aah
ah
aah

Oh my god I am about to cry ahahahahahaa ahdhahhaahaha
aa
haahah
ahaah

"votovhetev"? ahahahaah ohmy.gif biggrin.gif beta.gif clap.gif

Edit: For a second, I thought I was sure the post was by Mosjan! Karapet, thanks for making my day and welcome to the forum by the way (if I haven't said it before)!

Siphan ??? JAN smile.gif

du LA galu es che es amis smile.gif

Azat du es aman inch@ Gri Ar aper smile.gif heto menq ira het k@xosenq

#42 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(MosJan @ Nov 10 2006, 12:06 AM) View Post
Siphan ??? JAN smile.gif

du LA galu es che es amis smile.gif

Azat du es aman inch@ Gri Ar aper smile.gif heto menq ira het k@xosenq

lol.gif lol.gif

You so funny!!!

I had too much coffee today. punk.gif

Anyway I've heard it was a very funny movie and can't wait to see it tonight!!! clap.gif

#43 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 04:51 PM

Borat is being sued. ohmy.gif

http://video.sympati...inment_ENCAnews

#44 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:56 PM

it's definitely not the movie that you wish to take your kids / wife to.

be advised !!! you might wish to have your kids & wife away before you fallow the link below
it has adult content and foul language nudity .......

CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjigbwUa8wg

#45 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE(MosJan @ Nov 12 2006, 06:56 PM) View Post

be advised !!! you might wish to have your kids & wife away before you fallow the link below

I removed the above link.
Never mind taking one’s wife and children.
I have not seen it, neither do I intend to. Why would any one pay to see such piece of yak-shit?
How low can our so called sense of humor sink?
That qatsordi! That Ebrayetsi shan ordi! If he thinks trashing peoples’ culture and traditions is funny, someone should make a movie to show how un-funny his people’s culture and traditions are.
Caution. You may be cited with that lethal, worthy of crucifixion label of “anti-kaks-mit-ism.
Sonofabitch!
mad.gif mad.gif

#46 Aubépine

Aubépine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(MosJan @ Nov 12 2006, 08:56 PM) View Post

Is that what I saw real? They show that in the movie?? I rather not go see it with my 70-year old father like I intended to. He can take a joke, but this is too much even for him.

#47 skhara

skhara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Nov 12 2006, 01:52 PM) View Post
I removed the above link.
Never mind taking one’s wife and children.
I have not seen it, neither do I intend to. Why would any one pay to see such piece of yak-shit?
That qatsordi! That Ebrayetsi shan ordi! If he thinks trashing peoples’ culture and traditions is funny, someone should make a movie to show how un-funny his people’s culture and traditions are.
Caution. You may be cited with that lethal, worthy of crucifixion label of “anti-kaks-mit-ism.
Sonofabitch!
mad.gif mad.gif

Well said Arpa, this is just filth.

#48 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 12 November 2006 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Nov 12 2006, 11:52 AM) View Post

Exactly. What's interesting is that people don't realize that the type of humor they find funny exactly reflects to who they are. If they're not insulted by bathroom and carnal so-called humor (if you can call it that) then really, how are they different then your average animal species who poop on themselves then lick their behinds?

#49 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:04 PM

Updated:2006-11-13 08:27:01
Accidental 'Borat' Stars Want Last Laugh
Americans in Blockbuster Film Say They Were Duped
By BLAIR SODEN
ABCNews.com
(Nov. 13) -- Some unwitting stars of the hit comedy "Borat" don't get the joke.

More Coverage:
· 'Borat' Banks $29M
· Russia May Ban 'Borat
· Cohen Hides in Plain Sight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watch the Story | Nice Q&A | Trailer | Movie Clip 1 | Movie Clip 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Borat and Feminists Borat in Dixieland Borat 'Not' Jokes

In the fall of 2005, Michael Psenicska, owner of the Perry Hall Driving School in Baltimore County, Md., got a call from a production company making a foreign documentary film. Their star needed driving lessons.

Psenicska was not surprised: His school offers a class specifically for immigrant drivers. But when the student arrived, Psenicska had no idea that the supposed Kazakh journalist, Borat, was really British comedian, Sacha Baron Cohen. Little did he know that 18 months later, the "foreign documentary" he agreed to appear in would be the number one movie at the American box office.

Psenicska and several others approached by the film's producers are the inadvertent stars of "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan." The feature film grossed over $26.4 million when it opened last weekend in limited release. With the number of theaters tripling to over 2,500 this weekend, it held the top spot, earning an estimated $29 million more.

Duped by Cash

But the films "stars" aren't celebrating the chart-topping debut.

For more on the film and the objections of some of its "stars," watch "World News" this evening.

Most recently, Britain's Daily Mail newspaper reported that villagers in the Kazakh town of Glod, where Baron Cohen filmed scenes, feel that they were tricked and ripped off by the actor and his producers.

Psenicska and several others said they were duped into participating in the film. At least three people who appeared in the film claim a producer handed them cash to distract them from the release form that followed.

"I saw $500 and signed it," Psenicska said. "I thought nothing about it because I would release them to do a documentary."

Car salesman Jim Sell said he also was deceived by the lure of cold-hard cash when the producers of Borat approached him to participate at the Criswell Chevrolet car dealership in Gaithersburg, Md.

'Jagshemash!'

