Ossetians and Alans

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2000 - 07:01 PM

In Iran people who are mixed with Arabs, are known,
Yes it is true about the the Sassanian princes .
A Sassanian Princess died in the mountain south of Tehran, in order to die than being enslaved by the Arabs, now that mountain is a kind of pilgrimage place for the native Tehrani's, that mountain is now called Bibi Shährbanu.
Actually the method of Arabs was genocide: to kill so much Iranians as they could and replace the cities by the Arab nomads, but used the Turks as workers and slaves.
It is also sayed that Yazdgerd married a princes in Mazandarn region of Iran, they got a son, when they wrere fleeing to china Arabs killed him in Central Asia, his son went to china and tried to liberate the empire two times out of the Arabs hand. He used Chinese mercenaries or people who were under the chinese rules, but the Arabs had already destroyed everything and he couldn't win the evil with his small mercenary army.

You are right, the Pamiri's are blond people, also in Afghanistan and Georgia,are there many blond people.

In Lorestan Iran are also blond peopleeven once I saw a blueeyed Baluchi , in a region were most of the people are darkish somehow.

In General you can easily distinguish between the Aryan and Anatolian people and the Arabs, for example I was last year in touch with the refugees, the Iraqi Kurds (and a the few Persians and Armenians who are left there) look different than the Iraqi Arabs, even the Assyrians who are Semitic look different than the Arabs.

BTW the Yezidi Kurds of Georgia, have also retained Zoroastrian beliefs. Yazidi comes from Avestan Yazata which is something like divine force or angel. They lived in Anatolia, but during the Armenian genocide they were massacred brutally, a few could survive and fled to Caucasus , some to syria, their number now in Georgia are estimated 30000, but I have never mmet one, I like to know more about these people, you have any info about them? I guess there were also a communiy of them in Armenia.

[This message has been edited by Iranyar (edited December 09, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Iranyar (edited December 09, 2000).]

#22 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2000 - 12:23 PM

Yes, concerning the Sassanian prince who fled to China. His name was Peruz or Pirooz. He died in exile in the capital of China as a palace guard. His son, Narseh advanced to role of general in the emperor's court. There were other Sassanian aristocrats that fled with Pirooz to China: Spabad, Suren, Varazpour, etc. Yes, the Chinese emperor had once or twice lent Pirooz some Chinese troops with Turkic mercenaries. They had once advanced as far as Yazd in Iran only to be repulsed back by the Arabs later.

Some anthropologists claim that the original Arabs as well as Jews were the same as Ethiopians and thus a black race. They only acquired their "whiteness" through conquest and enslavement. Even the most "white" Arabs such as Lebanese and Syrians maintain some identifiable Negroid traits compared to other European and Middle Eastern peoples.

#23 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2000 - 08:49 AM

Yes exactly the Sassanian Prince's name was Piruz, I yesterday checked the history books.

But I've not noticed negroid features in the lebanese and Syrians, they are actually good looking people, and not Arab at all.

But I wonder why Piruz and his Army has chosen the Yazd route, this goes through the steppes, an sacrced inhabitated area, which is easy to control and due to the climate Arabs would have fought better. At that time the Caspian Shores were free and Armenia and Caucasus had found a modus vivendi with the Arabs, If I were him, I would go through Central Asdia, Xorasan , Mazandaran, Gilan, Shirvan, Armenia, then I will send some ambassodor to Georgia and Dagestan, the Avars were allways proSassanian, and gather more power, then directly from the zagros mountains, in where the Arabs were not strong would I have seiged and liberated Tispun (near Baghdad) in a fast and heavy war. It's really a pitty, if Piruz had won the Arabs, the history of our region would have been different, and we would have been more prosperous.

Ferdowsi has said in this regard.

Co niru ye Täbäri 'o con Ärmäni
be jängänd ba kishe ährimani

Co kälbu ye Suri 'o in Mehtäran
Ke Kupal daränd 'o gorze geran

hämi särfärazänd ke ishan keänd
be Irani 'o Mazändäran bär ceänd

Ägër märz 'o rah ëst 'o gër nik 'o bäd
Be Gorz 'o be shämshir bayëd setäd

Beguyësh ke där jäng mordän be nam
Beh äz zendë doshmän bär u shadkam.

the intresting thing in this is that Ferdowsi mentions that at that time the Täbärians in Mazändäran and the Armenians, were still fighting, the Army with the devil behaviour.
He recommends that the only way of liberation is fighting with them, he rejects any option of compromise, and he says, if one dies with a good name, is better than if he lives and the enemy is happy with him.

#24 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2000 - 09:39 AM

The Basques are not known for being blond, that is a common misconception. The people who are the lightest, tallest and most Germanic looking in Spain are the Gallegos and Asturianos of North Western Spain.

As for the original Jews and Arabs looking more like Ethiopians, this is totally logical, as Ethiopians speak a Semitic-Hamitic language.

#25 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2000 - 09:53 AM

Farsi jan, people of north western Spain and northern portugal have obviously Celtic blood.
BTW today I have met a Catlan girl, and she looked really Iranian, I told her about the Alans, and she was interested, she told me then Catalan should be an easy language for you, and we have decided that we meet more and more and that I learn Catalan from her

[This message has been edited by Iranyar (edited December 10, 2000).]

#26 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2000 - 01:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Iranyar:

and we have decided that we meet more and more and that I learn Catalan from her

[This message has been edited by Iranyar (edited December 10, 2000).]

AAww, isnt that nice

#27 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2000 - 05:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kazza:
AAww, isnt that nice

ha, shat lave

#28 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2000 - 09:14 PM

Bona vespre, parla catala? Catalan will probably be a piece of cake for you, as you already know something like 7 languages! It is somewhat related to Provencal. There is a lot of dialect differences: Majorquin, Valenciana(whose speakers don't really consider themselves Catalan), Andorran etc. Plus Catalan is spoken in a small enclave in Sardinia, as the island was ruled by Catalans at one time. Have you seen the Catalans do the Sardana? It looks very much like Armenian circle dances, probably a result of the Greek presence in coastal Spain. Bon sort!

#29 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2000 - 01:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Half Breed:
Armenian circle dances, probably a result of the Greek presence in coastal Spain.

Aha! OK! Now THAT will be the reason some of the greek words end in os and dos. Now I can say that the latin heritage is questionable.

Oh dear. If I keep this up Garo will kill me, hw will hang me, draw me and quater me.

But enough of that. Iranyar, HOW did you come about knowing 7 languages? Both of my grandfathers knew about a million langagues between them (well, about 4 each) they were well travelled. Unfortunatley, they are not with us

#30 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2000 - 04:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kazza:
Iranyar, HOW did you come about knowing 7 languages?

Hmmm, let me think about that first

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users