• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 _Anka_

_Anka_

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:52 AM

Do you guys belive in reincarnation? How do you feel about eastern way of thinking (philosophy and religion)? Any of you who's into Biddhism, hinduism, or any other eastern philosophy ? I would like to know what you think about the eastern way of thinking.

#2 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:41 AM

Reincarnation is true. East, particularly India is the center of world spirituality.

#3 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (_Anka_ @ May 26 2004, 02:52 AM)
Do you guys belive in reincarnation? How do you feel about eastern way of thinking (philosophy and religion)? Any of you who's into Biddhism, hinduism, or any other eastern philosophy ? I would like to know what you think about the eastern way of thinking.

I feel closer to Buddha’s massage (I know I sound pretentious) then anyone else’s. I particularly like practiced Zen branch of Buddhism, which in my opinion embodies the essence of Buddhism rather its other more religious branches. Reincarnation? When in Zen meditation it is just a word and nothing else.

#4 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (_Anka_ @ May 26 2004, 02:52 AM)

Humanity plasticity/brain plasticity allows reincarnation. We know that when a part of the brain is lost, the brain with its amazing plsticity capabilities will be able to retrieve the information that was supposed to be in the region lost.

If we project that to humanity, and consider each individuals as neurons to build humanity self-reflectivness, if people die(in compareason with neurons) the information could be retrieved and transmitted to new neurons.

This might explain in part the Lynn effect, or one of the misteries behind the mother language learning of a child etc...

#5 sev-mard

sev-mard

As it was in the beginning, so it shall be...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:08 PM

Shat hedakrikir Domino, I might have to read up on that.

#6 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (sev-mard @ May 26 2004, 12:08 PM)
Shat hedakrikir Domino, I might have to read up on that.

Don't read about Lynn or his research, he is an anti-black racist idiot and a manipulator. The Lynn effect on the other hand is the only interesting thing that that man discovered in his unimportant and worthless life.

#7 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Domino @ May 26 2004, 02:01 PM)
Humanity plasticity/brain plasticity allows reincarnation. We know that when a part of the brain is lost, the brain with its amazing plsticity capabilities will be able to retrieve the information that was supposed to be in the region lost.

If we project that to humanity, and consider each individuals as neurons to build humanity self-reflectivness, if people die(in compareason with neurons) the information could be retrieved and transmitted to new neurons.

This might explain in part the Lynn effect, or one of the misteries behind the mother language learning of a child etc...

Domino, what you are describing is true but it is something else, not renicarnation. Renicarnation is a soul taking another life form after death. It may or may not happen, well in most cases happens. As the person achieves a certain state (elightnenment in Buddhism) he/she no longer has to renicarnate, he/she is free from the bondage of birth and death.
What you are desribing is more like stating consciousness does not die. It is very true as well. All things that happen, all history, all thoughts, desires, words, etc. are recorded forever in the Universal consciousness as vibrations.

#8 sev-mard

sev-mard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Domino @ May 26 2004, 12:25 PM)
Don't read about Lynn or his research, he is an anti-black racist idiot and a manipulator. The Lynn effect on the other hand is the only interesting thing that that man discovered in his unimportant and worthless life.

Well thanks for the heads up, but I don't mind reading people who are anti-"me", it's good to know what the others are thinking about anyway. sly.gif

#9 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (Sasun @ May 26 2004, 12:52 PM)
Domino, what you are describing is true but it is something else, not renicarnation. Renicarnation is a soul taking another life form after death. It may or may not happen, well in most cases happens. As the person achieves a certain state (elightnenment in Buddhism) he/she no longer has to renicarnate, he/she is free from the bondage of birth and death.
What you are desribing is more like stating consciousness does not die. It is very true as well. All things that happen, all history, all thoughts, desires, words, etc. are recorded forever in the Universal consciousness as vibrations.

