• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:47 PM

I know I asked this before but I just don't remember. I can't figure out how to delete my posts or threads. Do we have that option as regular members?

#2 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(Anileve @ Jan 3 2007, 02:47 PM) View Post
I know I asked this before but I just don't remember. I can't figure out how to delete my posts or threads. Do we have that option as regular members?

Nope, but you can edit your posts within a certain timeframe. We had to disable that option along time ago due to some abuse....

If you have specific requests you can always PM one of the mods.....
Hope you had a nice holiday btw smile.gif

#3 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(vava @ Jan 3 2007, 03:00 PM) View Post
Nope, but you can edit your posts within a certain timeframe. We had to disable that option along time ago due to some abuse....

If you have specific requests you can always PM one of the mods.....
Hope you had a nice holiday btw smile.gif

I am guessing who is responisble for that. Too bad.

Well thank you, I had a wonderful holiday. Had a spectacular pre-New Year's eve dinner at Babbo's. If you are ever in town Azat and you should definitely visit. Probably the best Italian after Italy. We had gnocchi with oxtail, roasted butternut squash, grilled venison, grilled lamb chops and a pistachio dessert. Out of this world!

http://www.babbonyc.com/home.html

I did think of you guys smile.gif. And the service is impeccable! Then we went to see the Nutcracker ballet which never gets old during this holiday season. It really is very magical in NYC during the holidays.

Did you enjoy your holidays? How is the little one?

#4 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:55 PM

Holidays were nice, too much driving tough.... It's been busy as we prepare for new human to arrive. Not until February, but that's only a few weeks away ohmy.gif Crazy stuff...

Sounds like you had quite the feast at New Years... ours was much more low-key. Looks like a trip to NYC will have to wait at least a little while longer... .

#5 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE(Anileve @ Jan 3 2007, 08:36 PM) View Post
Probably the best Italian after Italy. We had gnocchi with oxtail, roasted butternut squash, grilled venison, grilled lamb chops and a pistachio dessert. Out of this world!
http://www.babbonyc.com/home.html

Yummy...
Though - and this qualifies as chit-chat - I must say one thing about Italy - I think I had the foulest pizza in... Italy! Literally had raw tomatoes and cottage cheese on baked dough at some bakeries in some cases because they had run out of everything else. Ugh.

#6 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(Anileve @ Jan 3 2007, 08:36 PM) View Post
How is the little one?

Wait a minute - did I miss something? Ani is not calling Vava's missus "the little one," is she?

#7 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE(Stormig @ Jan 3 2007, 04:08 PM) View Post
Wait a minute - did I miss something? Ani is not calling Vava's missus "the little one," is she?

She's a tiny one. wink.gif

#8 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(Stormig @ Jan 3 2007, 04:06 PM) View Post
Yummy...
Though - and this qualifies as chit-chat - I must say one thing about Italy - I think I had the foulest pizza in... Italy! Literally had raw tomatoes and cottage cheese on baked dough at some bakeries in some cases because they had run out of everything else. Ugh.

It doesn't really qualify but I am to blame, so shift the blame I can take it. Pizza in Italy was outstanding, but that's only because I like thin crust, fresh tomatoes and fresh cheeze, so by your standards I am guessing it's crappola. I don't care for their desserts though, way too sweet for me.

#9 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE(Anileve @ Jan 3 2007, 10:15 PM) View Post
It doesn't really qualify but I am to blame, so shift the blame I can take it. Pizza in Italy was outstanding, but that's only because I like thin crust, fresh tomatoes and fresh cheeze, so by your standards I am guessing it's crappola.

With all due respect to differing tastes, yes, considering I throw out tomatoes and lettuce from my sandwiches (why spoil the sandwich with the tomatoes and lettuce and the tomatoes and the lettuce with the sandwich?), though I did catch myself searching for crappola recipes for a moment. smile.gif And the crust was like rubber in comparison with my mother's. I guess I like robust material and spice in everything. My dream is pizza with Indian topping. smile.gif

#10 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(Stormig @ Jan 4 2007, 02:51 AM)
My dream is pizza with Indian topping. smile.gif

It looks like your dream has come true. CPK smile.gif

#11 Stormig