15levels

Fix the heart with work of art

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:too many

Posted 19 June 2001 - 07:40 AM

Dear compatriots,

I'm planning to design and put online a website for Armenian community in Netherlands. The original plan was to do it with help of Ararat Club in Amsterdam, I went there looking to awake interest in such project, but found nothing but indifference.

I was truly disappointed to see that Ararat has become nothing but a place for some people to defend their interests and satisfy their ego, while nothing is being done to improve the communication butween people,
promote culural events, etc. If we compare the activities of Armenian community in France to the one in Netherlands, we'll see that virtually nothing is being done here for almost 30 years.

So I made a decision to go ahead with the website without their help or co-operation,
hopefully there will be some people who can help with fundings on later stage.

The site is very much needed, we need to appeal mostly to the young people, to awake the interest in their language and culture. Me and my friends are also planning to establish an Armenian Youth Club, is there a better way to attract people than a beautiful website with a lot of information and ideas?

I would be very pleased if people will respone to my appeal and help with realization of this project.

We need a webhost (in Europe preferrably), with a good hosting plan (no limit to storage and reliability 24 hours a day) and I also ask those who would like to publish previously unavailable online material,
please contribute to the site. The purpose of the website is very broad, it will cover many aspects of being diaspora armenian,
give young armenians (most of them don't even speak armenian, nor know enough about their own culture and heritage) tools to communicate, learn and eventually work together to help their country.

We must take action and quick, time is not on our side. 2 years ago I wanted to build an interactive website which would teach armenian language online, in 2 dialects, but never could accomplish such task alone. My requests for assistance found virtually no respone. I would be delighted to include this
important subject on the tasklist of this project.

If you are interested in helping (with any means, sponsoring, contributing material, etc) please write to me at [email]ararat@15levels.com">ararat@15levels.com I promise to give full credit to those who will help us lift this project. The domain of the site will be (I am negotiating with the russian newspaper

#2 nairakev

nairakev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 21 June 2001 - 03:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rouben Malayan:
Dear compatriots,

I'm planning to design and put online a website for Armenian community in Netherlands. The original plan was to do it with help of Ararat Club in Amsterdam, I went there looking to awake interest in such project, but found nothing but indifference.

I was truly disappointed to see that Ararat has become nothing but a place for some people to defend their interests and satisfy their ego, while nothing is being done to improve the communication butween people,
promote culural events, etc. If we compare the activities of Armenian community in France to the one in Netherlands, we'll see that virtually nothing is being done here for almost 30 years.

So I made a decision to go ahead with the website without their help or co-operation,
hopefully there will be some people who can help with fundings on later stage.

The site is very much needed, we need to appeal mostly to the young people, to awake the interest in their language and culture. Me and my friends are also planning to establish an Armenian Youth Club, is there a better way to attract people than a beautiful website with a lot of information and ideas?

I would be very pleased if people will respone to my appeal and help with realization of this project.

We need a webhost (in Europe preferrably), with a good hosting plan (no limit to storage and reliability 24 hours a day) and I also ask those who would like to publish previously unavailable online material,
please contribute to the site. The purpose of the website is very broad, it will cover many aspects of being diaspora armenian,
give young armenians (most of them don't even speak armenian, nor know enough about their own culture and heritage) tools to communicate, learn and eventually work together to help their country.

We must take action and quick, time is not on our side. 2 years ago I wanted to build an interactive website which would teach armenian language online, in 2 dialects, but never could accomplish such task alone. My requests for assistance found virtually no respone. I would be delighted to include this
important subject on the tasklist of this project.

If you are interested in helping (with any means, sponsoring, contributing material, etc) please write to me at [email]ararat@15levels.com">ararat@15levels.com I promise to give full credit to those who will help us lift this project. The domain of the site will be (I am negotiating with the russian newspaper

#3 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,794 posts

Posted 21 June 2001 - 04:21 PM

Ruben jan inchov Karor em Ognel ???

MOvses

#4 15levels

15levels

Fix the heart with work of art

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:too many

Posted 22 June 2001 - 12:28 AM

to Naira: yes, I know, I am talking to him but not on this forum.

to Movses: zavt tanem, I am trying to define the purpose of the site and its usability. Ete xelkov ban durs ga, kasem anpaiman. Amen depkum, shat merci Mos jan, jishtn asats es shat husahatvetsi, miain du ev mek hogi (chem asi ov) patasxanezin im xndrankin. Apsos vor mek angam evs es hamozvetsi vor hayer@ aveli lav amboxj or@ irar glux tanen blablabla ov kanste mi concret mi ban anen.

Yalla, expair, im karzikov es ailevs aistex ognutiun chem pntri, kani vor huis chka, arden es u du email ov contact i mej klinenk. Lav exir Movses jan.

Rouben

#5 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Tennis, Jazz, Modern Art, Red Wine

Posted 22 June 2001 - 07:25 AM

Dear Rouben,

I think the reason you don't get overwhelming reply is that most of the people here don't have the software background or Webhosting background you expect. Those who have, I suspect are in a dire need of help themselves, since they maintain many other sites.

#6 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 23 June 2001 - 11:06 AM

i can help you by surfing your site.

that's it, i can't do more than that.
sorry.

#7 armeniangirl83

armeniangirl83

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 June 2001 - 10:33 AM

hehe!!ararat.nl!!!!

#8 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,794 posts

Posted 23 June 2001 - 10:51 AM

HArout jan Amenadjvar Gorts@ qez vra vertsretsir Bravo !!!

MOvses

#9 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 25 June 2001 - 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MosJan:
HArout jan Amenadjvar Gorts@ qez vra vertsretsir Bravo !!!

MOvses

shat tajanakir gorts piti anem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users