12 replies to this topic

#1 yerevanforeigner6

yerevanforeigner6

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:40 PM

Barev all!

Can you please list a couple of Armenian poets and poems?
Please also include whether its Western or Eastern Armenian as I do not know how to distinguish/differentiate the two dialects.

#2 vartahoor

vartahoor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:23 PM

Ո՞ր հայերէնով ես դու խօսում, եթէ դա արևելահայերէնն է ուրեմն հէնց աշխատիր դրան կատարելագործես: Արևմտահայերէնը արեւելահայերէնից շատ չի տարբերւում և որպէսզի սովորես գնի´ր Յակոբ Անտոնեանի "Beginner's Armenian" գիրքը որը կարող ես գնել ցածը դրւած հասցէից՝
http://amazon.com/s/.....er's Armenian
Արևելահայերէնը որը պաշտօնական լեզուն է մեր հայրենիքի խօսւոմ է՝ Հայաստանում, Իրանում և սփիւռքի մեծամասնութեան կողմից, գրէթէ ամէն տեղ, որովհետև սփիւռքում Հայաստանից արտագաղթած շատ հայեր կան:
Արևմտահայերէնը խօսւում է՝ Բէյրութում (աղաւաղւած բէյրութահայերէն), Սուրիայում, Եգիպտոսում, Իրաքում, Պոլսում, Ռումանիայում, Ֆրանսիայում Արգենթինայում և մի քանի ուրիշ հարաւային ամերիկայի երկրներում:
Սովորի´ր հայերէն, որ տարբերակն էլ որ լինի, երկուսն էլ մերն են, միայն թէ սովորի´ր:
Վարդահուր

#3 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:09 PM

Yerevan jan,

Try searching the forum for any subject. I'm sure many of your interests have been discussed extensively before. smile.gif

#4 nyc_potter

nyc_potter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:10 AM

The Armenian Poetry Project
cordially invites you to an evening of

Armenian Contemporary Poetry

Friday, October 5, 2007, 6:00-8:00 PM
the Village Quill
TriBeCa, New York

The poetry evening will be hosted by The Armenian Women’s Art Exhibition (October 4 to November 3, 2007).

The venue address is:
The Village Quill
106 Franklin Street , 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10013

Lola Koundakjian is the curator and producer of the Armenian Poetry Project http://armenian-poetry.blogspot.com.
Anyone interested in participating in the poetry reading may contact her with a sample of their work prior to September 6, 2007, via email at Koundakjian@gmail.com.

For more information about the exhibition, visit: http://www.razleen.com

#5 vartahoor

vartahoor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:34 PM

The website of APP shows everyting in English and has nothing to do with Armenian Poetry. These projects are created by those who have no closeness to the Armenian poetry. We as a small nation whose culture is in dire straits should be cognizant of these parasites who except destroying our literature have no other task. I say, down with the APP and its supporters.
The above project is somehow similar to a secret agreement between the director of Matenadaran
Sen Arevshatianand an outside institution in Minesotta, USA, to digitalize the contents of the matenadaran by transferring them to Minesotta, USA, with the reasoning that the project needs millions of dollars to accomplish and that the RA does not have that kind of money. Those of us who know something about digitalization know very well that cost of digitalizing will not be that high and that digitalization of the MATENADARAN is fraught with danger, i.e., destroying the originals say by accidental fire, and later altering the contents of the originals to make them the property of another nation and you know which nation I am talking about. Fortunately this act has been stopped and Sen Arevshatian relieved of his duties. BTW Sen Arevshatian who was given a sum of $100,000.00 by an armenian benefactor, for the improvement of MATENADARAN, has pocketed the money and has given nothing to the institution. Matenadaran cannot be traded by the individuals or even the government of RA, as it is put under the protection of the government of RA who is only the guardian of this national wealth and cannot transact any deals, Matenadaran is the property of the armenian nation.
Please do not be lulled by the Armenian Poetry Project. This forum serves the armenian poetry better than APP.
vartahoor

Edited by vartahoor, 14 June 2007 - 01:51 PM.

