hayemyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:armenians, armenian music

Posted 26 October 2006 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Oct 26 2006, 02:09 PM) View Post
Yes. AK was a Soviet era composer.
He survived simply because he did not antagonize the regime. After all, he waa justa composer and an artist, not a political activist just as Charents, Sevak and Sylva were, poets, not revolutionaries.
We may not know this, and neither did those comissars in Moscow that his music was heavily influenced by Armenian folklore.
Listen to his Gayane, in particular to the passage of Ayisha’s’ Dance and tell us if it is not a teke-off on the Armenian tune “Che-----m, chem krna khaghal“?
AK is not unique. Charents, Sevak and even Sylva, that old fat communist cow, in her own way, remember “Khosk Im Vordun”. Communist cow? Who never forgot her native heritage/language? Among those who defied Soviet oppression, each in their own way.
Please. Let us not dismiss these giants of Armenian culture, Not to forget Petros, Baronian, Varuzhan, Siamanto….. et al..
Yes AK was labeled as “Soviet Composer” until 1991 when suddenly, one morning, on NPR he was identified as “ARMENIAN”, no more qualifiers as “Soviet…”.
Can we do better than NPR?

i agree that there was some sort of nationalistic feeling among these writers, but it was still not enough to build a proper armenian identity, and the soviet regime precisely tried to dissuade each of its soviet from developing such nationalistic feelings and building identities, they even banned some religious activites, and Christianity wasn't very welcomed...we cannot simply say that oh charents or sevak or i dono who else were able to write about armenians therefore it wasnt that bad, i mean charents fell victim of stalin's purges, and it's just that others were more moderate in their expression or totally pro-communist (kaputikian) and were able to get away with it
as for AK, i recognize very well that his work has alot of armenian influence, especially since ive played many of his works myself, however, i am just saying that the soviet influence has been so entangled in armenian culture and history that foreigners often do not distinguish between what is armenian, sovietic or russian...that's where the problem is, because we have not adn are not developing a proper identity of our own whether it be cultural, social, etc. to enable foreigners to distinguish us from the rest...
returning to the subject, even though i recognize and admire AK's majestic work, i simply cannot accept to impose a soviet anthem on independent armenia, especially when the point of changing the anthem (which i still don't find valid) was to be original and reflect today's armenia and everything

#42 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:07 PM

Soviet?
Russian?
Is it any more, better or worse than those f**** Turk-Ottoman terms like dolma(Turkish), sarma( turkish), kakturma (turkish), imam (turkish Islamic)bayuldu (turkish), chiy** (turkish) koefteh (???)
** The Armenian word for raw/uncooked is hum/apukht, not chi., unless ones’ mother f*ck*r tongue is Turkish.

Edited by Arpa, 26 October 2006 - 01:12 PM.

#43 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Oct 26 2006, 07:07 PM) View Post
Soviet?
Russian?
Is it any more, better or worse than those f**** Turk-Ottoman terms like dolma(Turkish), sarma( turkish), kakturma (turkish), imam (turkish Islamic)bayuldu (turkish), chiy** (turkish) koefteh (???)
** The Armenian word for raw/uncooked is hum/apukht, not chi., unless ones’ mother f*ck*r tongue is Turkish.

I will not relent until I impress on our readres that DOLMA SARMA, KAKTURMA and CHIY (koetFeh)are NOT not ARMENIAN WORDS. I hate to tell you what MF language they are from.
So! If you are such Armo-Nationalist, give us the antive Armenian names of those so Armenian native cuisinal delicacies.

#44 hayemyes

hayemyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:armenians, armenian music

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:50 PM

lol i can't figure out how we came to talk about these food names in turkish when we were talking about the anthem and soviet influence?
i made sure i didn't miss anything but then again...
besides, i never used those turkish words to describe these food items, so i don't see the context of those replies...???
no comment

#45 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:29 PM

Parliament Paves Way For Anthem Change

The National Assembly passed on Wednesday a controversial government bill that keeps open the possibility of a change of Armenia’s national anthem, something which is strongly opposed by a junior member of the ruling coalition. The government drafted the bill late last month after shelving plans for the adoption of a new anthem in place of the “Mer Hayrenik” (Our Fatherland) song. The decision followed a failed song contest that was administered by an ad hoc government commission formed earlier this year. The bill stipulates that “Mer Hayrenik” will remain the country’s “provisional” anthem pending the adoption of a new, permanent one. It was rejected by some opposition parliamentarians and, more importantly, the Armenian Revolutionary Federation (Dashnaktsutyun), which has four ministers in President Robert Kocharian’s cabinet. All of them voted against the draft law when it was approved by the cabinet on October 26. “Mer Hayrenik” was also the official anthem of a short-lived independent Armenian republic that was founded and governed by Dashnaktsutyun from 1918-1920. The nationalist party regards it as an important symbol of Armenian statehood, dismissing complaints about its simple theme voiced by some prominent politicians and artists. Dashnaktsutyun leaders are pressing for a different law that would perpetuate the song's official status.
* By Astghik Bedevian

#46 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:26 PM

'THE LESSER OF EVILS'

- How do you remark the solution that "Mer Hayrenik" will stay valid till determining the text and music of anthem by law?"

