• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#41 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Making fun or conservatives and seeking progressive change while preaching endogamy and cultural conservation in the diaspora.

Posted 02 October 2002 - 03:40 PM

1)RE the Badger state, check pm
2)It's only become important as of late, marriage should be built upon compatability and creating the ideal situation to make life easier for the children. This is what I mean, sex destroys family values. If a woman really loves a guy, she'll get beyond his short list, and if a guy really loves a woman he will get past her inability to provide an adequate envelope. Go see what your ancestors worried about- having a good wife or having the perfect envelope.
3)If you have a younger sister and arent trying to keep people away from her, I question where your priorities lie.

#42 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:genocide recognition

Posted 02 October 2002 - 04:24 PM

Tigrannes III,

How do YOU know that Armenian Christianity has remained constant for 1700 years? Were you there 1700 years ago? Do you know that in 1955 my father's doctor prescribed cigarettes for him to calm him down on his top-secret stressful job? Medicinal cigarettes!!!!!! Do you believe EVERYTHING that you are taught?

#43 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 02 October 2002 - 05:11 PM

Amazing - but I think that this thread has turned into something potentially intersting and worthwhile. I would like to see more female particiaption however - particularly from Armenia. I am wondering just how sex free and drug free that place really is - and somehow I have mty doubts.

Tigrannes I couldn't disagree with you more...well...pretty much on everything...LOL. In particualr your point about sex not being important in marraige! LOL - Man - why don't you just marry a guy then? - LOL. I mean - they only invented TV a few decades ago - think about it - just what did couples do for fun before then? Sure - I don't discount that there is much more to marraige then sex - along the lines you have alluded - but to think it unimportant - and to claim that it is/has been unimportant in family life prior to the present time (in the West)...well this is just a ludicrous statement...

And I too have a younger sister. And I always made a point to have a little talk with her boyfriends/dates as soon as I could. It ussually went something pretty much like this. "If my sister ever tells me you have done something against her wishes or have hurt or disrespected her in any way - you are a dead man - period" Other then that I pretty much left my sister to decide on her social life (after giving her the jist of my "talk" to the b/f or date and reminding her to keep her wits & be careful - etc)...and you know what - she has turrned out just great (and only ever had one date "issue" that was promptly resolved after she came to me...and funny thing - he is her husband now...LOL). And she is an excellent wife & mother - etc - as is my wife who certainly had sex prior to marriage (with me at the very least! LOL). I don't see any correlation betwen pre-maritial sex and worthyness of being a wife and mother - sorry - no. Perhaps we should start a poll?

#44 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 02 October 2002 - 05:33 PM

And Tigrannes - one word of advice - keep your (eventual...[poor girl]) wife sexually satisfied and a whole lot of things become an awfly lot easier...LOL - and its when partners aren't satisfied - by proper love/attention and sexual attentiveness/etc - that they look for such elsewhere. IMO - sexual compatability (and ability [or at least enthusistic effort]) play a major part in keeping families together...its when these wane that often one or the other spouse (or both) starts looking for this necessary human fulfilment elsewhere.

Lets put this in terms you might understand shall we? Lets say you were a poor masturbator (perhaps you are - and thats why you think sex isn't so specil etc LOL) - well I supose you would get very disatisfied - perhaps even start thinking/behaving strangely. You suspect that it could be done better - and that you might like it - but you can't seem to figure it out on your own. Don't you think you might just step out of your normal (unsatisfactory) routine and maybe buy some vibrating dolly or other aid - something totally different - in order that you might become satisfied with the experience? I don't know - just some conjecture on my part...LOL

And Tigrannes - I truly believe that our world suffers not from too much sex - but from not enough. I think a lot of ur problems are due to people going around unsatisfied, lonely, perhaps confused or depressed - not knowing how they might be happier - etc. Well - don't know if you have had the pleasure yet - but sex is good - really really good (or can be/ussually is - at least from my experience) - it leaves you feeling content and satisfied - HAPPY!!!! - for yourself - and for being able to provide pleasure to others - etc. If we all wwere having more sex I think we wouldn't be going out and doing devient stuff...like starting wars...or being nasty to others in general - or worse....(just my opinion of course)

Important note for our younger readers: Sexual relations with others is also a serious business and ussually/always has consequences of some sort (not always negative mind you) - so do not take having sex with another lightly. Think it through and get advice from a knowledgeble grown up whom you can trust. Realy there can be an awful lot of heartache and worse if not handled properly...and don't just do it because of peer pressure or such - if you aren't ready (or the situation is less then ideal) it likely will not turn out to be a positve experience...wait until it is right (for you).

#45 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:always changing

Posted 02 October 2002 - 07:06 PM

quote:
How do YOU know that Armenian Christianity has remained constant for 1700 years? Were you there 1700 years ago?
And were YOU there!? And no, your bathtub filled with hot water isnt a time machine....

Tigran,

I'd save my breath if I were you....

Teacher,

Are you sure your not stoned (ie. on pot), because you seem to be LOLing every second line. Shouldnt smoke pot every time you come to this forum mate, or you will end up with fewer functioning brain cells than the pitiful number you currently have.

[ October 02, 2002, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Accelerated ]

#46 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:Making fun or conservatives and seeking progressive change while preaching endogamy and cultural conservation in the diaspora.

Posted 02 October 2002 - 07:39 PM

THOTH,

You're on something. I'm through with you.

#47 sen_Vahan

sen_Vahan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 09:08 PM

"Vahan jan, I understand that it was(or actually I should say is important) to Armenians and maybe the Chinese and half the population of the world, my question is why? Why is it so important."