Watch:
The 'Borat' trailer
Borat sings 'In My Country We Have a Problem'

More Coverage:
• White House Gates Shut to Borat
• 50 things about Kazakhstan you may not have known
"They put [the release] in front of me right when they were giving me the $150," Sell said.

He didn't read through the release because the crew had already started filming. Sell also worries that his reputation as a dealer of fine vehicles will be tarnished by the implication that he sold Borat an ice-cream truck. (For the record, he did not.)

Joe Behar said he was duped into participating in the movie when members of the production team arrived at the Four Seasons Kosher Bed & Breakfast, which he owns with his wife Miriam in Newton, Mass.

He said he was told the documentary was commissioned by the Kazakhstan Department of Tourism. Even then, Behar and his wife were hesitant to participate.

"I told him that I didn't want our pictures to be presented in the promotion of the movie," Behar said.

The producers kept to their word on that front. The Behars don't appear in any of the previews or advertisements for the film, but the couple believes that's hardly a consolation.

Rumors and Lawsuits

In a scene from the movie, Borat and his producer, Azamat, believe two cockroaches in their hotel room to be the Behars. The joke is that as Jews, the Behars have transformed into vermin to spy on the Kazakh guests.

The Behars said the cockroaches were superimposed by the studio in their house and "hurt us personally."

"This is very insulting to us," Joe Behar said. "They never told us they were going to do this, so this is really terrible to us -- because every friend is talking to us, thinks we have cockroaches."

The Behars worry that word of the cockroaches will fuel the town rumor mill, and others fear appearing in the movie will have implications on their futures as well.

Car salesman Sell said he doesn't think he got his fair share of the pie.

"One hundred-fifty dollars, and the movie grossed $26 million in three days," he said. "Everybody there's all smiling at our expense."

Sell isn't the only one questioning the film's payout. Two South Carolina college students who appear in the film are now suing 20th Century Fox for distributing their likenesses under false pretenses. The unnamed plaintiffs said film producers told them they were participating in a documentary to be shown outside of the United States.

Olivier Taillieu, the attorney representing the students, told ABC News, "Our contention is that they were set up, [that] they were set up in a way that made them say certain things that they do not believe to be true."

Driving instructor Psenicska said he also has hired an attorney, but hopes to settle before taking it to court. He claimed he risked his life by getting into the car with Borat, who drives on the wrong side of the road in one scene.

Psenicska is hoping to have the last laugh.

"I don't care what I signed; I know what they did to me and it's just not fair," he said. "Borat has not totally heard the end of me."

Fool Me Once…

Some say Baron Cohen may be the ultimate prankster. Though he may have duped people like Psenicska, Sell and Behar into humiliating themselves for a couple bucks, in some ways he has earned respect.

When asked what he would like to say to Cohen, Behar replied, "He made an extremely good movie. He's very polite. He's very nice. He's a genius."

Despite portraying a character who is wildly anti-Semitic, Baron Cohen himself is Jewish, a fact that was not lost on Behar.

"He doesn't know exactly what he's produced, and I don't think the company knows what they've produced," Behar said, "because what they've produced is a comedy that makes fun of Islam … and he's Jewish, you know."

Psenicska and Behar have different theories on how participating in "Borat" might impact their futures.

Psenicska said his involvement may make him the "cool, old relative" several years down the road.

"My great grandchildren will be saying … 'Back in '06 grandpa was in an R-rated flick,'" he said.

Behar, on the other hand, learned something from his experience. He will forever be skeptical of inquisitive journalists, even the one who wrote this article.

"Just make sure that you don't put anything in that's out of the ordinary," he said.

Link

#50 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:09 PM

Borat animal lover

smile.gif

Borat dating service

smile.gif

#51 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:49 PM

'Borat' improv script lands Oscar nom

By JAKE COYLE, AP Entertainment Writer
Tue Jan 23, 7:34 PM ET

NEW YORK - Wa Wa Wee Wah? Borat Sagdiyev himself might have exclaimed that catch phrase upon hearing that the largely improvised "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan" had been nominated Tuesday for a best adapted screenplay Oscar.

The majority of the movie, starring Sacha Baron Cohen as Borat, is fueled by Cohen's interactions with real people — most of whom weren't reading from a script. Needless to say, if they had been supplied dialogue, many of the unwitting actors wouldn't have sued (as they have) over their inclusion in the film.

And still a team of four writers was nominated for the Oscar: Baron Cohen, Anthony Hines, Peter Baynham and Dan Mazer. The same four, plus Todd Phillips, were credited with the story.

Link to full article

#52 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:50 PM

I watched the movie a few nights ago and found it mostly funny.I agree that the naked scenes between Azamat and Borat are rather uninteresting to say the least.
But I see no value in trying to do any intellectual critique of the bourgeois class or similar "oppressors" in this or any other films.I am really bored by people that try to find sociological implications that fit their stupid left wing views in any and everything.

#53 SanVal

SanVal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:19 PM

It's a funny movie, but I don't think I like Sacha Cohen, now that I've had more time to think about him. He tries so hard to embarrass certain segments of Americans and Kazakhs (as well as other "primitive" people), but I've never seen him make fun of Jews. He makes fun of anti-Semitism, but not its victims.

That, combined with the fact that he made his fiance convert, makes me think that his nationalism is pretty extreme. I doubt that he would find a similar movie about upper middle class Jews amusing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users