• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:37 AM

I don't know why and how, but usually I find lots of things in common with women that I'm attracted to.

Eve, how are you doin' today! biggrin.gif

#22 gevo27

gevo27

Its one of the most beautiful sights... now i have to go see it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Jun 10 2004, 11:30 AM)
With all this wealth of information on the Love and Romance forums, one wonders why people still have problems and buy stupid books about love and romance or self help. This is the real stuff folks. After a visit through these pages, we expect all your relationship woes to be swept under the rug.

Well it never fails to awknowledge that its much easier to advise than to be advised/take advice... you know that.. lol.. unfortunately we think clearly when we are giving advice.. (most of the time) and we dont think at all when we are in the situation that needs to be advised... sad.. but life smile.gif

And I definately agree with Anileve.. its not too good for a couple to be EXACTLY alike in all aspects of human characteristics.... that would be a disaster.. or (on the other extreme) make too many people jealous of the utopian lifestyle they might live.. hehe tongue.gif tongue.gif

#23 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Jun 3 2004, 01:42 PM)
I have been thinking recently - although thinking about these things is not my type of thing... But here goes.
What is the ideal mate for one? Someone you share a lot with (interest) and someone you are habitually/behaviourally compatible with? But how about if there are two people who don't have both characteristics but one each? One, you share interests with - but one of you is fussy and one of you is really unbearable for that person because you're untidy. The other, you don't have much in common but are both untidy and chilled out in general about the same things and get on very well even if in some respects you are worlds apart (I can't imagine the frenzy in a household of two fussy persons, which is why I left that out).
Disclaimer: I may not be making sense because I have been taking some "remedies" to take care of my hayfever problems. So excuse me.

I go for the second versions for sure when it comes to serious relationships/marriage etc. I think relationships is something we build upon time and common interests (such as both get into Japanese food etc) can always spring up over time. However there should be what I personally call "a common base" that is like both untidy or both kinda casual. I hope it makes sense.

#24 allarmeniangirl

allarmeniangirl

Close to nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Interests:Shooting through guys' hearts with my sagittarius arrow. ;-)

Posted 06 August 2004 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Jun 3 2004, 11:42 AM)
I have been thinking recently - although thinking about these things is not my type of thing... But here goes.
What is the ideal mate for one? Someone you share a lot with (interest) and someone you are habitually/behaviourally compatible with? But how about if there are two people who don't have both characteristics but one each? One, you share interests with - but one of you is fussy and one of you is really unbearable for that person because you're untidy. The other, you don't have much in common but are both untidy and chilled out in general about the same things and get on very well even if in some respects you are worlds apart (I can't imagine the frenzy in a household of two fussy persons, which is why I left that out).
Disclaimer: I may not be making sense because I have been taking some "remedies" to take care of my hayfever problems. So excuse me.

Well, you wouldn't consider dating someone who didn't catch your eye and I think that opposites attract. If both of you have some chemistry but not necessarily a lot of tings in common, you two can learn about each other's likings (interests) and go from there. If it goes well, then......wub.gif........naughty.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users