. Just because one is of Armenian heritage doesn't mean they have to think and act in traditional Armenian ways.

My lifestyle is more one of a Buddhist or Hindu than an Armenian. So what. I still appreciate my heritage.

If you can't honor what your ancestors were martyred for, why recognize it as part of you?

#15 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:40 PM

Thorny, the whole time i was just amaised how disgusting an armenian girl can be. I did not even to discuss with you when yo used nicknames and bad language. Now i dont give a damn what you say. Turkish girls are immoral and shameful in everyway. But not all though... i talk about modern (in vilages you can get moral girls)... and with you i am finished, take it easy, there is nothing to discuss anymore... ) everything is clear with you...

#16 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TigrannesIII:

no, more like I drink wine at Communion but would never drink a beer while my children are present.... since you have no God you can't relate... I don't make exceptions in what is important.

Oh yeah, I know... Like what one observes when watching you talking about sects of Christianity... Orthodoxy rocks, Catholicism is OK, Protestanism plain sucks... Then someone asks, what about Episcopalian? You measure up - like the person? "Yeah, that's fine, too."
No marriage with odars. But when it comes to "enemies of the Turks who are our friends" (Greeks, Arabs, etc.), it's tolerable. A single-variable world.

#17 Artur

Artur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:43 PM

quote:
Thorny,

Hahahahahahah ))
Buddhist... cool : ))

#18 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:46 PM

What a shame that my grandfather and grand-uncle gave up their lives and their colossal fortune defending their religion in front of the Triumvirate. Two generations later, the only two male descendants are no longer Christians.

#19 wh00t

wh00t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Thorny Rose:
In Peter Balakian's "Black Dog of Fate," you read about his aunt (or was it his grandmother? I think so) smoking, explaining that it is a custom in the "old country" for wisened women to smoke.
You'r too extreme, like your Afghani friend.

How in the world did you get Black Dog of Fate in Turkey?

#20 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 01:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wh00t:

How in the world did you get Black Dog of Fate in Turkey?

Does Amazon.com mean anything to ya? Technology is cool, isn't it? (((: Strangely enough, we have access to this in Turkey. (((:
I actually read something about it in a column in Hürriyet - I'm not the only one. I'll see if I can find it. I hope it is in the CD - else, it has vanished into thin air like everything else in my previous HD! ):

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users