Photo

When A Woman Is Together With A Much Younger Man ...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 DeLaLa

DeLaLa

The Dolminator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Dolma udel !

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:24 PM

barev barev barev

uremen... what would you say or think if one of your friends told you "i am with a much younger man" ???

is it ok to have a much younger boyfriend for armenians ?

maybe there are also some armenian mothers/fathers here in the forum who could also give their oppinion how the reaction would be if their son would one day come home and say "im with an older woman" ....

#2 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(DeLaLa @ Jul 18 2007, 07:24 PM)
barev barev barev

uremen... what would you say or think if one of your friends told you "i am with a much younger man" ???

maybe there are also some armenian mothers/fathers here in the forum who could also give their oppinion how the reaction would be if their son would one day come home and say "im with an older woman" ....

My son did, and so what?

#3 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(Edward @ Jul 18 2007, 09:26 PM)
My son did, and so what?

Wait wait wait ... I almost had a heart attack here .. what exactly did your son say/do ? jawdrop.gif

Edited by Sip, 18 July 2007 - 08:31 PM.

#4 DeLaLa

DeLaLa

The Dolminator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE(Edward @ Jul 19 2007, 04:26 AM)
My son did, and so what?

how much older was she edwardjan ? did your wife react as cool as you ?

ps. Sip ... iyaaa ... pambasox ... ts ts ts ...amot !

Edited by DeLaLa, 18 July 2007 - 08:39 PM.

#5 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(DeLaLa @ Jul 18 2007, 07:24 PM)

I think it all depends on how young exactly. If just some number of years then it's fine. But if it's closer to ten and more then it's a subject for gossip tongue.gif ... It also depends on the ages of the people involved. I think the older men and women get then it's more accepted to have an age gap between them, but if the man and the woman are in their twenties and their thirties then it's not exactly accepted.

#6 DeLaLa

DeLaLa

The Dolminator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE(anoushik @ Jul 19 2007, 04:42 AM)
I think it all depends on how young exactly. If just some number of years then it's fine. But if it's closer to ten and more then it's a subject for gossip tongue.gif ... It also depends on the ages of the people involved. I think the older men and women get then it's more accepted to have an age gap between them, but if the man and the woman are in their twenties and their thirties then it's not exactly accepted.

hi anoushik , is this above your personal oppinion or your speculation how armenian society would react in such case ?

#7 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(DeLaLa @ Jul 18 2007, 07:48 PM)
hi anoushik , is this above your personal oppinion or your speculation how armenian society would react in such case ?

The second option.

I'm much more liberal and could care less in what kind of relationships people are. As long as it doesn't hurt any future children smile.gif

#8 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(DeLaLa @ Jul 18 2007, 09:31 PM)
ps. Sip ... iyaaa ... pambasox ... ts ts ts ...amot !

Well not that there's anything "wrong" with that but I read the question about someone saying "i am with a much younger man" and then Edwards reply and I just about ... well .. nothing really "wrong" with that of course.

#9 DeLaLa

DeLaLa

The Dolminator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:57 PM

sip ? is that swiss panir on your kulux ?

QUOTE(Anoushik)
As long as it doesn't hurt any future children

emmm ... what do you mean exactly ? how could an age difference hurt children ?

Edited by DeLaLa, 18 July 2007 - 09:01 PM.

#10 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE(DeLaLa @ Jul 18 2007, 09:57 PM)
sip ? is that swiss panir on your kulux ?

It's real Wisconsin cheese biggrin.gif The best in the world ... And favre = God in Wisconsin ... I do like Swiss cheese though, but I wouldn't put it on my head.

#11 DeLaLa

DeLaLa

The Dolminator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:49 PM

Sipjan ... I also want to hear your personal oppinion to this topic .... to make the problems which can occur having a younger boyfriend more visual and understandable to you ... i posted this youtube-example only for you pinky.gif

http://www.youtube.c...k...ted&search=

Edited by DeLaLa, 18 July 2007 - 09:50 PM.