#6 nyc_potter

nyc_potter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(vartahoor @ Jun 14 2007, 03:34 PM) View Post
The website of APP shows everyting in English and has nothing to do with Armenian Poetry. These projects are created by those who have no closeness to the Armenian poetry. We as a small nation whose culture is in dire straits should be cognizant of these parasites who except destroying our literature have no other task. I say, down with the APP and its supporters.
The above project is somehow similar to a secret agreement between the director of Matenadaran
Sen Arevshatianand an outside institution in Minesotta, USA, to digitalize the contents of the matenadaran by transferring them to Minesotta, USA, with the reasoning that the project needs millions of dollars to accomplish and that the RA does not have that kind of money. Those of us who know something about digitalization know very well that cost of digitalizing will not be that high and that digitalization of the MATENADARAN is fraught with danger, i.e., destroying the originals say by accidental fire, and later altering the contents of the originals to make them the property of another nation and you know which nation I am talking about. Fortunately this act has been stopped and Sen Arevshatian relieved of his duties. BTW Sen Arevshatian who was given a sum of $100,000.00 by an armenian benefactor, for the improvement of MATENADARAN, has pocketed the money and has given nothing to the institution. Matenadaran cannot be traded by the individuals or even the government of RA, as it is put under the protection of the government of RA who is only the guardian of this national wealth and cannot transact any deals, Matenadaran is the property of the armenian nation.
Please do not be lulled by the Armenian Poetry Project. This forum serves the armenian poetry better than APP.
vartahoor

You are mistaken. The APP is neither entirely in English, nor will the event be entirely in English, quite the contrary.

I am in no ways related to the above mentioned digital Matenadaran project and don't see the point of bringing it up.

#7 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:37 PM

Forgotten, or never known poets.
smile.gif
Kudos to Lola!
She is trying, against all odds, to creaet an new generation of “post-genocide/post Sevak” poets. whether they write in Armenian, English, French, Russian or anything in between. After all, we don’t all live in Yerevan and the language of may of us may not be that of Mesrop Leninian.

Edited by Arpa, 29 June 2007 - 03:18 PM.

#8 Louise

Louise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Jun 29 2007, 02:37 PM)
smile.gif
Kudos to Lola!
She is trying, against all odds, to creaet an new generation of “post-genocide/post Sevak” poets. whether they write in Armenian, English, French, Russian or anything in between. After all, we don’t all live in Yerevan and the language of may of us may not be that of Mesrop Leninian.

---------------------------

I know a very good website of armenian poetry, there are more than 2000 poems
in armenian. They are written in armenian, maybe you cannot read ?

www.armland.site.gr

#9 Louise

Louise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE(Louise @ Aug 12 2007, 02:38 PM)
---------------------------

I know a very good website of armenian poetry, there are more than 2000 poems
in armenian. They are written in armenian, maybe you cannot read ?

www.armland.site.gr

Excuse me, my question was to yerevanforeigner6

#10 nyc_potter

nyc_potter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Jun 29 2007, 04:37 PM)
smile.gif
Kudos to Lola!

Thank you Arpa. ջերմօրէն՝ Լօլա

#11 nyc_potter

nyc_potter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(Louise @ Aug 12 2007, 04:40 PM)
Excuse me, my question was to yerevanforeigner6

The site has some merits, but is not searchable because it is not in Unicode. Can you tell me how you found out it has 2000 poems? Many authors are missing.

#12 Louise

Louise

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(nyc_potter @ Oct 30 2007, 12:18 PM)
The site has some merits, but is not searchable because it is not in Unicode. Can you tell me how you found out it has 2000 poems? Many authors are missing.

-------------------------------------

here is another website where you can find more names of armenian poets.

http://users.freenet.am/~poetry/

I have translated several of them in French http://armenian-poetry.netfirms.com

But presently the armenian website does not work, we have only the list of the poets
The webmaster will arrange that.

the website www.armland.site.gr has 2146 poems I can only read them
I copy them manually. I'll try to write to the webmaster about the unicode.
thank you to mention that.

#13 nyc_potter

nyc_potter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

www.armland.site.gr is down, FYI, while http://users.freenet.am/~poetry/ is not unicode therefore not searchable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users