I don't believe in the existance of the soul. smile.gif

I think the soul does not need to exist for one to be eternel... multiple universe does just that. wink.gif

You know, the retrievel of inforation is still a mistery thing, it is believed that Quantum states are involved. Makes much sense. If we were to build a computer HD like that, if one part is dommaged, from the interactions it had with this part, the informations in that part could be retrieved.

#10 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (sev-mard @ May 26 2004, 12:57 PM)
Well thanks for the heads up, but I don't mind reading people who are anti-"me", it's good to know what the others are thinking about anyway. sly.gif

Believe me, it is more than just anti-you, that man researches have been financed by the Pionneer foundation, a racist foundation trying to "prove" black "inferiority." His researchs are the basis of the Bell Curve book published regarding "Black Inferiority." Yeh, it's good to know what others are thinking, like I usually do when reading denialist works. ...whatever... I have already debunked Lynn researchs in another forum, if you want my answers to him, just PM me. smile.gif

The Lynn effect is the increase of IQ generations to generations... environment plays are role as well as education, but seems that the same process as the learning of a child of his/her first language is involved...

#11 sev-mard

sev-mard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 01:26 PM

Yeah the name sounded familiar. I'm familar with the Bell Curve and books of the sort. I'm already parousing some of his "works" on the web as we speak. IQ scoring and whatnot isn't the end-all tell-all of intelligence anyway. Much has to do with environment, those around you, and ability of those around you and environment to facilitate accelerated learning. On a singular basis there are nuggets of genius buried within everyone, but for overall increase in perceived intelligence, lots of factors much be weighed.

#12 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Domino @ May 26 2004, 02:59 PM)
I don't believe in the existance of the soul. smile.gif

I think the soul does not need to exist for one to be eternel... multiple universe does just that. wink.gif

I understand your logic, I am just saying that reincarnation has a certain meaning, while multiple universe theory suggests an abstract notion of eternal existence (with beginning and no end) with a different meaning. You can't explain reincarnation with multi-universe theory, those are different things.
Believe it or not, soul exists smile.gif In that soul has not beginning and no end.

You know, the retrievel of inforation is still a mistery thing, it is believed that Quantum states are involved. Makes much sense. If we were to build a computer HD like that, if one part is dommaged, from the interactions it had with this part, the informations in that part could be retrieved.

Well, according to the ancient Hindu philosophy, the material universe is the manifestation of 2 things - Prana (energy) and Akasha (substance). Neither of these are material things, they are very subtle. But as the Prana creates vibrations of Akasha that is called creation of the material world in its gross form, which is all we can see and perceive as ordinary human beings. Those vibrations occur at different modes and frequencies, hence the infinite multitude of forms and materials in the universe. The universe constantly changes and transforms, but nothing is lost, it just exists in a different form.
Now the information that you are talking about is also a form vibrations like anything else. Neither Akasha nor Prana are lost, they are conserved and transformed. So the vibrations are not lost either. Hence, everything that exists is conserved somewhere. That's how all thougths, ideas, beliefs, information, etc are preserved in the universe.

In your example in order for something to be preserved past interaction with existing parts is necessary. But from what I said above follows that interacion is not necessary.

#13 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 03:01 PM

I don't know if I believe in reincarnation...all I really know about Buddism is that they believe that God is in each one us...or something like that....I don't care if they worship tomatoes,as long as it makes you a better person,a positive contributor to society,a calm person ,a giving and loving person,I'm all for it.
Actually I would like to find out more....if anyone can enlighten me,or share some sites to look into...some personal stories...do share...
Oh and this meditating...how the heck can they meditate????????
I have a million thoughts,plans,issues running through my mind at the same time...how the heck can anyone meditate and stay sane?????????????????? unsure.gif

#14 sev-mard

sev-mard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Maral @ May 26 2004, 03:01 PM)
I have a million thoughts,plans,issues running through my mind at the same time...how the heck can anyone meditate and stay sane?????????????????? unsure.gif

A Buddhist initiate might as how you can have a million thoughts in your head at one time and stay sane....