- I remark it as "neither fish nor fowl" version. We are back where we started by the grounds which aren't determined by law. A thing which I predicted in summer when that so called commission began working very unsuccessfully. The people's indifference made me think that there was no public need to change the national anthem. The intellectuals were also unready to such a function, to select a new version of anthem, or to affirm the old one. And those amusing thoughts sounded from the camp of intellectuals proved that this question hadn't raped yet. The lack of demand had its demonstration in the NA. People were ignoring the deep importance of the question and trying to give their personal opinion. Anyway this version of the law is the lesser of evils. Let it remain as it is till the problem is ripened.

- You criticized the contest commission once more, while Minister of Culture Hasmik Poghosian affirmed in the NA that commission had made very fair decision and added that the critic addressed to the commission were mercantile demonstrations.

- Hasmik Poghosian wasn't a decisive person in that commission. She was doing what the situation prompted her. Occasional solutions dictated by moods inside the commission and outside and the lack of wish to demonstrate the own opinion. But in reality the activities of that commission were dictated by the authority. The lack of results proves the fruitless activities of the commission. The government refused the result of the commission's activities and decided to remain the anthem the same. The activities of the commission were considered very unsuccessful, which is the rightist remark than this is. In this case the Minister's self-appraisal solves nothing. It's simply the way to save the own face in the bad game.

#47 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:30 AM

ONE DAY LEFT TO THE ACTING ANTHEM

04 December, 2006 [http://www.a1plus.am...ssue&iid=43583]

On December 6 the acting anthem of the RA, "Our Homeland", will cease being a national anthem and will become a common song. The transitional provisions of the RA Constitution adopted on December 5, 2005, stated that the anthem will be in power for another year. The deadline is tomorrow, and the Republic of Armenia does not have a new anthem yet.

During the last four-day session of the fall sitting of the NA the deputies were to discuss the draft law on the "RA state anthem". But the text of the draft with the amendments after the first reading was not distributed to the deputies. They mentioned that they cannot discuss the draft without getting acquainted with the changes as it is against the regulations of the NA.

Thus the deputies were either to violate the regulations or to leave the country without an anthem. The problem was solved during the break when the NA Speaker decided to discuss the issue in a special session which will probably be convened tomorrow. It is noteworthy that after being adopted by the NA the draft must also be ratified by the President.

By the way, according to the draft represented by the Government, "Our Homeland" will be our anthem until a new one is decided upon.

#48 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:37 AM

NEW AMBASSADOR OF EUROPEAN COMMITTEE TO ARMENIA

04 December, 2006, A1PLUS //Online News

Head of the European Committee delegation to Armenia, Ambassador Per Eklund handed his credentials to RA deputy Foreign Minister Armen Bayburdyan.

Mr. Bayburdyan greeted the newly appointed Ambassador and wished his good luck in carrying out his high mission. Ambassador Eklund voiced his readiness to contribute to the relations between Armenia and the EU.

During the meeting the sides referred to the Individual Partnership Action Plan ratified on November 14 for Armenia. They discussed issues about its realizaiton.

#49 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:21 PM

My two hands up for the change. The current one is like whining not an anthem. I think a national anthem should inspire it's citizens and not make them cry. Charles Aznavour's Armenia song's music is much better than our current anthem's music and words.
I wonder what are they going to adapt.

I wouldn't even mind if they change the flag too. I like the red and blue stripes but the dark orange color is not fitting there smile.gif Armenia had very nice flags from medieval times. Or even before that.

Something like Goergian flag, I like even Kazakhstan's (Borat's Fatherland) flag.

#50 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 03:21 PM

I too don't mind if they change the anthem; because the one we had so far was left from our opression days. We could use some inspirational anthem. Agreed.

However, the flag I like it the way it is. smile.gif

#51 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 03:57 PM

We already talked about it in here that if they add on our existing flag the picture of Ararat Mountain would be even nicer. smile.gif

#52 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:17 PM

I agree with the Mount Ararat Anahit jan. It will put our "historical enemies" in more frustration smile.gif

#53 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 01:17 AM

TEMPORARY ANTHEM ?lol.gif

article's photo
RA NA has passed the draft law on the RA State Anthem with 71 votes for, 6 voted against and 6 abstentions.

Under the draft law, the acting anthem “Our Homeland” will be in force “until endorsing the text and music for the new anthem”.

Reminder: the anthem was endorsed after the second hearing on Friday. ARF Dashnaktsutyun and some oppositional factions found the acting anthem inadmissible as they assume that it has acquired temporary essence.

To note, the adoption of the state anthem is stipulated by the RA Constitution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users