Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts
  • Interests:literature

Posted 08 June 2001 - 09:45 AM

NOTES & COMMENTS
+++++++++++++++++++++++=
Whenever I review our past I confess I can’t make any sense of it. So much suffering, so many defeats, tragedies, disasters, and victims. Also so many lessons unlearned, so many lies, so many blunders!

Who defines a blunder? Surely not those who committed them. If it were up to them, they have done nothing wrong, all our defeats are moral victories, and anyone who says otherwise cannot be a patriotic Armenian.

To how many of my young patriotic friends I could say: I am familiar with your line of reasoning because when I was your age I too was fed recycled crap.

The very same people who prostitute an ideology or religion are also its most vocal defenders. That’s because power and money are thicker than politics and theology.

The Armenian identity is such a vaguely defined and poorly understood concept that even Armenians who are no better than "Christian Turks" or "Turkish gypsies" feel qualified to brag about their superior brand of Armenianism.

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2001 - 09:59 AM

Armenians who are no better than "Christian Turks" or "Turkish gypsies": to whom do these terms relate? to armenians from Turkey?

#3 ara baliozian

ara baliozian

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 10:18 AM

greeks call armenians
turkish gypsies,
and in turkey
armenians were known as
christian turks. / ara

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2001 - 12:02 PM

I am an armenian who lives in Turkey. All I can say is you don't know what you are talking about. Armenians are called armenians here and hated as such. Even turks don't insult us as much as you do.

A question: is there any moderator here? or is Mr Baliozian a privileged person who can insult any armenian he wants?

#5 ara baliozian

ara baliozian

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 09 June 2001 - 05:22 AM

i am inventing nothing;
just giving documented facts...
ara

#6 ara baliozian

ara baliozian

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 09 June 2001 - 06:52 AM

p.s. to poetry
and you are not an armenian who lives in turkey,
you are a notorious charlatan who lives in glendale!

#7 Garo

Garo

Veteran

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 09 June 2001 - 09:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ara baliozian:
p.s. to poetry
and you are not an armenian who lives in turkey,
you are a notorious charlatan who lives in glendale!

Ara
please refrain from personalizitations and name calling. I don't know how do you decide who is from where but Poetry is working from Turkey.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2001 - 10:44 AM

Yes, I still do live in Turkey and let me tell you I don't know where you get this info about armenians being called christian turks but it's WRONG. Sometimes they call assyrians and newely converted turks into Christianity(there is a tiny minority) 'christian turks' but armenians are never called 'christian turks'. This is wrong. They call us (officially) local foreigners to distinguish us from turks themselves and give us a status of secondary citizen(I saw myself a cubboard in the security department on which it was written local foreigners and I was a bit shocked actually). The population itself calls us 'gavoor' that is 'unfaithful' and they claim this is no insult and is just a word used for foreigners. Ara jan you are not well documented, obviously.

I don't know what you are trying to do... In another forum I saw you were slamming the divison among political parties here you are insulting a portion of the armenian population. Is this how you propose to unite? Are you an anarchist(which I wouldn't see as a problem) or an agent provocateur trying to make us speak up our minds ...to be honest I haven't figured it out yet.

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2001 - 10:50 AM

the terms 'local foreigner' or 'gavoor' apply to armenians, greeks and jews

#10 nairakev

nairakev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 June 2001 - 11:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by poetry:
Yes, I still do live in Turkey and let me tell you I don't know where you get this info about armenians being called christian turks but it's WRONG. Sometimes they call assyrians and newely converted turks into Christianity(there is a tiny minority) 'christian turks' but armenians are never called 'christian turks'. This is wrong. They call us (officially) local foreigners to distinguish us from turks themselves and give us a status of secondary citizen(I saw myself a cubboard in the security department on which it was written local foreigners and I was a bit shocked actually). The population itself calls us 'gavoor' that is 'unfaithful' and they claim this is no insult and is just a word used for foreigners. Ara jan you are not well documented, obviously.

I don't know what you are trying to do... In another forum I saw you were slamming the divison among political parties here you are insulting a portion of the armenian population. Is this how you propose to unite? Are you an anarchist(which I wouldn't see as a problem) or an agent provocateur trying to make us speak up our minds ...to be honest I haven't figured it out yet.

Ijust can guess...
May be , ara, meant those statistical infos that you can find in many reference sites. Like "turkish christians form 1% of Turkey's population". It's never precised who are those christians: greeks? turks? armenians? assirians?
After all it doesn't matter for me! I care less about religion issue...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users