#15 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (Maral @ May 26 2004, 05:01 PM)
Actually I would like to find out more....if anyone can enlighten me,or share some sites to look into...some personal stories...do share...

What specifically are you looking for? Buddhism stuff?

#16 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (sev-mard @ May 26 2004, 03:05 PM)
A Buddhist initiate might as how you can have a million thoughts in your head at one time and stay sane....

huh??? blink.gif

#17 Maral

Maral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (Sasun @ May 26 2004, 03:22 PM)
What specifically are you looking for? Buddhism stuff?

do they sell Buddhism For Dummies books? cool.gif
or Meditating For The Mentally Insane? wink.gif

I need something which explains the theory and the methods very S I M P L Y wink.gif

I have a Deepak Chopra book,I zoned out after the second page blink.gif

#18 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (sev-mard @ May 26 2004, 01:26 PM)
Yeah the name sounded familiar. I'm familar with the Bell Curve and books of the sort. I'm already parousing some of his "works" on the web as we speak. IQ scoring and whatnot isn't the end-all tell-all of intelligence anyway. Much has to do with environment, those around you, and ability of those around you and environment to facilitate accelerated learning. On a singular basis there are nuggets of genius buried within everyone, but for overall increase in perceived intelligence, lots of factors much be weighed.

Don't waste your time on this stuff, really... only people like me do waste time with it. I just reffered to the racial stuff, because I realised that the fact that I have pointed out Lynn might be misinterprated by some. This racial stuff is exactly like the Turkish denialist machine (Pioneer Foundation), this was the reason why I got interested with it... I've done researchs about it countering this racists, just PM when you have time. smile.gif

Now back to topic, Sasun, I will be covering this on the science and technology forum, as my theory has evolved a lot since the last time I've writen about it. I would still want to make a point. Something that does not interact, never have interacted, and will never interact with another thing can not exist, or simply, does not exist. I have very strong argument to support that, just wait you'll see. biggrin.gif

#19 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Maral @ May 26 2004, 08:07 PM)
do they sell Buddhism For Dummies books?  cool.gif
or Meditating For The Mentally Insane?   wink.gif

I need something which explains the theory and the methods very S I M P L Y  wink.gif

I have a Deepak Chopra book,I zoned out after  the second page  blink.gif

Well, if you want to learn the theory of how meditation works there is much to read and yet no source will give you a satisfactory answer as to why meditation can produce wonders, how it works, etc. In a nutshell, you are using subtle qulities of your nerves.
But to practice meditation there are various methods, and some are fairly simple. I recently bought a book on Buddhist meditation but haven't read it yet, there are plenty of other books.

I will tell you what I am familiar with, not Buddhist methods. Here is one very simple method http://www.srichinmo...athing_ex_2.htm , I can't imagine anything simpler than this.

Here is another method which I practiced and it made a big difference after about 3-4 weeks http://www.srichinmo...athing_ex_6.htm . After you practice for some time regularly (everyday or twice a day, at the same time), you will feel a pleasant feeling in which you will want to stay longer. But do not do it for more than 5 minutes, or do it forcefully, it will hurt your back and head if done incorrectly or too long.

#20 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Domino @ May 26 2004, 08:31 PM)
Now back to topic, Sasun, I will be covering this on the science and technology forum, as my theory has evolved a lot since the last time I've writen about it. I would still want to make a point. Something that does not interact, never have interacted, and will never interact with another thing can not exist, or simply, does not exist. I have very strong argument to support that, just wait you'll see. biggrin.gif

Well, if you write short enough and clear enough I will read smile.gif But for the record, I believe everything that exists is interconnected in some way, so don't think that I am arguing that any form of existence can be without any interaction with other forms of existence. Actually, let me say not "interaction" but "connection".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users