Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(phantom22 @ Feb 25 2007, 04:23 PM) View Post

The sprit of the image of the lovely woman that you all worship is NOT the mother of Christ, but his WIFE you fools!

Since they were both named Mariam, Saul of Tarsus and Constantine were able to fool everyone so that they could PAGANIZE our religion.

To me, all this scrutiny of the nature and divinity of Jesus is nothing but a last ditch attempt to salvage that mythology which some may call (Christian) “religion”.
All these latter day fictions, non-fictions, documentaries and movies are none other than a desperate attempt to save Christianity from oblivion. It is no secret that Christianity is not gaining any converts when droves are searching alternate faiths, including but not limited to Islam.
Is it because, finally people are realizing that the so called religion of Christianity is not really a religion but a compilation of myths? Is it because, after all these years some are finally waking up and questioning doctrines like “virgin birth”, “resurrection from the dead” , none of which have anything to do with the “message” but the nature of the “messenger”? What difference does it make if Jesus was a “bastard” born put of wedlock? Why are we so stuck on when He said “MY FATHER IN HEAVEN”, which we interpte as Him being of the flesh and blood of GOD, and dismiss when He also said that most remembered passage, the Lord’s Prayer wher He said “OUR FATHER who art in Heaven”. Look again. “MY FATHER” and “OUR FATHER”. MY FATHER and YOUR FATHER.
As to “virgin birth” some myths never die.
In the Oriental/Armenian tradition, when an apparently virgin would show signs of pregnancy, among many excuses would be that she had been to an oriental/Roman bath, where males use at night and females during the day, that some time ago she had sat in a pool of water where a previous boy had left A, I mean ONE sperm behind that found its way up her womb.
Yeah Right!
Tell us another one , and I will show you a never before used before, brand new bridge over Manhattan/Brooklyn.
Until and unless Christianity comes up with new and improved “message” regardless who or what the “messenger “ is….there will be those who will more holes than “holy mackerel”.
http://en.wiktionary...i/holy_mackerel

#22 RemainFaithful

RemainFaithful

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:13 AM

It is really amusing about these latest expeditions. A DNA test showed that it was Jesus' body. How did they know if it matched? With what did they compare?

According to the sources and the Bible, Jesus was burried not in His ancestral tomb. He was burried in a cave, which the Roman soldiers were guarding day and night.

#23 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE(SIP @ Apr 15 2002, 09:28 AM) View Post

I think I am slightly confused. What would you say is the difference between the two?

religion is rules, the old testament, the 10 commandments - faith (I would rather say 'love') is the new covenant, salvation, freedom and john 3:16

Edited by aSoldier, 11 April 2007 - 08:23 AM.

#24 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:43 AM

Wow holy old question batman! I am no longer confused on this issue. I have learned the difference:

Religion: You tell me what I will believe without much scientific or logical reasoning.
Faith: I will tell me what I will believe without much scientific or logical reasoning.

#25 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:54 PM

Religion: You tell me what I will believe without much scientific or logical reasoning.
Faith: I will tell me what I will believe without much scientific or logical reasoning.

Can I bathe you in gold Sip? smile.gif

#26 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

I prefer Indian Food biggrin.gif osama.gif pizza.gif

Edit: NOT bathing in it of course ohmy.gif

Edited by Sip, 11 April 2007 - 01:29 PM.

#27 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:01 PM

huh.gif eat.gif

It's fine, as long as you EAT it. smile.gif

#28 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(Sip @ Apr 12 2007, 03:43 AM) View Post

Wow holy old question batman! I am no longer confused on this issue. I have learned the difference:

lol, sorry. I always forget to check the dates..

#29 onnig

onnig

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 06:15 PM

This old heresy of Christ having a wife, etc has already been debunked. I recommend reading this book:

http://www.aomin.org...;products_id=41

Thanks,

#30 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:45 AM

Don't get everyone confused here please, here is my opinion...
It is very simple, read the bible and try to understand it... it is really hard to understand the bible... if you don't understand anything there is the reason for going to a church, the priest reads the bible - understands it the way he understands it and interprets it to you... The Church that is called the house of Jesus does not exist physically, it is within you... Beleive what you want to beleive, it is your choice, do not listen to anyone who tries to change your mind or your belief... and last but not least if you believe in God it really doesn't matter what religion you belong to after all there is one God as we all beleive, and all your prayes will be heard no matter where you do it from, whether it is in your bed room or in a church, whether you know the prayer or you pray with your own words, it will be heard!!!

