Photo
- - - - -

Love Triangles Are Popular Themes..

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 07:06 PM

These 3 shows were all based on exploiting that theme to the point of insanity. I despise all three shows.

1. Friends - A stupid show by far... oh look at them aren't they so ZANY? No they are about as witty as a coronary.

2. Dawson's Creek - They all use crazy big words and go on for hour long diatribes, in real life were they to do that, they'd get bitch slapped or drowned in dawson's creek.

3. 90210 - The casts combined ages are greater than my post count. Combine that with the fact the show wasn't cool, unless you think watching Shannon Doherty developing a big fat ass is totally suave.

Just my two cents.

#2 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 02 February 2004 - 07:11 PM

i cant argue about dawsons creek and 90210...never liked them much, but friends....i used to love them...theyre so funny...but nowadays i never even have time to watch tv...so im cutt of from most of these types of shows...

what i do enjoy is watching cartoon network hehe...and hmm.cant think of anything else now...no real normal shows out there nowadays....i used 2 love watching Family Matters and Fresh Prince of Bell Aire...which were GREAT..no love triangles there.. wink.gif

#3 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:always changing

Posted 02 February 2004 - 08:01 PM

I've never seen a full episode of any of the three shows mentioned....

#4 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 08:32 PM

You're not missing anything Juggs.... don't sweat it... smile.gif

#5 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 09:26 PM

Yea you're not missing out. Friends is lame and makes me miss boredom. Phoebe is not funny at all. It sounds like she has a cricket stuck in her throat and not even the writers give her funny lines anymore. All out horrible asset to the show.

Ross is just a little whining androgynous male who lacks the umph and comedic relief to make the show anything remotely resembling humor.

Joey is just a clueless simp. There's nothing funny about that. I'd rather have a converstion with a dust mite.

All shows like Friends, 90210, focus around cheap materialistic "relationships" that really don't veer off into anything more complex or creative, just more like physical gratification and "omg its so cute to have someone". Screw these shows with a acid dipped shovel. For the last episode of Friends I hoped that they would shoot each other and we can see blood and finally a good episode after all these years.

#6 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 02 February 2004 - 09:30 PM

I don't know the new one but the old Friends were pretty funny (well, some things were lame but mostly funny). Seinfeld was another funny show, and Curb Your Enthusiasm was also really funny. Too bad I don't watch TV any more...

#7 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 09:38 PM

i like friends!! joey is just eye candy...one of those guys who only looks nice but can't say much!!
ross---he's adorable!! love his expressions!!!
chandler!! now HE is the king of comedy on that show!! his facial expressions..that's what i like..their facial maneuverings!!!

the girls are all right too...but to me it's secondary!!! i like the guys better!! men...naturally dumb anyways beer and sex!! end of story they have no "other levels" it's only the physical level...(most, not all! wink.gif ) and on a show like that..they get to be themselves!!! lol.gif

#8 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 09:44 PM

I like Chandlor the most, then Joe, Ross sucks big time... from the girls Phoeby is funny, I don't like Rachel she is too dumb besides I don't like that character, she is too... don't know the right word (such as blaming Ross for having sex while she was going out with another guy). Monica is OK.

#9 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (hyebruin @ Feb 2 2004, 09:38 PM)
i like friends!! joey is just eye candy...one of those guys who only looks nice but can't say much!!
ross---he's adorable!! love his expressions!!!
chandler!! now HE is the king of comedy on that show!! his facial expressions..that's what i like..their facial maneuverings!!!

the girls are all right too...but to me it's secondary!!! i like the guys better!! men...naturally dumb anyways beer and sex!! end of story they have no "other levels" it's only the physical level...(most, not all! wink.gif ) and on a show like that..they get to be themselves!!! lol.gif

Madamme, apparently you and I have a different definition of what 'comedy' really means.

#10 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:07 PM

You're not missing anything Juggs.... don't sweat it...

Yeah, I know bro, you dont need to tell me smile.gif . Of all these types of shows, wether they be drama/action/comedy or whatever, I have only ever seen a couple full episodes of Seinfeld, which is ok I guess - but I can usually find other (better) ways to amuse myself if I need to laugh.gif

#11 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Accelerated @ Feb 2 2004, 10:07 PM)
Yeah, I know bro, you dont need to tell me smile.gif . Of all these types of shows, wether they be drama/action/comedy or whatever, I have only ever seen a couple full episodes of Seinfeld, which is ok I guess - but I can usually find other (better) ways to amuse myself if I need to laugh.gif

Why do they call you juggs?

#12 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:19 PM

Why do they call you juggs?