Azat,

One can as well ask why it was important to create such a thing as the family. Why people decided to create the institution of the family some time in their history?Why do family values exist in all the societies? And what is being discussed here is also a family value in some countries.(by the way as you said for the half of the world)It is hard to find the origin of this tradition of virginity (it's not christian and not muslim) and post your ideas if you have some I would be glad to discuss.What I am thinking is that "virginity of the soul is necessary"(Nietzsche) but one cannot take two things apart - the soul and the physiology. And probably the virginity of these two things makes the relations of two persons stronger,more romantic,dedicated.(thinking about the origin)
If one can keep virginity before the marriage that's great but if preserving it brings to sins,suffering and pain then he/she should not try to keep it.(my opinion)
Vahan

#48 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 09:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Accelerated:
And were YOU there!? And no, your bathtub filled with hot water isnt a time machine....

How about YOU? were YOU there? Your puny WRX can get NO WHERE NEAR the speed of light therefore, it is NOT a time machine either.

By the way, would you have any real thoughts on the subject or would you just like to continue the Thoth bashing? ... or is that your way of hitting on him ... common, we all know you have a big crush on him

#49 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 09:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Azat:
...Nairi and I use PMs only to exchange pictures.

Hmmmm ... Azat? I didn't know you got pms

quote:
Originally posted by TigrannesIII:
...and it's 2 computers (not just 1) and some phone lines

Sun would disagree. Their claim is that "the network IS the computer". I have to say I agree with them.

But seriously dude ... I got some strange Arthur flashbacks after reading some of the replies.

quote:
Originally posted by TigrannesIII:
A girl who sleeps around most likely does it because she has no self-respect.

Here's my main problem with what you said Tigrannes3. You seem to have this binary view on the subject. A girl is either a virgin or a slut. As much as I love simplicity and such binary division between things, I have come to learn that real life doesn't work like that.

#50 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 09:30 PM

sorry about the Artur flashbacks, but the guy had alot of good points, he just didnt know how to go about it. then again, i'm not too good at communication either. oh well. two PC's, does that still make one computer? ah you're the computer guy....

#51 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 09:31 PM

quote:
How about YOU? were YOU there?
No I wasnt, but I'd take the word of the Church over Hagarags anyday...

quote:
Your puny WRX can get NO WHERE NEAR the speed of light therefore, it is NOT a time machine either.
Yeah, thats true, but its still faster than hagarags bathtub, and it corners better .

quote:
By the way, would you have any real thoughts on the subject or would you just like to continue the Thoth bashing?
I would like to continue with the Teacher bashing...

quote:
or is that your way of hitting on him ... common, we all know you have a big crush on him
Yaah, what can I say, I love the guy, he is my idol, every night I go to bed with his infinite wisdom (expressed on this forum) tingling my soul, if only I were a women (or he was gay)....LMAO

#52 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 09:34 PM

i know what you mean, with the black/white, i sometimes wonder if the girl just made a mistake and regrets it, but still- she put herself in those circumstances. and in case anyone wondered, rape doesn't count against the girl at all (except maybe the ones who walk around flaunting it and working it, especially late at nite). any rapist should be castrated, i think that's a little harsher than death.

#53 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 09:44 PM

Ok so what if we make the question a bit more difficult. What about a woman that was married (had sex) and is either divorced or widowed. What about her? She is obviously not a virgin anymore... is she maybe still good enough for Tigrannes?

#54 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Accelerated:
quote:
Your puny WRX can get NO WHERE NEAR the speed of light therefore, it is NOT a time machine either.
Yeah, thats true, but its still faster than hagarags bathtub, and it corners better .
Alright ... time to put some money where your mouth is. I call a challenge. Hagarag in his bathtub, you and your choice of ANY wrx. We have to see once and for all who's going to win. I for one, can't wait to find out

#55 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 09:57 PM

i'm waaay too young to be involved with any divorced women, but yeah, that would be acceptable.

#56 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 10:05 PM

quote:
Alright ... time to put some money where your mouth is. I call a challenge. Hagarag in his bathtub, you and your choice of ANY wrx. We have to see once and for all who's going to win.
Deal! Just to make sure that I win though, I might have to sabotage hagarags bathtub....unfortunatelly I just cant figure out how the propultion system works....aaaahh maybe he's got Teacher pushing the tub while he steers it....yeah that sounds logical. Well if this is the case then Teacher is up for a real physical bashing , preferably with something blunt and heavy.

#57 TigrannesIII

TigrannesIII

Riko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 10:21 PM

I dunno, if the race is downhill hagarag might have the advantage. if he leans forward, his big head might lead him to victory. if it's grand prix style race, i dont think the bathtub will be able to handle the turns, especially if teacher is pushing.

#58 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 10:33 PM

quote:
his big head might lead him to victory.
LOL...good point, didnt think of that

quote:
i dont think the bathtub will be able to handle the turns, especially if teacher is pushing.
Dont know about this one, teachers a little unpredictable, I mean sometimes he comes up with the goods when you least expect it, remmember the story with the county chess competition, I mean that had me on the edge of my seat, chearing (for him) from start to finish (of the story), he is a true champion.

#59 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 10:54 PM

Ok ... just take a look at THIS (the first part at least). Don't tell me that doesn't apply to Armenians! I don't believe it.

Posted Image

#60 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 02 October 2002 - 10:58 PM

ok, stop. it's not nice anymore.

============
Tigrannes, even though i can fully understand your viewpoint (i lived first 16 years of my life among people with that viewpoint), you are expressing it in very crapy way.
and that is what makes people upset.

also, before trying to explain others what lies beneeth that kind of mentality, try to really understand that yourself. as far as i see you don't really know it yourself.

take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users