Where can I get kislii lovash?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2000 - 04:16 PM

this is pretty dumb question, but what the heck. you guys know the fruit rollups they sell here in the states right? well i was wondering if any of u have ever tried the ones in armenia they are thick and sour(kislii lovash in russian) i was wondering does anyone know where i can get it ?? its the best!

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2000 - 06:01 PM

it is the best...yumm, alex, you shouldn't have mentioned it...i'm at school and i'm hungry...and i love all things sour...lol

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2000 - 06:06 PM

Yes I love those too , we call it Läávashäk, because they look like Lävash (a kind of thin bread). I didn't know that they have it in Russia too.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2000 - 06:59 PM

Alex, like Iranyar said, we have that in Iran, my mom used to forbid me to buy it, because they were supposedly prepared with less than hygienic conditions, but I would sneak and buy one before boarding the bus to Tehran American School( TAS, anyone know anyone that is an alumni?) Over here in Southern California you can go to any Iranian grocer and they will carry it, usually with apricot flavor. Nushe jan!

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2000 - 04:46 AM

Man that stuff is hard to come by here. The next best thing is the sour bean from Puerto Rico called Tamarillio or Tamarindo.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2000 - 06:07 PM

Tamarindo is also good, in Holland there is also Tamarindo drink, comes from caraibian sea or India, the native dutch don't drink it, only blacks ,East Indians and Indonesians drink it.

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2000 - 12:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Alex Kornev:
this is pretty dumb question, but what the heck. you guys know the fruit rollups they sell here in the states right? well i was wondering if any of u have ever tried the ones in armenia they are thick and sour(kislii lovash in russian) i was wondering does anyone know where i can get it ?? its the best!

Aaaaaaahhhhhh, I would treat you to some real sour lavash if you were in LA. I bought a big bunch of it from Armenia on my last visit. I don't even know if I was supposed to declare it at customs

But the best "tetu lavash" I ever had was the one my grandma made with sour plums. I loved watching her prepare it and waiting for it to dry Sometimes I would peel it off the board while it was still wet and hope she would not notice

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2000 - 06:37 AM

my mouth is watering .....lol

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2000 - 11:11 PM

This is coming from grandma:

When it's made with grapes, we call it BASTEGH.

When it's made with apricots, we call it PASTEL.

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2000 - 06:53 PM

also I love those made of Zereshk, it is a kind of mountaineous berry, which grows in the mountains of the Caspian coast region.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users