• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 zagzig

zagzig

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

The above is by Charles Kasbarian Garabed. (I know you mention that, Arpa, but it is not stated very clearly). His daughter is the woman who wrote that "Did the Armenian Writers Conference Walk the Talk?" HETQ article last year that caused some controversy and disturbed some complacency.

#62 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

The above is by Charles Kasbarian Garabed. (I know you mention that, Arpa, but it is not stated very clearly). His daughter is the woman who wrote that "Did the Armenian Writers Conference Walk the Talk?" HETQ article last year that caused some controversy and disturbed some complacency.

I know that Lucine Kasbarian is his daughter.
Could you please expand an elaborate what your message is?

#63 zagzig

zagzig

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

I know that Lucine Kasbarian is his daughter.
Could you please expand an elaborate what your message is?

?? There is no elaboration or message.

The article is particularly detailed and interesting, but I think that it was not clear to readers of the post who wrote it (you placed three links between his name and the title, and didn't  mention a "by" or anything, and the armenapedia article actually doesn't say who wrote it). It initially wasn't clear to me anyway, so I was just clarifying it. Maybe I should have sent you a message asking you to clarify it - but it seemed easier just to say it. No offense was intended if that is what is on your mind. And you know that Lucine Kasbarian is his daughter, but again, do other readers know that?

#64 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:39 AM

Arpa, this is bell-the-cat back in action, the same Steve Sim. 

I'm wondering if he's back to belittle Armenians yet some more, perhaps the daily dose of maligning nationalists, another dose of equating Turks with Armenians, or perhaps saying that Armenian academics are all Turklike.  That is the standard anti-Armenian diet we've been waiting for, as much as we were looking forward to that Socratic hemlock diet.

#65 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

I have noticed some omissions and some errors at the above article by CK.
Let us take each of them in turn and see.
In addition to his claim of knowing furkish, he should also search the Arabic language.
Among many. A sample.

Armenian use of Arabic vocabulary - mashallah (beautiful! how strange!),

Ma Sha Allah
http://hyeforum.com/...=3

Edited by Arpa, 05 February 2014 - 10:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users