#101 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:10 AM

Dear Djrak:

You have quoted all from the first part of the Genesis, right?

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 12 November 2005 - 03:11 AM.

#102 Djrak

Djrak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (Anahid Takouhi @ Nov 12 2005, 03:10 AM)
Dear Djrak:

You have quoted all from the first part of the Genesis, right?

No, Jesus quoted from Genesis and added further clarification.
I put where i took the verses from at the end of each quote.

#103 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:17 AM

Thank you. smile.gif

#104 Anahit

Anahit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 10:00 AM

Eloren, u know, when i read your posts, i feel like I HAVE WRITTEN THEM smile.gif most of your sentences ARE EXACTLY WHAT I THINK! WORD BY WORD!

Darlings, this kind of conversations(meaning talks between the "believers" and rational thinkers/freedom lovers etc; talks between essentially different people) never lead to anywhere. i'd advise u just to save your time smile.gif It's not that i am asking u to give up on opening their eyes and minds, it's just that people will never give up their dogmas easily, no way! they have to fight their own way to realization of something, and only if THEY get to that "understanding" they will be able to change the way they think and act... CAUSE IT WASN'T IMPOSED, BUT THEY GOT TO IT... THEY WEREN'T CONVINCED, but THEY DISCONVERED!! tongue.gif

i never had any bad feelings about believers, never really though to question bible and jesus and all the other stuff that u have to believe blindly, untill i had to experience the "believers" life, see how stupid they are in life, just learning by heart few sentences from bible, and never being able to face the questions and finding any answers to them, how they ruined their childrens life just reading bible and not taking care of others, what hipocrits they are, forcing others to do things that they never do... in short, if before i'd say that i am a christian, after that i don't dare to use that word easily: I AM DEFENETLY NOT LIKE THEM! I am so happy, so grateful, that i just feel sorry for people who are stuck with that book, and every time someone quotes from it, i say: "oh! i am so lucky! "

ANAHIT SAID, HAS BEEN SAYING, SAYS AND ALWAYS WILL SAY: WANT AND U WILL GET! SEEK AND YOU WILL ALWAYS FIND! KEEP ON AND U WILL NEVER FAIL!

some russian sayings as well: ESLI OCHEN' ZAXATET', MOJNO V KOSMOS POLETET'! tongue.gif TOT KTO IQET, VSEGDA NAXODET! etc. I GUESS JESUS JUST COPIED LOTS OF WELL-KNOWN SAYINGS wink.gif as well as teachings of other smart people.

#105 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:00 PM

Anahit:

I have met many Christians that said that they were Christians and they weren't at all. Such as you said, they were and are hyppocrits. I have met many in my Church or other Armenian or non-Armenian Churches that are that way. They look around what you're wearing, they feel a lot of envy and do and act in an unChristian way. But every now and then I have met a Christian that put back my faith in people or in Christians.

Just because you have met some or I will add a lot of Christians that wronged and wronged plenty; that in itself I don't think is a good reason enough not to believe in Christianity or God. As they have let the devil win them over for whatever unChristian acts that they have done. Again, I will say, if not today; maybe one day you will find the answers all by yourself be it in the Holy Bible or in a form of a revelation, or just plainly you will seek in Him; because you may need Him for various reasons in your life. I don't know; I hope for you someday you will seek in Him. But that will be entirely up to you and or your circumstances in your life.

I have become even more Christian myself because I have seeked in Him and ever since, many of my answers have actually been answered for me; because I have seeked in Him. But at the same token I also lived and do live a decent life. And my answers were actually answered. Also, I continue walking with Him and loving Him. That has been my answer and my wonderful relationship with the Lord and God.

May God be with you and may God bless you.

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 12 November 2005 - 02:13 PM.

#106 Djrak

Djrak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (Anahit @ Nov 12 2005, 10:00 AM)
talks between the "believers" and rational thinkers/freedom lovers etc; talks between essentially different people

Anahit, Anahid Takouhi answered perfectly, I would just like to add one thing concerning what you said here.
I know the type of people you are talking about the people who have turned faith into law and obligation and that is exactly why I quoted from Romans to show you that our freedom is in the grace of our Lord and not laws. Those "christians" who still follow rules and laws (and give justifications with Bible verses) are handicapped in their faith and I wouldn't advise anyone to go near them.
Real freedom, on the other hand, is Christ. Freedom doesn't mean to follow your human desires which lead to death. That's slavery and torture. Real freedom is when you accept Jesus as your savior and devote yourself COMPLETELY to Him. And you will discover that thru His grace you are free from all the habits that weren't good for you but you couldn't get rid of them, didnt even want to, because you were depending on them BLINDLY. That's bondage not freedom. Real freedom is Christ and if you don't know what I'm talking about then you don't know what you're missing. wink.gif

May God bless you with His amazing love and lead you to His truth.

#107 Eloren

Eloren

Mysterious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, art, games, reading and Armenia

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:44 AM

Real freedom is when you accept Jesus as your savior and devote yourself COMPLETELY to Him

I have to admit that this sentence sounds reaaally weird huh.gif

#108 Djrak

Djrak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:53 AM

In fact, your true identity is in Christ. In other words you dont really know who you really are except thru God's truth. You can build an identity for yourself, change it from time to time adapt things from your surrounding, people and culture but you are nothing more than a slave to the lies you are told and believe blindly. True identity and true freedom are in Christ. We are at war with our own "self" which is selfish and fallen, and we are abused for that reason by evil. Only thru Christ we can be conquerers because He has defeated death.

Just wanted to add that to give a clearer explanation of where i'm coming from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users