• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gabig

Gabig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:43 PM

Barev! I'm in my second year at a small liberal arts college in the United States and I want to study abroad in Armenia for a semester. My advisor at the college has approved it, but the school itself doesn't offer any programs in Armenia (no surprise there). So how would I go about this? I'm assuming I would have to "enroll" as a part of some other university that does offer such a program and then have my transcript sent to my college when the semester is over? But would another school even allow me to do that? Or would I just have to temporarily "transfer" to a university in Armenia?
Any input on this process would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

#2 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:25 PM

Try the American University in Armenia:

http://www.aua.am/

or the French University in Armenia:

http://ufar.am/U/

Good Luck smile.gif

#3 SanVal

SanVal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:32 PM

The AUA is for graduate level studies.

#4 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:34 PM

...then the only option for her is to enrol in some high school in Armenia. smile.gif

#5 SanVal

SanVal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:37 PM

Are you kidding? They'd love to have any American at any university there. They'll just hike up the tuition (make you pay 10 times as much)

#6 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:19 PM

I don't think so. The education system in Armenia is as it is in Europe. There are no junior high, mid schools, etc.. The only exception might be some specialized schools that ofer 4 or 5 year program. Basically in Armenia the high school equals in terms of educational level the college system in USA. My brother took college classes for a BA and he told me that some of the study material sent him back in the elementary school. It's cool to travel back in time at an older age. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users