#31 onnig

onnig

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:58 AM

Don't get everyone confused here please, here is my opinion...
It is very simple, read the bible and try to understand it... it is really hard to understand the bible... if you don't understand anything there is the reason for going to a church, the priest reads the bible - understands it the way he understands it and interprets it to you...

Understanding the truth properly is not wholly dependent upon the teacher. A true child of God will recognize error when he hears it:

John 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; "

If someone teaches a "truth" contrary to Scripture, where all truth only resides, then God's sheep will abhore it, flee from it and race to a teacher who teaches the truth. This brings up a secondary issue which is the perspecuity (clarity) of Scripture. Scripture is clear and easily understandible; it interprets itself. If one is an honest and diligent student of the Word, then he will find the true meaning of every hard and "controversial" passage. There is only one meaning in every passage but that one meaning may have several applications in a persons life. It's not "what I think it means" it's "what does the passage mean" which is the case at hand.

The Church that is called the house of Jesus does not exist physically, it is within you... Beleive what you want to beleive, it is your choice, do not listen to anyone who tries to change your mind or your belief...

Along with that statement you must also realize that what you believe will define your religion. What you believe about Jesus Christ will define if you are a Christian or not. So it is not "believe what you want to believe", it is rather "believe what the Bible teaches". Listening to others who are proven teachers of the Word is vital. This doesn't contradict what I said above. Teachers are given to the church to teach and guide the church and the teachers are just as accountable to biblical consistency as anyone else. This again goes back to what the clear Word of God says and if the teacher is in line with it.

and last but not least if you believe in God it really doesn't matter what religion you belong to after all there is one God as we all beleive, and all your prayes will be heard no matter where you do it from, whether it is in your bed room or in a church, whether you know the prayer or you pray with your own words, it will be heard!!!

Very untrue:

Prov 28:9 "He who turns away his ear from listening to the law,
Even his prayer is an abomination. "

Prov 15:29 "The LORD is far from the wicked,
But He hears the prayer of the righteous. "

Yes God is able to hear all the prayers but hates the ones from those who have rejected Him, who have rejected His Son, the incarnate God, the Lord Jesus Christ:

John 14:6-7 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."

#32 GrandNational

GrandNational

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (khodja @ Apr 10 2002, 05:34 PM)
The world had been brainwashed by Constantine and his family. Jesus lived his earthly life as a typical Jew. It was his spiritual side which placed him on a different plane than the rest of us. As such, he married and had children. The HERETIC liars are the leaders of our so-called churches who have been perpetuating the lies of Constantine for all these centuries. Read up on the geneology of the Merovingian dynasty and why they were exterminated by the Papacy.

LOL! Who fed you this bull-crap, the History Channel?

#33 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:03 AM

What is amazing is that he created this thread pretty much a full year before The Da Vinci Code came out. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Khodja (aka Hagarag etc) is either related to the head, or has slept with the head, or knows someone who has had an affair with the current head of the Priory of Sion.

#34 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:12 AM

lol.gif

#35 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:21 AM

Yet again, I've been thinking a lot lately about life, religion, spirituality. Just like in everyone's lives, there happens some events where a person is shaken out of the ordinary life and rethinks about what the meaning of all this is.

I guess I should write this in another "religion" thread but since I'm already here...

I think religion, God, faith, is all secondary. Not important. What is important is that one understands gratitude. Life is good. Period. I am happy to be alive and grateful for every new day that I get to experience. Who am I grateful to? Just to life. If some out there call it being grateful to God, then so be it.

#36 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Feb 11 2009, 01:03 AM)
What is amazing is that he created this thread pretty much a full year before The Da Vinci Code came out. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Khodja (aka Hagarag etc) is either related to the head, or has slept with the head, or knows someone who has had an affair with the current head of the Priory of Sion.

The descendants of the Cilician Armenian dynasty are members of the Priory of Sion. They mingle in your midst.

#37 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:18 PM

Can someone say missing the point?

#38 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (phantom22 @ Apr 4 2009, 08:46 PM)
They mingle in your midst.

Is it safe to assume that, you are one of them? wink.gif smile.gif smile.gif

#39 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

Yervant1,

I think you knew my answer. I am a direct descendant of the last royal family of Cilician Armenia. They were members of the Catholic Church, associated with Rome not Etchmiadzin.

#40 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Yervant1,

I think you knew my answer. I am a direct descendant of the last royal family of Cilician Armenia. They were members of the Catholic Church, associated with Rome not Etchmiadzin.

Well well, welcome back Mr. phantom! you did live up to your name just like a phantom now you see, now you don't. My ancestors (both sides) are from Cilicia too, well established and respected who knows maybe they knew each other and had cup of coffee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users