My previous account name was: 'Juggernaut' - then I got banned, and started this account biggrin.gif - now Im a good boy smile.gif

#13 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 10:21 PM

A few years ago, I had purchased tickets for the Just for Laughs Gala here in Montreal. It's a major comedy festival that has, over the years, attracted many of the biggest names in Comedy - Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler, Jerry Seinfeld, etc... anyway, it was right after one of the first seasons of Frazier - which had grown immensely popular (and Friends too, i think) and the primary act at the Gala was to be Kelsey Grammar. He's actually quite a funny stand up comic - his act can be kind of rough/coarse and it ws during his drinking years, so I was looking forward to it (comics are always a little finnier when their lives are messed up). To make a long story short wink.gif Mr. Frazier cancels out and leaves the festival struggling for a replacement... they must have been REALLY desparate, as the only guy they could find was none other than David Schwimmer (ROSS) - a man that had never done stand up comedy in his LIFE. IT WAS TERRIBLE. VERY UN-FUNNY - the most disappointing show I've ever seen. Even with some good acts, (Andrew Clark was there I believe) when the host sucks, everyone sucks.

Anyway, a few evenings later, I was at another show (not a gala - a very small show) we got a couple of unannounced drop-ins.... Chris Rock - who's extremely funny stand-up... and even Gary Coleman made an appearance! laugh.gif

Back to the topic - I concur that Friends is not a good show.

#14 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 03 February 2004 - 01:34 AM

Old Friends was funny when I was in high school. But I haven't watched (or wished to watch) the all new Friends for the past three years.

#15 koko

koko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Interests:armenia

Posted 03 February 2004 - 10:31 AM

i think friends is a very boring tv-serie. ohmy.gif I dont find anything funny
i cant understand whats so funny about it...maybe when you were younger...like 14 something.

seinfield is better biggrin.gif

#16 sev-mard

sev-mard

As it was in the beginning, so it shall be...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Feb 2 2004, 07:06 PM)
These 3 shows were all based on exploiting that theme to the point of insanity. I despise all three shows.

1. Friends - A stupid show by far... oh look at them aren't they so ZANY? No they are about as witty as a coronary.

2. Dawson's Creek - They all use crazy big words and go on for hour long diatribes, in real life were they to do that, they'd get bitch slapped or drowned in dawson's creek.

3. 90210 - The casts combined ages are greater than my post count. Combine that with the fact the show wasn't cool, unless you think watching Shannon Doherty developing a big fat ass is totally suave.

Just my two cents.

You're so right it's painful, all of these programs suck vor, for real man. Friends is a joke, you're in the middle of new york, get some non-jermak ppl on your show. And the black chick who comes on and marries/dates a jermak doesn't count! That's just my take on it. Boring boring, stupid and boring. You got not one "stupid character" but two! Between the blonde(who is like 40) and Joey I guess his name is, stupider than Blossom's older brother, stupider then Cole on Martin, just plain apoosh! I hate that show. And the love triangle angle is played as well. How after all these years is everyone going to start hooking up? Seems incestous to me.

#17 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 03 February 2004 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Accelerated @ Feb 3 2004, 04:19 AM)
My previous account name was: 'Juggernaut' - then I got banned, and started this account biggrin.gif - now Im a good boy smile.gif

Jeez Juggs - don't go admitting that in public!

Mosjan has just come down from the mountain (or his bedroom) with a set of tablets on which the eternal rules of Hyforum have been carved.
Commandment 4 in "keep in mind" states that "Moderators' decisions are not reversible, and no pardons are given to ANYONE". The Lord Mosjan is a vengeful God, and may smite you again from this forum!

#18 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 03:43 PM

Steve, you might think it is a silly thing to have a code of conduct but come to see that it is necessary... as for 'vengefulness' it is relative. I don't think you would have luck prooving that there is vengefulness in the forum moderation efforts...

#19 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (sev-mard @ Feb 3 2004, 10:39 AM)
You're so right it's painful, all of these programs suck vor, for real man. Friends is a joke, you're in the middle of new york, get some non-jermak ppl on your show. And the black chick who comes on and marries/dates a jermak doesn't count! That's just my take on it. Boring boring, stupid and boring. You got not one "stupid character" but two! Between the blonde(who is like 40) and Joey I guess his name is, stupider than Blossom's older brother, stupider then Cole on Martin, just plain apoosh! I hate that show. And the love triangle angle is played as well. How after all these years is everyone going to start hooking up? Seems incestous to me.

Yea, by the time the show is over all the "Friends" have literally boned each other and you can sort of equate it to some orgy or something.

A dumb show that just exploits love and relationships. The funny thing is, people love it, that's why it's been around all this time, because it appeals to those of us who aren't versed on what 'comedy' really is.

I consider comedy George Carlin and Richard Pruor not "Friends".

#20 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Feb 3 2004, 06:26 PM)
A dumb show that just exploits love and relationships.

and how is that different from real life??? it's taken from real life showing what kind of bonehead guys there are out there! only in the show they end up together, whereas in real life once the girl finds out who she's dealing with she kicks his butt to the curb!! and that's how it's done! wink.gif let him come crawling back for more only to have the door shut in his face again! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users