I need advice

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2000 - 05:28 PM

Barev! my name is Bianca
and I'm Latina, I respect & admire all you Armenians & I also agree about Armenians bringing justice to them Bunch of M...F.. Turks! But I have a question for all of you, what do you think about mixing races? My boyfriend is Armenian & we've been together for 8mts & we love each other very much. I would appreciate it if any of you would answer.

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2000 - 02:35 AM

Bianca,
Just do it, and never ever think of guilt. Armeno/Latina combos are hotter than the hottest jalapenos.
Happy Mother's Day.
Vargas

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2000 - 04:34 PM

Hola Bianca!

No se si hablas espanol, entonces te voy a escribir en ingles. You seem like a person who is very open to learning about other cultures. I am half-Armenian, half Irish American. I speak Armenian, and was raised more with the Armenian culture, being born and raised in Iran. I think we are all God's children, so races are imaginary! In fact I think Latinos and Middle Eastern people have much in common, as you may already know. In fact, every day I encounter Latinos who could easily pass for Armenians, Iranians or Arabs and on the flip side many of my relatives are taken for Mexicans! So I don't think that you are going to get stared at in public as if one of you was Black or Asian.

Still I must warn you many Armenians can be very prejudiced. I still am not accepted as fully Armenian. It really depends on the person, and of course things are changing.

Also, don't let the Armenians poison your mind about the Turks. What they did needs to be confessed and Armenians should be paid reparations. Still, I do not consider the average Turk as evil.

En fin, te deseo toda la suerte,y no olvides tus raices latinas!

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2000 - 05:13 PM

Hi, I come from a family that believes that keeping Armenian blood pure throughout generations is the most important thing. But I think it depends on each person. My family had been living in Iran for 600 years and managed not to marry and Iranians, but America is a melting pot, and love and leading a happy life is the most important thing. I believe it depends on the parents also, ask for their opinions and keep an open mind, becuase I have learned that my parents have a lot of knowledge and experience that can relate to any situation.
Anyway GOOD LUCK

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2000 - 10:27 AM

I think that HyeMart' family is the typical Armenian family, which is very good. I am half French Canadian but grew like an Armenian and I want my descendants in 4 or 5 genarations to live in Armenian with armenian values and traditions.
Mixing has an advantage, it makes the genes of the children stronger, therefore healthier.
Something that I don't really appreciate in modern American society is that values are not very important anymore and no one today thinks of it's descendants. I wouldn't want to have grand children 1/4 Armenian, 1/4 Canadian, 1/4 Spanish, 1/4 Chinese... four cultures mixed... you get lost and you loose your identity. Of course it's more complicated but roughly that's how I think. Bianca, it's really up to you but keep in mind that later you or/and your husband will want your children raised one way and it will create problems in the couple. I know what I'm talking about, that's what happened to my parents: they loved eachother but got married without discussing about my name (armenian or european?) or what school I would go (armenian or canadian?). Talk with your boyfriend and be sure you have the same opinions about these little things. Hope I helped.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2000 - 10:29 AM

... by the way my parents got divorced.

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2000 - 09:53 AM

hmmmmm .
iy iy iy iy
off be .

Hayi Achker Sirun Achker !!

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2000 - 01:20 PM

Lo mas importante es amor. si te quere todo ira bien!!!!!
FELICIDADES!

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2000 - 08:22 PM

It's true, love is important but cultural differences will create confrontation. That's all.
If you've talked seriously with him about your future go ahead!

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2000 - 08:49 AM

Bianca

Yo he tenido un novio cubano y el nombre de su madre era Bianca tambien!

But details aside...what you speak of is a fairly serious issue.

When I was younger and much more naive (no offense to the younger crowd )..), I used to think all that matters is love. But oh, how naive I was. I think it's superb if you can marry a man you love, but there are other considerations as well. Know that his friends and relatives will never fully accept you, no matter how nice and well mannered they truly are. You will always be an outsider, at least partly. Is that a role you want? Even though armenian/latino marriages are becoming increasingly more common, he will never feel quite comfortable having a latina as his wife (and yes, i know, he will adore you, but even given that). He will love you, and he will go against public opinion, and he'll gradually alienate himself from his own people to be with you. Loving him, is that what you want for him? If you truly love him, I know you couldn't stand seeing him become increasingly withdrawn from his own culture. Because if he does lose that connection with his people, he'll come to resent you (love you, yes, but still resent you) because there's nothing more important to an armenian guy than a connection to his roots. I hate to predict gloom-and-doom for you guys, but that's the way I see it.

In the end, Bianca, it's not a matter of love, it's a matter of practicality; which will you choose?

g.s.

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2000 - 07:32 PM

Said very well Cleopatra. Listen to her, she seems to know what she is talking about. I have seen it personally many times myself. Marriage is hard enough as it is, are you sure you want do this

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2000 - 07:00 PM

Cleopatra I agree 200%. It's true that it's not only a matter of love.

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2000 - 12:37 PM

WOW

people are actually agreeing with me for once!!!

lol.. )

gayane

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2000 - 01:16 AM

Ha ha ha! :-D

You're not such a bad (Americanized) person after all!

xxx
Raffi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users