#12 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:58 PM

Thanks for the video ... that is definitely a shining example of what it really means to be barska-hay oops.gif

As far as my opinion on this topic, I really don't see myself having either a younger or an older boyfriend. With respect being with an older woman, for a short term I can see tremendous advantages in it. But again, in my case, I can't imagine a very long term relationship with someone who is much older than I am (unless that person is still able to keep up with me so it will depend).

Now I do not mean this with ANY disrespect to anyone that might be reading this, but it seems "Armenians" (among other cultures) are trained from very early on to work towards "settleing down" in their older days. I am rolling over 30 about to hit 31 and I don't see any sort of slowing down or settling down in my feature ... at least no where in the next 10-15 years. So I think again it really depends ... if there is an "older woman" who is up for traveling extensively, not really having a "permanent home" anywhere, is up for hopping in the boat or jeep and hitting up a remote lake or trail for a week every once in a while, then I can certainly be open to the possiblity.

But if an "older" woman means someone who is going to get bitter and paranoid about herself and everyone around her, worried that she is somehow "missing" life by not having children or "settling down", then I much rather be with someone much younger than me (because I am technically still a big kid).

#13 DeLaLa

DeLaLa

The Dolminator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:10 PM

Sipjan , if someone young as you can spend time to post 7454 posts , then i am sure you also can find the time to date an older woman ... he he ... no , seriously , why do you suppose an older girlfriend couldnt keep up with you ? you make 40 year old women look like oooold dzazza's with no energy in your post above ... thats not a good argument for me ! iyaaa

#14 DeLaLa

DeLaLa

The Dolminator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:12 PM

Iyaaaaaaaaaa !!! grrrr ...

was this it on oppinions ? am i a helpless case ?

#15 Aratta-Kingdom

Aratta-Kingdom

www.ArmaniKingdom.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE(Sip @ Jul 18 2007, 08:58 PM)
(because I am technically still a big kid).

'dzeranum enq paruyr sevak, dzeranum enq sirelis...' . even the genius admits he has lost the child within himself... sadly only few can comprehend what it truly means... nice to know there are still living souls among us.

#16 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:50 PM

I would say it doesn't matter but who knows, some people get real worked up about it, like when the mailman doesn't come on the right day or their children end up doing drugs or god forbid following weird fetishes like necrophilia or fisting.

#17 Hreshtak

Hreshtak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE(DeLaLa @ Jul 19 2007, 03:24 AM)
barev barev barev

I think it depends on how big the difference is. If the girl is 2 years older than the boy, i wouldn't mind that..but if she's 20 years older LOL than i dont think its a good idea to marry her.

#18 SirunTgha

SirunTgha

Sigmund Freud

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting. I really enjoy screenwriting. I'm currently writing one!

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (DeLaLa @ Jul 18 2007, 09:24 PM)
barev barev barev

That's ridiculous, is it okay for Armenians to have a much younger boyfriend? Don't ask how yourself if it's okay for Armenians to do this or that, ask yourself, is it okay or not? I'm 19 and been dating a 27 years old woman for 6 months. Is that okay? Go ask her. I believe not.

#19 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:18 AM

it all depends how young the guy is - I would say...
with Nico's choice it's too much!!! but a few years won't make too much of a difference unless the girl likes to have her man be the MAN of the house!!! If she wants to be in control it's always good to date with a same age or younger guys, becuase you are in control!!!

#20 SirunTgha

SirunTgha

Sigmund Freud

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting. I really enjoy screenwriting. I'm currently writing one!

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (Ashot @ Feb 12 2008, 01:18 AM)
it all depends how young the guy is - I would say...
with Nico's choice it's too much!!! but a few years won't make too much of a difference unless the girl likes to have her man be the MAN of the house!!! If she wants to be in control it's always good to date with a same age or younger guys, becuase you are in control!!!

She wasn't dating me so i be the man in the house wink.gif I've always been sexually harassed by women so it came to be natural for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users